yood

What do you think ruined the game?

Cookie, BX, Fortune ,. Cookie, BX, Fortune ,. Cookie, BX, Fortune ... Forum APB Reloaded .

Edited by Yood
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Yood said:

Cookie, BX, Fortune ,. Cookie, BX, Fortune ,. Cookie, BX, Fortune ... Forum APB Reloaded .

active forum users are active

shocker

4 hours ago, Rebelliousness said:

I'm pretty sure the gold districts almost never had a decent population and were generally as empty as the green districts which is why the Threat Segregation was amended a few times... resulting in the truncated server selection we have now... Silver and Bronze.  threat Segregation was a huge failsauce.

It doesn't mean no one had any fun... just a very poor implementation of dividing the game population which cut down the overall population more and more so that over time it nosedived into near nothingness.  not ALL the fault of threat Segregation, but it played a part in lowering the pop.

4 hours ago, Rebelliousness said:

think about how WISE a decision dividing the population was... and along with it came changes to matchmaking and threat, and essentially G1 created a whole new game... that paled to the better balance which existed previously from RTW's original game design.  Can you BELIEVE that no one complained about threat at that time.  People wanted more content, racing district and fix to the ladder bug, where you got stuck on ladders and could get killed easy.  INSTEAD, G1 rolled out threat segregation, which was SO FAIL they had to keep changing it until they completely reworked matchmaking and threat ranks and created a GINORMOUS imbalance... which did one terrible thing... it isolated all the lower players onto one district for the bully boys to pound into dust... all day and all night until the new players disappeared entirely.  Yep... G1... that's some REAL brain power there.... well not really.

that has nothing to do with what i said though......

Low Yields

No seriously. I steadily lost interest in the game when gunplay got overshadowed by throwing grenades before every single encounter with another player. Everyone is so scared to play the game now before getting in free chip damage with the hard to avoid low yields. 

Edited by :^)
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, :^) said:

Low Yields

I'll add something on top of that, Low yields in combination with consumable ammo boxes. 

And low yields in general, consumables just made it far worse

8 hours ago, Yood said:

Hahaha, what a bunch of pansies!!

• Thanks 1

Nothing new, cheaters.

Cheaters ruined it. No chance in scoreboard clan wars, etc....

Edited by TecH EU2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me it'll sure be the servers... They always go down every day or atleast once in a week!

Cheaters, shit servers, greedy ownership and the 15 year olds who use mommy's credit card to ddos the servers because someone beat them up in a video game.

• Like 2

more false promises and still no new engine, no new content, no anything worth hearing about, just another lazy, cynical attempt at a quick smash and grab of players money.

• Like 3

Just now, toodamnmuch said:

more false promises and still no new engine, no new content, no anything worth hearing about, just another lazy, cynical attempt at a quick smash and grab of players money.

You realize APB hasnt generated a profit in years, right?

Just now, CookiePuss said:

You realize APB hasnt generated a profit in years, right?

custom title relevant, but who the fuck cares? they're still putting literally all of the development effort towards RIPPING PEOPLE THE FUCK OFF.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, toodamnmuch said:

custom title relevant, but who the fuck cares? they're still putting literally all of the development effort towards RIPPING PEOPLE THE FUCK OFF.

Calm down there sport.

47 minutes ago, toodamnmuch said:

50 minutes ago, toodamnmuch said:

where is the players money coming from if there’s no new content, no new engine, and nothing worth hearing about?

do you really think orbit bought an entire company and several IPs just for a quick “smash and grab of players money” off the 300 people left?

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 10:43 AM, BXNNXD said:

active forum users are active

shocker

your activity has not brought the game pluses for several years . I'd rather never meet people like you .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Yood said:

your activity has not brought the game pluses for several years . I'd rather never meet people like you .

the feeling is mutual my dude

20 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the feeling is mutual my dude

Cookie, BX, Fortune ,. Cookie, BX, Fortune ,. Cookie, BX, Fortune ... 

4Y9ARq8A17.jpg 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yood said:

[image]

cookie, bxnnxd, yood, fortune

lets not be hypocritical 

Edited by BXNNXD
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yood said:

4Y9ARq8A17.jpg 

I think you've had enough internet for the night mate.

Have some calpol and go to bed.

2 minutes ago, MrChan said:

I think you've had enough internet for the night mate.

Have some calpol and go to bed.

Chan from Jericho ? your turn . you're still just standing in the social district . why do you need a working server ?

Edited by Yood

8 minutes ago, Yood said:

Chan from Jericho ?

11226a0444b2fbc60551717fd62cdff8.png

cmon man

The fact it didn't end with everyone getting FF banned. (seriously, we were almost there..)

No I'm not late shvt vp I know how to forums.

On 4/30/2019 at 10:22 AM, Genobee said:

Miscommunication - the single biggest killer of APB in every iteration of its life. RTW dropped the ball hard when it came to managing development of the game. The studio failed to effectively talk between teams and released a poorly designed mess. Not to mention seemingly lost player feedback along the way. EA didn't exactly help either with backstabbing them and counting on the game to fail. 

Yes, because after 5 years, and 150 million dollars, EA wanted something to show for their money.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:01 PM, TheDogCatcher said:

It ruined the game because they didn't have the resources to pull it off, meaning they had to divert manpower away from producing new content and creating patches to the EU.

What's worse is that the EU still hasn't been released, they bit off more than they could chew and as a result the whole game suffered.

If the EU is ever released it'll probably be final nail in APB's coffin anyway, it's bound to buggy/unpolished which will probably lead to what's left of the playerbase abandoning ship.

However there is no single factor that brought this game to it's knees but rather a whole combination of things including the time wasted on the console ports, the toxic playerbase, inadequate anti-cheat measures, lack of moderation, being taken over by an inexperienced company who didn't really understand the game, the fact that it got off to a shaky start in the first place, all the money wasted during initial development, etc.

All things considered it's a minor miracle that it's lasted this long.

You do realize, that in order to add in new content, they'd have to do the EU anyways, as the heavily customized Engine that APB was running on was not fully understood by the 6 coders G1 had left, right?

On 5/1/2019 at 5:11 AM, NyanPowa said:

- Nymphi--DoubleDee (G1WhiteKnight - lol i didnt know u could change ur name but i could be wrong) : this one isnt a normal internet troll, its a GREAT internet troll.

5127218-7847497500-47931.jpg

How sweet. ^.^

Now, are you still Gold in Bronze, using OSMAW's on R15's?

a7b4xub9d3321.jpg

3 hours ago, Yood said:

Says the guy that was Gold in Bronze nightly..........

Ooooooooooooooh, the irony!

14 minutes ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Says the guy that was Gold in Bronze nightly..........

Ooooooooooooooh, the irony!

I have a green threat level . but I agree with your comment . gold playing in the silver arena is smarter than me .