yood

What do you think ruined the game?

3 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Pretty weak. Majority of the "good" APB players have 0 issues being towards the top of the foodchain in other games too.

Especially considering what could have happened if the hours invested in APB would have been invested somewhere else.

Not saying APB is a perfectly balanced competitive game. It has it's flaws with it's asymmetrical mission design no doubt.

However denying that skill does matter is just a cheap excuse for your own flaws unless you want to tell me that bronzes and silvers have just been unlucky for years.

Shoutout to HarryHook who became an Overwatch pro.

let me translate this for you m8

alot of these APB players cheat and they have no problem bullying anyone. they also cheat on other games too, afterall its what cheaters do.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Pretty weak. Majority of the "good" APB players have 0 issues being towards the top of the foodchain in other games too.

Especially considering what could have happened if the hours invested in APB would have been invested somewhere else.

Not saying APB is a perfectly balanced competitive game. It has it's flaws with it's asymmetrical mission design no doubt.

However denying that skill does matter is just a cheap excuse for your own flaws unless you want to tell me that bronzes and silvers have just been unlucky for years.

Shoutout to HarryHook who became an Overwatch pro.

I'm not denying that skill does matter! Don't twist my words here. That's cheap!

4 minutes ago, NyanPowa said:

let me translate this for you m8

alot of these APB players cheat and they have no problem bullying anyone. they also cheat on other games too, afterall its what cheaters do.

there's an elaborate society of cheaters that permeates every layer of the video game industry, cheating with impunity everywhere and anywhere - from professional tourneys to dead games like apb

or

there are a lot of decent to very good players spread across a lot of games

occam's razor my dude

42 minutes ago, DominationBaby said:

I'm not denying that skill does matter! Don't twist my words here. That's cheap!

So ... ? Can you elaborate or do you have no idea where you wanted to go from there?

Was your post just another silly hackusation rant? Please, enlighten me then how much skill matters when I've shown you that your conclusion about "success" in other games is completely wrong.

Where does the skill gap come from? How do we have the same players in the top and the same at the bottom for so long?

Go on. Say some words. Otherwise that's truly cheap. Not taking position and then just fending off all points as twisting your words when you aren't even capable of taking a position.

If not shove off and leave the pointless insinuations be if you can't take it to be called out on them.

Edited by TheJellyGoo

I havent matched with a cheater once for months even I play actively. Most of u hackusating ppl and crying about hackers. Im not saying "there is no" yes there is but not that many. Maybe that is cuz of the low population I dont know but the "hack" problem is not the major one rn imo. I see lots of new players on silver servers. They are losing and cant progress so they quit, this game requires progress to have fun, better mods, slotted weapons, new cars etc but cuz of the matchmaking system they are matching with ppl already have those slotted better guns with better mods and they are losing, they dont have fun and cant see a future on the game also toxicity a factor. threat and matchmaking balance is the major problem of this game and I also agree that engine expections are ruining the game it needed to be done immideatly and LO need to focus on those major problems. imo RIOT will bring more problems, Im not saying "RIOT is a bad idea", the timing is wrong for a new game mode. We already have big problems at current state of the game. LO now will need to balance the RIOT and the missions at same time. I know it is not possible to satisfy everyone at the same time, some ppl wants new content some wants other stuff but we need to solve our current problems instead of bringing new ones. 

Edited by transcript
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, transcript said:

Thanks. for your honest opinion

On 5/1/2019 at 4:29 PM, TheJellyGoo said:

Can you please provide something I can see and comprehend instead of your anecdotal doomsday screeching?

There was no issue joining a populated gold district in europe so yes it was a good time for me in apb.

Yea golds always LOVED joining gold districts.... and if ya wanna see doomsday... log into APB rn.

• Like 1

On Colby we arranged a day for golds to be in gold and it got maxed out fast and stayed that way for hours.

Bronze and silver district waiting lately  is minor compared to that day.

The golds I talked to back then said they had a lot of fun.

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

On Colby we arranged a day for golds to be in gold and it got maxed out fast and stayed that way for hours.

Bronze and silver district waiting lately  is minor compared to that day.

The golds I talked to back then said they had a lot of fun.

Democracy  Jun 19, 2014 @ 5:03pm

Can't Join Friends Districts?

I tried playing this again but I'm gold threat and my friends are silver. I can't join their districts, because of some new setting not allowing me to, and the gold districts are completely empty (Litterally only 2 players atm) How do I play with friends now? Is there a way to disable this setting to join silver districts?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/113400/discussions/0/522730699464003319/

Sure bud.  Sure.

1 hour ago, Hey! said:

Sure bud.  Sure.

oh look someone does a random quote from one day for someone and immediately insists we never arranged a day for gold in gold district even though its a well known event we did back then.

The community here talked about it before.

I dont remember if we did it on Jericho as well but it would be nice if the community arranged it it soon for fun.

Edited by Fortune Runner

9 hours ago, Hey! said:

Yea golds always LOVED joining gold districts.... and if ya wanna see doomsday... log into APB rn.

You know I asked for you to show me proof of that since I initially provided all the facts that somehow show a different picture than your claim?

What a dead APB now has to do with a well going back in 2013 - I don't know. What connection are you trying to make?

2 hours ago, Hey! said:

Democracy  Jun 19, 2014 @ 5:03pm

Can't Join Friends Districts?

I tried playing this again but I'm gold threat and my friends are silver. I can't join their districts, because of some new setting not allowing me to, and the gold districts are completely empty (Litterally only 2 players atm) How do I play with friends now? Is there a way to disable this setting to join silver districts?
https://steamcommunity.com/app/113400/discussions/0/522730699464003319/

Sure bud.  Sure.

Is this why you think segregation is responsible for empty gold districts and players leaving? Because...

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

-Players are allowed to move down a district threat level again.

...is when they loosened segregation. Take a look from when your quote is. 2014.

If you follow the link that you thankfully provdided you can read that they clearly talk past segregation time.

Almost as if I knew:

On 5/2/2019 at 1:29 AM, TheJellyGoo said:

[...]

Are you sure you're not confusing "empty gold districts" with after they changed it back since most yellows joined silver districts to stomp on some lower threats?

Because that's when the actual "high tier players" were confronted with empty gold districts and had to follow the sheep which ended not just in the slaughter of yellows but silvers too.

Edited by TheJellyGoo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

oh look someone does a random quote from one day for someone and immediately insists we never arranged a day for gold in gold district even though its a well known event we did back then.

The community here talked about it before.

I dont remember if we did it on Jericho as well but it would be nice if the community arranged it it soon for fun.

I'm pretty sure the gold districts almost never had a decent population and were generally as empty as the green districts which is why the Threat Segregation was amended a few times... resulting in the truncated server selection we have now... Silver and Bronze.  threat Segregation was a huge failsauce.

It doesn't mean no one had any fun... just a very poor implementation of dividing the game population which cut down the overall population more and more so that over time it nosedived into near nothingness.  not ALL the fault of threat Segregation, but it played a part in lowering the pop.

think about how WISE a decision dividing the population was... and along with it came changes to matchmaking and threat, and essentially G1 created a whole new game... that paled to the better balance which existed previously from RTW's original game design.  Can you BELIEVE that no one complained about threat at that time.  People wanted more content, racing district and fix to the ladder bug, where you got stuck on ladders and could get killed easy.  INSTEAD, G1 rolled out threat segregation, which was SO FAIL they had to keep changing it until they completely reworked matchmaking and threat ranks and created a GINORMOUS imbalance... which did one terrible thing... it isolated all the lower players onto one district for the bully boys to pound into dust... all day and all night until the new players disappeared entirely.  Yep... G1... that's some REAL brain power there.... well not really.

People will never stop caring. This game is a gem, but it really needs new content to pull any player base. Yes, we all agree that new content is needed (developers and players). Well, I mean, she could make a quick post by throwing a deuce or something.

Because its owners don't care. When you fire all the passionate people on your team, and all that's left is a hunger for money, you don't deserve anything better. 
I'm not talking about really successful producers and businessmen who know who to hire, but about the torso of the Studio that used to stand behind its name. 
Of course, there are many who fail, but before that happens, at least they try their best.
We don't care, and the team is very passionate about the game. Don't speak for us, we all work hard with a very small team.

How can you still blame the community for mining some bunch of information, even though this company is clearly ignoring it?

We're damned if we do, and damned if we don't.

On 4/29/2019 at 2:31 PM, Yood said:

WHAT DO YOU THINK RUINED THE GAME?

Cheaters obviously.. They killed all population allready. Remained only masochists or newbies.

• Like 1

Just now, Ole Lukøje said:

Cheaters obviously.. They killed all population allready. Remained only masochists or newbies.

I disagree in principle with your statement . given today's anti-cheat tandem service , the game has become very playable . I do not see obvious cheaters in the game already .

1 minute ago, Yood said:

I disagree in principle with your statement . given today's anti-cheat tandem service , the game has become very playable . I do not see obvious cheaters in the game already .

Try join asylum anytime & watch clear (Citadel) All nicknames & clans are known, how you cant see them?

27 minutes ago, Ole Lukøje said:

Try join asylum anytime & watch clear (Citadel) All nicknames & clans are known, how you cant see them?

ping 1-50 MS easily gives you a chance for 50 -70 kills in a fighting club . cheaters ? No.

clans are known - because of the small areas of Eastern Europe . clans server Citadel in 90 % of cases collect players living in the same location (city ,country) , established groups with the use of additional Discord - win is not possible .

Edited by Yood

well, the problem N#1 here is the community, for example the "golds" in bronze server who say "ez", "noob"  or  other insults saying you suck in the game, with the excuse that they are drunk... and they keep calling you noob when you ask them: why you don't play in silver or gold?

followed by the problems of connectivity and ddos... I think the game don't need a generic battle royale, it needs the graphics engine update and better matchmaking...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2019 at 7:04 AM, BXNNXD said:

there's an elaborate society of cheaters that permeates every layer of the video game industry, cheating with impunity everywhere and anywhere - from professional tourneys to dead games like apb

or

sooner or later shit will be caught and neutralized

Edited by Yood

1 minute ago, Yood said:

sooner or later shit will catch and neutralize

leave it to yood to miss the entire point of my post 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JessBLT said:

well, the problem N#1 here is the community, for example the "golds" in bronze server who say "ez", "noob"  or  other insults saying you suck in the game, with the excuse that they are drunk... and they keep calling you noob when you ask them: why you don't play in silver or gold?

Golds who play in bronze are fucking losers (forgive my language), I wouldn't worry to much about what they say. 

30 minutes ago, Yood said:

ping 1-50 MS easily gives you a chance for 50 -70 kills in a fighting club . cheaters ? No.

clans are known - because of the small areas of Eastern Europe . clans server Citadel in 90 % of cases collect players living in the same location (city ,country) , established groups with the use of additional Discord - win is not possible .

U must be kidding or troling me, okay.. wanna some names & shame? Its not about MS, K/D or Discord. 

How said JessBTL the problem N#1 here is the community - which consists of the same cheaters, who protect each other in the game and on the forum. Actually official APB Discord owner the cheater with few bans. So teach me more what i don't know.. mb some english lessons? Ur arguments are ridiculous! Leave me..

1 minute ago, Ole Lukøje said:

Actually official APB Discord owner the cheater with few bans. 

more details please !

I'm basically familiar with the citadel contingent . I spent 2016 in the Citadel

Edited by Yood

16 minutes ago, Ole Lukøje said:

Actually official APB Discord owner the cheater with few bans.

first off, there is no official apb discord 

secondly, i thought we put the whole “fairfight was actually unreliable” thing to bed months ago