yood

What do you think ruined the game?

1. Dethreating /due to/ the absurd district segregation.
  2. Out of Bounds sys , that kicked 500 good legit and nice player from game, including who did nice video, free good pubblicy for APB, positivity lost  forever.
  3. New teamkick system , perfect for griefers ,useless for teamleader. The old was bad, this is absurd.
  4. Lack of New classic content available also with any  Unreal Engine  above v1.1.2 .
  5. Merge of Servers without any logic. (If a server have few players maybe the reason are the players there itself, before put who ruined its own server in another server maybe should be made a check/survey, just for check who could enter )
  6. F2p=Free two grief system, could be better a sys like P1p = P 1 dollar for play , 90% cheat less without use any FFshame.com page.
  7. Gold locked district = 100 good honest goldies that never detrheat in entire game life begin to unistall, cause obbligation to dethreat  for join full district /friends was an offense.
  8. Item customation dressing "bugs" removed, there were a lot of creative people that used shoulder pads without vest the body armor and did marvellous outifit, (put one item on market while dressing it simply was removing it, keeping other linked on character, the genius that did it killed a lot of customation potential, ignoring the community.
  9. Ignoring the community, example= 2 years for allow cat ears plus hoodie, 3 years for have a video of Engine Upgrade work in progress. 4 years for a new anticheat.
  10. Ignoring the game, fast check= Easter event original was tooooooooo coooool, now is just a collect /farm of icons on map. 
  11. Ignoring the PVE potential = Add simple task without human opposition could be a boost for new player and maybe a better trial than press T and read 2 lines that sometime are not really clear. (do you know that 50% of new players doesnt equip/gain grenade in short time cause the dont just  press M for map?)  
  12. Sniper that need 2 shot for kill (3 sometime) ,every sniper should give AT LEAST 85% damage. (99 for HVR)
  13. horses, ok  not this, but at least a new vehicle type could be nice, i would like an Armored van or an ambulance chassis type in my garage. Neither present content has been considered as a potential thumb up, in this way ,any real new item is impossible to imagine. 

TLDR: everything done without asking a single word to veteran community.

i forgot to mention :

1. the killing of old forum with the story of a golden age of APB
  2. the noNoNO2everythingnew boyband around forum

Edited by Queen of Love
sys old forum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/26/2019 at 5:09 PM, Ydiss said:

My opinion of what went wrong with the game is many orders of magnitude more useful in a topic asking for people's opinions of what went wrong with the game than your multiple opinions on my worthiness to even post at all and your insistence that CS needs to be compared with APB 😉

But thanks for your input and I'll take that as a stand-down from you. I can agree that our discussion has run its course. 

I'm pretty sure Russian players were prolific on our EU server back when the Russian server was active. I'd say the perception that Russians ruin the game is maybe skewed by the fact that you don't understand what they're saying but they stand out because of that. 

For every unintelligible pm or /d you see, there's probably 5 equally annoying ones that you can understand perfectly. For every Russian team mate you get where lacking communication causes issues, there will be five English speaking players who don't communicate anyway or are useless. 

I noticed a lot of Russians last night when I was facing obvious DTs. But I doubt the DTs were all Russian. I just noticed the Russians more. Because they spoke Russian. One was on my team. We didn't talk but he was a better team mate than several others that night. 

thanks for your comment

15 hours ago, Glaciers said:

aside from the fact that most weapons are unlocked within a few missions, what is a new player going to do with an osmaw besides blow themselves up?

Hmmm I didn’t mention any other weapons did I? 

My point is to at least make the newbies feel like they can compete with mods and osmaw and stuff like that.

Its designed in a way that the higher rank you are the bigger the possibility of having an edge on lower players.

and considering the dwindling pop....

that just doesn’t make any goddamn sense.

Edited by Iosono
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iosono said:

Hmmm I didn’t mention any other weapons did I? 

My point is to at least make the newbies feel like they can compete with mods and osmaw and stuff like that.

Its designed in a way that the higher rank you are the bigger the possibility of having an edge on lower players.

and considering the dwindling pop....

thay just doesn’t make anyone goddamn sense.

but you unlock an ntec within like 10 missions, what use is an osmaw in comparison?

the progression is definitely not optimal currently, but removing it completely via insta-unlocking everything removes incentives to actually progress at all

I think it's the game trend changes.
New modes, more exciting new game genres make players tend to change, look for new one.
Keeping the game's identity is a good thing but the old one is not necessarily perfect.
This can be clearly seen through the video about the development of the game from time to time on FB2Mate, people can learn about it, very interesting.

47 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

but you unlock an ntec within like 10 missions, what use is an osmaw in comparison?

the progression is definitely not optimal currently, but removing it completely via insta-unlocking everything removes incentives to actually progress at all

more like 1 or 2, lol

osmaw isn't even that bad although it seems powerful to new players. issue is those get targeted in lower districts to farm weapon roles (or those mainly playing osmaw just being lowrank cause they cant compete lol)

13 hours ago, Glaciers said:

aside from the fact that most weapons are unlocked within a few missions, what is a new player going to do with an osmaw besides blow themselves up?

Osmaw tutorial.....noob teammates get behind me and launch it at my head !!!!

3 hours ago, Glaciers said:

Well that’s a huge problem isn’t it?

if one doesn’t feel the need to play the game unless they’re unlocking things....

13 minutes ago, Iosono said:

Well that’s a huge problem isn’t it?

if one doesn’t feel the need to play the game unless they’re unlocking things....

this is a separate issue but no, a sense of progression being integral to enjoying a video game is not a problem at all - it’s a core mechanic of almost every game ever made, especially within the rpg genre that apb draws heavily from

Edited by Glaciers
typo

People, as simple as that. The responsibility of having the game in this state share people on both ends - people in charge of it and consumers.
That's why I get along better with animals.

22 minutes ago, Bambola said:

People, as simple as that. The responsibility of having the game in this state share people on both ends - people in charge of it and consumers.
That's why I get along better with animals.

So we would have to take people completely out of the equation.

APB 2: The MMOTPS FOR animals - BY animals.

I wonder if some in the animal APB 2 community will have a humanoid forum avatar and refer to themselves as "skinnies"?

What ruined this game? Bad combo of players and bad developers which made bad decisions.

It's very hard to ruin original concepts. But if you just keep fucking up, well - this is result.

18 hours ago, Queen of Love said:
  1. Dethreating /due to/ the absurd district segregation. - Majority at the time wanted this district segregation, who is to blame here?
  2. Out of Bounds sys , that kicked 500 good legit and nice player from game, including who did nice video, free good pubblicy for APB, positivity lost  forever. - Lol, there is still good publicity, just not enough players to upload regularly.
  3. New teamkick system , perfect for griefers ,useless for teamleader. The old was bad, this is absurd. - Yeah, that was fun when you were booted out by team leader whenever he wanted, stripping you off rewards for mission. Or elitist teams which kicked you out because you dared to play game. Good this fucking system got implemented. Seriously it works in comprasion to old one.
  4. Lack of New classic content available also with any  Unreal Engine  above v1.1.2 . - What "classic" content? Everything there was, is there. Or maybe you want something like APB Classic? Like our population isn't thin enough...
  5. Merge of Servers without any logic. (If a server have few players maybe the reason are the players there itself, before put who ruined its own server in another server maybe should be made a check/survey, just for check who could enter ) - And let's say players say "no". Do we keep server online with few people in it? This isn't like hosting Minecraft server. This is renting high performance server at some region kind of decision. They either merge or shut it down. Which is better for you?
  6. F2p=Free two grief system, could be better a sys like P1p = P 1 dollar for play , 90% cheat less without use any FFshame.com page. - Most of cheaters already pay fees to their cheats providers. You really think they gonna cheap out on their favorite place to cheat? Forget it. Especially if fee is 1$ (laughable price if you ask me).
  7. Gold locked district = 100 good honest goldies that never detrheat in entire game life begin to unistall, cause obbligation to dethreat  for join full district /friends was an offense. - Lolwat? No, most golds play on silver districts now.
  8. Item customation dressing "bugs" removed, there were a lot of creative people that used shoulder pads without vest the body armor and did marvellous outifit, (put one item on market while dressing it simply was removing it, keeping other linked on character, the genius that did it killed a lot of customation potential, ignoring the community. - It was bug as you put it. It wasn't intended feature, then why keep it? Also, if that's reason for leaving of thousands of people... then maybe it's for the better. Wowzie.
  9. Ignoring the community, example= 2 years for allow cat ears plus hoodie, 3 years for have a video of Engine Upgrade work in progress. 4 years for a new anticheat. - Because clothing options are the biggest problems of APB right now, gosh. EU and anticheat are more serious problems on their own and putting them in rank with some clothing option is misguiding at best.
  10. Ignoring the game, fast check= Easter event original was tooooooooo coooool, now is just a collect /farm of icons on map. - If you mean that each easter event reroll was dumbed down, I totally agree. It's idiotic.
  11. Ignoring the PVE potential = Add simple task without human opposition could be a boost for new player and maybe a better trial than press T and read 2 lines that sometime are not really clear. (do you know that 50% of new players doesnt equip/gain grenade in short time cause the dont just  press M for map?) - Alright. Propose some PVE activity without bots. Be my guest.
  12. Sniper that need 2 shot for kill (3 sometime) ,every sniper should give AT LEAST 85% damage. (99 for HVR) - Lmao. How about HVR being 100 damage? No. We already got enough of "peakboos" in the past, didn't we?
  13. horses, ok  not this, but at least a new vehicle type could be nice, i would like an Armored van or an ambulance chassis type in my garage. Neither present content has been considered as a potential thumb up, in this way ,any real new item is impossible to imagine. - More vehicles is good but I would prefer it after upgrade at least to 3.5

TLDR: everything done without asking a single word to veteran community. - You don't represent my opinion and likely not representing opinion of majority of this community. And that was proven many times.

i forgot to mention :

1. the killing of old forum with the story of a golden age of APB - Lol. What story? Of old G1 not listening to their community? Good they get rid of it. Not even gonna mention how often this forum was breaking down on it's own, even more frequent than APB servers.
  2. the noNoNO2everythingnew boyband around forum - I guess this is about me. This "NONONO" boyband was somehow always right. I still remember you being so hopelessly optimistic about whatever old G1 did that when everyone told you to not disappoint yourself, you did when they released it. Anything with seal of G1 was always a disaster. It didn't take genius to figure it out. And sure... It moved on to LO but recent examples such as RIOT don't fill me with confidence.

I prefered to write in your own post each point.

1 hour ago, Mitne said:

What ruined this game? Bad combo of players and bad developers which made bad decisions.

It's very hard to ruin original concepts. But if you just keep fucking up, well - this is result.

I prefered to write in your own post each point.

Everything connected to any futuristic Engine Update has been bad.

1. new stuff-> No cause engine update.
  2. new game mode -> No cause engine update, Oh wait , lets do a mutilated version of apb, will be a success. (at least up to 40%)
  3. new players -> Engine Update will increase population->problem ->we dont have it yet.
  4. horses -> OK not this, but what about develope a Mod Kit for the volunteers around? --> engine update first ,is a priority. 
  5. Console-> Top Engine Update success-->see comment around www --> maybe keep resources for the PC community next time? Nah, we will have APB for Android next. (ehy i am joking dont do thattttt!!!! Matt! read next post please 😄)

I have always the feeling that the line of game followed always the point of view of your "hard line" (like many other) & that's not really bad ,just a bit "restrictive".

the issue is that this "hard line" carryed APB to be a ghost in NA server, and heavy decimated in Citadel.

If a system doesnT works, maybe we could try another one, not? (still talking about this engine update ...ohhh come on, we are in 2019, we will need another engine update after finish this . lets try to use own tools, is hard? ok the code is hard.... but not impossible to work with.)

(the old teamkick system was unfair, but now is a griefing machine, allow to free kick after 2 stage could been the solution.)

( meet the good people in APB and every new player will stick on it, meet just dethreaters and -censored- and this will not happen so easy)

(i dont think that a game with meow girls rocket launcher equiped surfing muscle car need to be more realistic with more graphic, is original behind every imagination as it is. ) 

(perception about catears request = nobody cares about us,   with solving this in 2 days instead community had been percepteid a good vision of company, = every ignored idea is a direct uppercut to "communication", worst of all if  the idea was good, before any blowtorch develope around, i suggested the repair drill as orange  mod, 50% of NONONOboyband hired hitman for found me, the other 50% asked for directly burn me in pubblic plaza , now the blowtorch is the most used and useful orange tool in game )

Edited by Queen of Love
i love blowtorch and colors

9 hours ago, Iosono said:

Aside from actually doing something about dethreaters, I've always liked the idea of prohibiting r195 mods from bronze district.

Of course that would be useless once phasing hits so... probably not gonna happen.

• Like 1

Does anyone remember which version of the game it was when they encrypted the files?  I remember that fucking up performance for a lot of people just because some shitty mobile game stole the Cisco model.

Top Gold clans and their unwavering complaints about the game yet doing absolutely nothing to protect the community and new players.  In the last 6 years Top gold clans have only stomped new players never team with them and systematically kill the community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2019 at 6:48 AM, CookiePuss said:

Aside from actually doing something about dethreaters, I've always liked the idea of prohibiting r195 mods from bronze district.

Of course that would be useless once phasing hits so... probably not gonna happen.

I like the idea and it’s a rather simple solution 

Mattiew Scott say :   I'm not interested in legislating your space. 

Edited by olo

What killed the game a combination of two things; The Community and the Company in Charge.

The community for the several toxic tryhards that sweat on their keyboard every single mission exploiting every single bullshoot tactic and mechanic in the game against casual players mixed with a completely broken patootie shitty matchmaking system that allows these kinds of players to face even new people / bronzes. 

The company doing little to actually nothing at all to balance weapons / mechanics of weapons to things such as matchmaking and the total lack of... Well, anything really.   Its so sad to see something as beautiful as APB just left to rot.  This game couldve been huge but alas, its not. Its just an empty husk of shiny turd that we all keep playing for nostalgic sake, walking along with hopes that maybe one day it will be great again knowing it will never be that way.

( doesnt help that LO listens to the remaining small number of people left that play the game and that small number of people being bronzes with under 200 hours in the game thinking they know the insides and outs of APB lmao )

As a side note, something Ive noticed with all games lately, is that the age of gaming has completely changed too, games arent at all what they used to be and everyone has less and less free time.  Everyone is so politically correct that, even as we have seen here, Little Orbit is trying to be so nice and correct to all the SJW Snowflakes that they kill off anyone who does anything remotely controversial, even if they have been here for years.     Society as a whole is just a huge clusterfuck of everyone trying to be offended and its truly sad lmao

Edited by Guest
Not saying LO is at fault entirely, theyre just the ones in charge and they seem to show little to no knowledge on how to handle a video game correctly. G1 is what ultimately killed APB.

47 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Little Orbit is trying to be so nice and correct to all the SJW Snowflakes that they kill off anyone who does anything remotely controversial

what are you even talking about tbh, they reached out to the 2nd biggest forum shitposter for spct i don’t think they’re worried about controversial topics  

1 hour ago, a Pair of Socks said:

As a side note, something Ive noticed with all games lately, is that the age of gaming has completely changed too, games arent at all what they used to be and everyone has less and less free time.  Everyone is so politically correct that, even as we have seen here, Little Orbit is trying to be so nice and correct to all the SJW Snowflakes that they kill off anyone who does anything remotely controversial, even if they have been here for years.     Society as a whole is just a huge clusterfuck of everyone trying to be offended and its truly sad lmao

Strange, I see far more complaints about SJW Snowflakes complaining about things, than I do complaints from SJW Snowflakes.

What is an SJW anyway? (Aside from an ill defined bad person who believes different things to what the user of the term believes.)