Threat Opinion (Closed)  

22 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What is your opinion on the current threat system?

• It is fine as it currently is
    • It could use a bit of tweaking here and there
    • It needs a complete overhaul
    • Delete it entirely. It's detrimental
    • Unsure/Don't know

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/19 at 09:40 AM

Edit: so it completely slipped my mind that Matt had already stated that the threat system will be getting a change in the future (I'm sure someone has the post). Oops

Last week there was no poll as Riot was made open to the public for a stress test truth be told, I just didn't have a topic ready off the top of my head

If you've played apb long enough or have been on the forums long enough, you will have noticed a certain topic cropping up time and time again: dethreating. You might have also noticed in your play sessions that some players with silver threat perform better than players with gold threat (this is down to personal standards in the end)

With that said, what's your opinion on the threat system? This isn't limited to just dethreating. It also includes how your threat is determined and how much weight it holds in matchmaking

The best way for LO to make changes that will be accepted is to voice our opinions in an easy analysable manner, so let's put our initial opinions out in the open for them (This is a rather controversial topic so try to be neutral to others. We are all entitled to our own opinions)

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

Seems odd to debate something we already know is going to change.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Well, exact same thing i wanted to write but there you go 😅

50 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

25 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

and me as well.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

1 hour ago, Fortune Runner said:

and me as well.

source.gif

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Main question is "when?"...

Before everyone in this thread goes fucking stupid like threat threads always do.

The colour of your threat is only a graphical indicator. Behind that is your actual MMR/Elo rating, more specifically your Glicko system rating. All previous changes to threat have been back end changes to this algorithm and front end graphical changes. Any future changes are likely to be only graphical and still keep using a modified version of the Glicko system. There is nothing wrong with this system at all. Many of the games you all play and love and boast about the matchmaking of even use this system. The main reason why you all complain about threat is because APB not only has a small population but such a small pool of players to put against you. A max of 40, of which most are in a mission meaning you usually might only have 10 to pick from. Even if LO was to completely overhaul every feature of threat to a completely new system it would have the same exact problem.

TLDR: Stop bitching.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Same thread every month, you guys know this threat system sucks already..why don't you make a poll with suggestions instead?

11 hours ago, Lato said:

Same thread every month, you guys know this threat system sucks already..why don't you make a poll with suggestions instead?

I feel like at this point, those have already been drained too.

Oh well, let's go again.

18 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Before everyone in this thread goes fucking stupid like threat threads always do.

The colour of your threat is only a graphical indicator. Behind that is your actual MMR/Elo rating, more specifically your Glicko system rating. All previous changes to threat have been back end changes to this algorithm and front end graphical changes. Any future changes are likely to be only graphical and still keep using a modified version of the Glicko system. There is nothing wrong with this system at all. Many of the games you all play and love and boast about the matchmaking of even use this system. The main reason why you all complain about threat is because APB not only has a small population but such a small pool of players to put against you. A max of 40, of which most are in a mission meaning you usually might only have 10 to pick from. Even if LO was to completely overhaul every feature of threat to a completely new system it would have the same exact problem.

I mean, this is all that needs to be said until they fix population/max pool issue.

17 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

ShTRyDG.gif

30 minutes ago, Fur said:

I mean, this is all that needs to be said until they fix population/max pool issue.

And APB matchmaking will actually be okayish, even though the population will still be a bit low.

Even if they entirely change the threat system (which they really shouldn't beside some tweaks) people will always fuzzy bunny. Glicko is a great system and like I said is used in many many many games that people never whine about the matchmaking in. Not to mention it really is not that different from your usual Elo ratings as almost every game mmr system are pretty similar with most just follow the old chess style systems that have worked forever. 

There is honestly no need to waste time on a threat overhaul. At most some modifying of the existing backend and maybe new graphical front end if they really want, but a full overhaul is a complete waste of time to just end up at the exact same spot.

I agree that the system seem broken because of the low population, but doesn't the ability to get on a lower threat server than your actual threat have also something to do with how inefficient the system is ?

14 hours ago, Sergsininia said:

I feel like at this point, those have already been drained too.

Oh well, let's go again.

true

the threat system itself is correct . 

incorrectly approved rules of the game kill any possibility of growth of new players .

the survey is considered incorrect ! do not mix the threat system with the incorrect work of the matchmaking system of teams and groups . clans'. ...

Edited by Yood