yood

What do you think ruined the game?

you all know me . you know, I'm principled to the bone . I have my own attitude to the different characters around me . but ! if even shit ! says is correct , true , conceptually correct . I see that .

3 hours ago, NyanPowa said:

BXNNXD: asking to be banned but never gets it

i’m flattered that you’re thinking about me, but i’m already in a relationship

this damn game won’t let me go :^)

21 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i’m flattered that you’re thinking about me, but i’m already in a relationship

this damn game won’t let me go :^)

hard not to see the local troll with 9000+ trash posts...

ex owner's and staff's behaivour. Mostly.

37 minutes ago, NyanPowa said:

hard not to see the local troll with 9000+ trash posts...

what can i say i’m a very vocal person 

The question is, what can we as a community do to make sure the game doesn't die and evolve into something greater?
I hope that the new engine update and summit returning to APB will bring tons of new people. I feel like some of this is on us though to make sure that the player count doesn't keep dropping.

server performance

cheaters

lack of newbie protection

in exactly this ranking

On 4/29/2019 at 11:46 AM, TheJellyGoo said:

On reddit I found two possible time stamps about introduction of threat segregation:

Let's ignore the usual seasonal swings and that the gold rush event pushed it's peak in August 2013 I still fail to see the genocide of the playerbase.

In fact it looks like it started to go downhill from threat segregation removal? Am I missing sth. what am I missing?

you LOVED the time of Threat segregation when golds didn't even have a district to log into and everyone and their mother-in-law started dethreating to log into bronze districts to WTFslaughter lower op in a rage?  yeah that really helped the game.  Golden times.  So many higher tier player QUIT that they changed it so silvers could go into bronze district and golds could go into silver district. THREAT SEGREGATION WAS NEVER REMOVED AND IT FO SHO FKED THE GAME.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NyanPowa said:

we have

- common internet trolls as SPCT like CookiePuss: totally not a troll 

- BXNNXD: asking to be banned but never gets it

- Nymphi--DoubleDee (G1WhiteKnight - lol i didnt know u could change ur name but i could be wrong) : this one isnt a normal internet troll, its a GREAT internet troll.

- and last but not least, @MattScott unbanning cheaters instead of banning them(some even brag about getting free premium for cheating). oh yea, we gotta love this CEO.

more pactical reasons for failure: No development team, all games will eventually get boring which is why regular content updates are a must. There are worst games doing alot better than APB, because they still continue to get regular updates and changes.

I would suggest putting the mythical "Engine Upgrade" on the back burner and making sure the community get constant updates on a fixed schedule no matter how trivial.

fakt .

to my regret, I see it as a grain of thought . Agreed.

Edited by Yood

22 minutes ago, Hey! said:

you LOVED the time of Threat segregation when golds didn't even have a district to log into and everyone and their mother-in-law started dethreating to log into bronze districts to WTFslaughter lower op in a rage?  yeah that really helped the game.  Golden times.  So many higher tier player QUIT that they changed it so silvers could go into bronze district and golds could go into silver district. THREAT SEGREGATION WAS NEVER REMOVED AND IT FO SHO FKED THE GAME.

Have you even read my post? Can you please provide something I can see and comprehend instead of your anecdotal doomsday screeching?

There was no issue joining a populated gold district in europe so yes it was a good time for me in apb.

Are you sure you're not confusing "empty gold districts" with after they changed it back since most yellows joined silver districts to stomp on some lower threats?

Because that's when the actual "high tier players" were confronted with empty gold districts and had to follow the sheep which ended not just in the slaughter of yellows but silvers too.

Inability to stop cheaters, glitchers, and poor gameplay against new players from the vets like camping item 400m from the objective turn in without a hud marker. There's a lot of factors, aside from the in depth gun mechanics that people don't know about. Threat seg caused a lot of population loss, lack of updates, and server and game performance as well.

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

miscalculation. an attempt to speed up the process of increasing the number of players through incentives. inclusion of clan gameplay with a small population.

I think it is simpler than that.

I say the fault was the management. Nothing else. The old CEO (Björn) knew they were slowly killing the game and didn't care to avoid it (hey, he's a business man). You don't slowly strangle a game like that without being aware of it. The individual problems can't be blamed, like cheaters, anti cheat, bugs, weapon/mission balance, engine update etc. What can be blamed is old G1 for not fixing those things.

If it isn't too late, it can be fixed with the proper people behind the wheel. But then LO needs to hit bulls eye. There can be no bull if they want to pull that off. They have to really put the best minds together and not cut any corners.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NyanPowa said:

Honestly I'm willing to give the newer version of the program benefit of the doubt. With the old one people caught non-stop flak despite actually doing a lot behind the scenes. I mean I personally don't believe they've made that many good choices for their program. That said who cares. For all we know this is the case here. Yes some of them are coming across as jerks, but so does a lot of the APB community. 

Anyway I kinda have to agree with you on the content side of things. What we have now is beyond stale. It has aged like an opened soda left baking in someones trunk for years on end. Would be really nice to see some movement on that front. I mean the upcoming BR mode kinda helps with that.. yet I'm adamant that it isn't going to change much of anything. Those modes are an old tired fad by this point. It isn't going to be breathing new life into APB (at least that is what I'm very much worried about). 

14 hours ago, NyanPowa said:

beside the obvious cheaters,

we have

Awww man, its my fault?

F4sLbLy.gif

18 hours ago, Sniperturtle said:

Fairly certain the p2w-claims originate from Steam, just browse through the reviews there it's claimed p2w in like 60% of those and in pretty much every negative one.

One of the reasons why i'd absolutely love the ability to forward timed JMB guns.

Slightly off-topic but still a part of it: Just the other day i was teamed with a brand new bronze, guy gets ran over with a car by the opp and first thing he says in district chat is "p2w"... not hard to guess where he got that bollocks from...

Exactly what i meant. People read p2w anywhere, be it Steam, district chat or see it in WatchMojo(tm) "Top 10 idiots who watch WatchMojo(tm)" and just start repeating it as their excuse why they always lose. Obviously, some items were p2w in the past. With LO that shit has been eradicated - yet the old accusations still hurt the game till today.

Same for hackusations. If it's not p2w you died to, it's a hacker. People hear that APB has a hacker problem, and suddenly everyone else is one. Yes, APB has cheaters. Yes, they are an issue. But it gets widely blown out of proportion - also thanks to people like that one weeb who makes dumb videos on YouTube about dying to "gold hackers" and the new "paperart" or what it's called anime doll he made, whilst also complaining on hacking forums that his free cheat doesn't work anymore. Many people are less extreme than that but still - pointless hackusations still hurt the game.

And since the relative proportion of hackers in APB is nothing special compared to other f2p - or even paid games - that's just dumb and the hackusations actually hurt it more than the actual cheaters.

Ofc the shit tiggs/g1 pulled with fairfight (which, itself is a quite good anticheat if used in combination) also hurt the game.

As well as there being some cheats that were not acted upon much as well as exploits - due to G1 just stopping to care plus using fairfight on its own instead of in tandem with a clientside one.

In general, late G1 was the worst that happened to APB - but it's not only them. Early G1 might've screwed things up too - like... the TTK increases (which I think, now, didn't turn out toooo bad) but at least you could see them being invested in the game to a certain degree, almost as much as LO.

1 hour ago, neophobia said:

People read p2w anywhere

Spotter mod (game breaking on it's own even without premium) with premium was blatant p2w.

APB is not Hard it's unbalanced! That's the biggest problem why people quit this game and they are right nobody want deal with unbalanced Missions, Broken Cop car spawner, Broken respawn protection, in general respawn points.  

How you can talk about skill gab in this Game when the game is so unbalanced? Ask yourself where are the top players from APB with ''skill'' in balanced games? where are they??? 

Edited by DominationBaby

Topic still alive..

0 new players protection from 255 gold aggresion and destruction

44 minutes ago, wHisHi said:

Topic still alive..

0 new players protection from 255 gold aggresion and destruction

There is allways a few players that will abuse low skilled ones. Thats not a problem, they would lose to anything anyways.

1 hour ago, DominationBaby said:

APB is not Hard it's unbalanced! That's the biggest problem why people quit this game and they are right nobody want deal with unbalanced Missions, Broken Cop car spawner, Broken respawn protection, in general respawn points.  

How you can talk about skill gab in this Game when the game is so unbalanced? Ask yourself where are the top players from APB with ''skill'' in balanced games? where are they??? 

Pretty weak. Majority of the "good" APB players have 0 issues being towards the top of the foodchain in other games too.

Especially considering what could have happened if the hours invested in APB would have been invested somewhere else.

Not saying APB is a perfectly balanced competitive game. It has it's flaws with it's asymmetrical mission design no doubt.

However denying that skill does matter is just a cheap excuse for your own flaws unless you want to tell me that bronzes and silvers have just been unlucky for years.

Shoutout to HarryHook who became an Overwatch pro.

Edited by TheJellyGoo

10 hours ago, Microtea said:

Spotter mod (game breaking on it's own even without premium) with premium was blatant p2w.

all that does is let them know where i am and when they shoot at one of us we all know where they are

they die just as fast then

if that is your excuse you need to aim  better to coordinate with your team to kill them

I'm silver and this works fine against them. yes its an annoying mod and yes it needs tweaks , but by far its not impossible to deal with when a team works together to kill them asap at each obj location.