Grelko

Turn Fallen Earth into a TRUE wasteland

Hello everyone, first post.

I feel that Fallen Earth should be turned into a true "wasteland". (Too bad none of this would never happen)

Make it an actual struggle to get what you need to make certain items. Yes I know what this could do to the game economy.

There needs to be complete overhaul done, to make people want to play this game again. I just got back a few days ago and even talked to a couple "brand new" players, so atleast that's good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the short version.

Raise the shop prices 10x of what they are now, but leave the "sell to shop" price the same. (My character doesn't have much money, but this wouldn't bother me at all.)

Remove 9/10 of the nodes (Force players to barter between themselves for the materials they need.)

Have the mobs drop materials 1/2 as often or less. This would also include harvesting/skinning.

Make bullets very hard to get and completely remove them from the shops.

Specific bullet recipes for each gun.

Full world PVP with a bounty system for player killers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First thing... make bullets VERY HARD TO GET. Even the materials to make them.

You can buy 20 bullets from the store. You can make 150 bullets, you can make 300 if you have Improved. Completely remove them from the shop and make specific recipes for each gun. If a gun can hold 6 bullets, the recipe will make 6.

None of this, queue up a bunch, logout and come back the next day with 6,000 bullets ready to go, Or spend 1 red chip for 2,000 bullets at the store. Money isn't that hard to get.

Have a way to reclaim your spent shells to make more bullets with.

There should be a 10 foot deep pile of empty shells covering the entire world by now, but apparently brass dissolves instantaneously in the future lol.

Shouldn't gunpowder take 3 items to make instead of just 2? Weak biologic, weak geologic?  What no coal?

None of these groups of 15 nodes close together, that you can gather a few and watch the other ones respawn behind you as you go. Make it 1 or 2 nodes far apart.

Places like this would include, all of the plants, fruit and sugarcane at the "Ravaged farmlands" mission and many other areas.

Even when I played this game years ago, when there were many more people playing, it was still very easy to get mass amounts of ingredients within a short amount of time.

Or

Make the entire map PVP, so that people could actually fight over the nodes they want/need to farm materials from.

This part wouldn't work that well, because people would be killing others randomly and for no reason, unless it was strictly a "roleplay" server with a court and police system. Or atleast a sheriff.

Also, it wouldn't work properly, unless they made certain nodes last longer than 1 use, then wait for respawn. It would be more like staking a claim at a silver node for example and protecting "your land" from others. Then if someone was stealing from you, then you could have a valid reason to kill that player.

If there was PVP through the entire world, they could add a bounty system for "player killers"

• Like 1

I've moved this thread to the Fallen Earth suggestions.

~@mayii

i though i was hardcore player for even suggest the veggies expiration time and the Chuck Norris of the Hardcore players comes along!

Whoaaa, hell of changes you expect, m8. Some mats are already hard to get for crafting. We are suposed to craft, You know, it's one of the best things of this game. The other one is leaving optional PVP system, so ppl are free to chose how to play.

Idk. Im new too, but i've been alredy having a hard time getting some rare resources...

Besides, Your last paragraph i think resumes wht is like using a havester near a keep. The lasting node, 3 hours, that you have to protect in your land. You should check The District and those pvp areas with keeps, you should enjoy them. Yesterday i used my 1st harvy and it was... well... boring XD nobody came to take it out from me in those 3 hours time.

The thing about bounty, with a little work, might be cool... for lvl 55 players, imo; 2 kind of bounties: for enemy faction players that kills 5 times to someone (bounty open for the enemy factions of the wanted), and for players that kill someone of the same faction or allied 2 times in a row (opened only for players of the same faction or allied, this bounty will exempt them from losing faction rep.).

These are just my thoughs, don't mind them 😎

1 hour ago, Sooney said:

i though i was hardcore player for even suggest the veggies expiration time and the Chuck Norris of the Hardcore players comes along!

I always try to make the game much harder than it is lol. My 2 favorite things to do in a game is grind and craft.  So far, my longest grind session killing the "same mob" over and over in any game, was 9 hours straight.

When I played Cataclysm DDA, I would always set the "item spawn" to the very lowest at 0.01, so that I would only find a couple items through an entire town.

My main character in Fallen Earth is currently lvl 23, but I'm still using player lvl 5-15 gear and weapons.

I'm trying to completely stay out of the towns, or buy any items at all and just craft everything myself. Except for the couple items you are forced to buy from a merchant. Like stale spice...

Removing that amount of nodes would hurt new players more than the current state of the pricing in the game. Because starting players need the amount of nodes to get going, removing these would be really hard to start unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Making the entire map PVP based would remove the need for PVP zones and harvesters, unless harvesters could be placed anywhere. As cool as true open world PVP would be, it just wouldn't work. The amount of greifing that could be done would turn more people away. 

I like the ideas, but they sadly just wouldn't work, in my opinion.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Kayleigh Stanway said:

Removing that amount of nodes would hurt new players more than the current state of the pricing in the game. Because starting players need the amount of nodes to get going, removing these would be really hard to start unless you know exactly what you're doing.

Making the entire map PVP based would remove the need for PVP zones and harvesters, unless harvesters could be placed anywhere. As cool as true open world PVP would be, it just wouldn't work. The amount of greifing that could be done would turn more people away. 

I like the ideas, but they sadly just wouldn't work, in my opinion.

That's why I just made a couple suggestions like other people have. I don't expect any of them to actually come true but, you never know.

Like I said in my first post, I know what it would do to the game economy. It would definately make it harder for new players to get certain materials they need for some of the missions though.

I was saying about full world PVP and lowering the rate of item spawns, simply because I like the struggle of getting certain items in the game. It makes me feel like I actually worked hard to get something. I do tend to play a lot of the "hardcore" and "perma death" games (especially Diablo 2 lol). I personally hate PVP, but have played that style many times over the years.

I haven't checked into S3 much yet, so I'm not sure if the materials are spread out farther than they are in S1, S2.

Why dont u play some BR then? This game is something waaaaaay different.

Play whichever way u want to, find some RP players to do all that stuff, but dont decide for all the players, unless u bought this game)

On 4/30/2019 at 2:05 PM, Grelko said:

I feel that Fallen Earth should be turned into a true "wasteland". (Too bad none of this would never happen)

Make it an actual struggle to get what you need to make certain items. Yes I know what this could do to the game economy.

There needs to be complete overhaul done, to make people want to play this game again. I just got back a few days ago and even talked to a couple "brand new" players, so atleast that's good.

Raise the shop prices 10x of what they are now, but leave the "sell to shop" price the same. (My character doesn't have much money, but this wouldn't bother me at all.)

Remove 9/10 of the nodes (Force players to barter between themselves for the materials they need.)

Have the mobs drop materials 1/2 as often or less. This would also include harvesting/skinning.

You can buy 20 bullets from the store. You can make 150 bullets, you can make 300 if you have Improved. Completely remove them from the shop and make specific recipes for each gun. If a gun can hold 6 bullets, the recipe will make 6.

None of this, queue up a bunch, logout and come back the next day with 6,000 bullets ready to go, Or spend 1 red chip for 2,000 bullets at the store. Money isn't that hard to get.

There should be a 10 foot deep pile of empty shells covering the entire world by now, but apparently brass dissolves instantaneously in the future lol.

Shouldn't gunpowder take 3 items to make instead of just 2? Weak biologic, weak geologic?  What no coal?

None of these groups of 15 nodes close together, that you can gather a few and watch the other ones respawn behind you as you go. Make it 1 or 2 nodes far apart.

Places like this would include, all of the plants, fruit and sugarcane at the "Ravaged farmlands" mission and many other areas.

Even when I played this game years ago, when there were many more people playing, it was still very easy to get mass amounts of ingredients within a short amount of time.

Or

Make the entire map PVP, so that people could actually fight over the nodes they want/need to farm materials from.

This part wouldn't work that well, because people would be killing others randomly and for no reason, unless it was strictly a "roleplay" server with a court and police system. Or atleast a sheriff.

Also, it wouldn't work properly, unless they made certain nodes last longer than 1 use, then wait for respawn. It would be more like staking a claim at a silver node for example and protecting "your land" from others. Then if someone was stealing from you, then you could have a valid reason to kill that player.

If there was PVP through the entire world, they could add a bounty system for "player killers"

Ive been thinking same way ,now some actually write their toughts here. Best idea  I hope LO take some ideas from it.

This would not be truely difficult, it would simply be annoying. You seem to have confused tedious with difficult.

You advocate for nerfing 2/3 (the bullet based ones) combat build types? For what? A more... melee feel to the world?

Are you saying bullets are OP right now?

You'd want to control resource nodes to make bullets... to defend more resource nodes... to make more bullets... fun.

Edited by Skippicaa
  • Like 1

The game is already enjoyable lets not go suggesting about core mechanics nerfs and pivot points before we even know what plans the new devs have for the game. 

Edited by Unseen2339
complaining is a strong word

1.] I couldn't see the removal of 9/10 of the notes, given that every time there's a short supply and a high demand for these things, the cost by means of auction barter ramps up to an insane cost, thus creating a depression in the flow of the economic system.

2.] YES, remove bullets from the shops, because that is an item that should be crafted, but be careful with that, because again, a supply/demand issue comes into play when you encounter those of us that have to expend upwards of 10,000 bullets per hour to achieve what we're after, which by means of PvE/Crafting in and around hostile places, and anyone who's not using melee in a highly restricted instance will no longer be able to put up a fight against any NPCs that they must clear in order to continue on to gather what they may need or progress. Creates a certain unplayability.

3.] The reason PvP is optional and there is designated zones for certain materials to be harvested, is because of the balancing. There is a certain meta of the game near end-game, where if open world PvP was a thing to the degree of not making it an option to relax passive, gear would constantly break, trolls would kill newbies all day long because there's a definite stat difference by level.

A troll comes up and kills a level 5 that just started, 30 times in a row because he can, and the newbie is weak in comparison, but the newbie can't gather the copper he needs to make the ammo, let alone step outside of the cloner for risk of being shot down or maimed by a higher level player. The way the game is designed, it's very dangerous to suggest a full open PvP map system because there's way too many overpowered folks out there who have been making builds strong for years, that would walk all over those that need the advantage of peace and quiet to catch up.

4.] Consider that node placement also accounts for constructible structures, such as large farms and camps that can be placed. If we spread out the nodes enough, there will be very very few places to place these farms and keep them compatible with the terrain, let alone the fact that you can't even place a campfire bundle down within like 35 meters of a node or NPC.

5.] This is just to add to the suggestions as a whole! Cooking other than endgame buffs is essentially useless as low level PvP is currently dead and the lower tier buffs aren't so relevant, however given that a sustenance gauge is added, it may make those cooked consumables useful in regards to replenishing that Sustenance, and mayhap when it reaches the bottom, you do not die, but you will suffer a slight speed debuff when running, and may experience some slight skill debuffing of 3-5 points if you don't eat. That was we retain the traditional balance of the game, but we add a little bit of urgency into the mix.

-Figment

The only suggestion that is OK in my opinion is removing ammo from merchants. It isn't that hard to craft but that said there are plenty of people that only buy their ammo so removing that option would hurt the way they like to play. Yes they could buy ammo off other players but lets be honest, there really isn't that many players in FE. There would be an ammo shortage.

If you want to PVP over nodes that is already an option in PVP zones. There are certain materials you can only get in reasonable quantities in PVP zones or you can set up harvesters and notify people in global where you are if looking for a fight. The reason PVP is optional is because many people play the FE without ever PVPing. They prefer not to PVP at all. Sometimes others just don't feel like PVPing are happy roaming around and doing other things. That is why FE is great just the way it is. So many player options. If you want an all PVP game perhaps you could go play one of the many, many games that already offer crafting, full PVP maps, etc.

As for the rest of your ideas, just NO!!!!

LEAVE THE CRAFTING SYSTEM ALONE!!!!!!!!!

We love FE for the ability to place something in the craft queue and then go do something else, like sleep, eat, converse with NPCs. This should never be altered......EVER.

I'm suprised a couple of you agreed with some of the changes I thought of.

Since I never actually expected any of my suggestions to happen, I made the game even harder for myself instead.

I took everything out of my vaults and any other mounts and now I keep all of my items either in my inventory, or on my vehicle.  Basically living off the land and being a hermit or nomad lol.

If you see me driving around, ask in Local chat if I have anything for sale or trade. We can set up shop and barter over a couple items out in the field.

Have fun guys

Edited by Grelko

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 4:05 AM, Grelko said:

Or

"Full world PVP with a bounty system for player killers. " Expansion

"Specific bullet recipes for each gun." agreed.

"Make bullets very hard to get and completely remove them from the shops." but you can just loot them 

"Have the mobs drop materials 1/2 as often or less. This would also include harvesting/skinning. More materials More items...

"Remove 9/10 of the nodes (Force players to barter between themselves for the materials they need.) Exactly

"Raise the shop prices 10x of what they are now, but leave the "sell to shop" price the same. (My character doesn't have much money, but this wouldn't bother me at all.) bring back the lost creeper DNA and gambling

Just..........................................            NO

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Eric Cloud said:

Just..........................................            NO

This, population is already hurting,

@Grelko is not a survival game. Even then current survival games aren't even to this level of cancer

• Like 1