Havana

FBW firing mechanic is bad for the game.

All you gotta do is buy an OCSP "Kommandant" requires more hits than an fbw, but has a higher fire rate and a lower ttk, plus it tags people, and you can get it using APB $. goodnight everybody.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BlitzKitty said:

All you gotta do is buy an OCSP "Kommandant" requires more hits than an fbw, but has a higher fire rate and a lower ttk, plus it tags people, and you can get it using APB $. goodnight everybody.

While the OCSP does have a SLIGHTLY faster RoF than the FBW (0.190 vs 0.2), it actually has a slower ttk (1.13 vs 1.0).

The FBW isn't a good starter gun? The original starter gun was the Colby SNR... you know, that six shot revolver, where you died if you didn't hit 3 or 4 rounds.

In addition to that, you have the Obeya 762, Joker SR15, and others that all have a "rhythmic mechanic" as you described. What is wrong with having a learning curve in the game that doens't allow you to merely mash your mouse1?

Games should require a level of skill. Anyone can master the basic mechanics with enough time and effort.

The FBW is the jack-of-all-trades of sidearms in the game in my opinion, it's got good range, without being over powered, and having a long effective range, and the rate of fire is comparable to the nano. 

K?

• Like 1

Gathering all the arguments on this topic we should all agree on something.

git gud.

If this is all it takes to piss you off then you're really gonna freak out from having a yukan jammed in your back for that sweet 0.05 kill time!

6 minutes ago, Empress_EDI said:

If this is all it takes to piss you off then you're really gonna freak out from having a yukan jammed in your back for that sweet 0.05 kill time!

I almost took the bait on this one.

Well played.

On 4/27/2019 at 6:15 PM, Noob_Guardian said:

to be honest though, most people who fire fbw that well are either macroing or scrollwheeling. You'll never see a legit person not hickup once in a while with the gun.

I think I just lost 1.9 million brain cells

1 hour ago, Asu said:

Approx how many left?

1 minute ago, Sergsininia said:

Approx how many left?

he's in the negative rn, drooling everywhere

• Like 1

Just now, BXNNXD said:

he's in the negative rn, drooling everywhere

A vacuum of brain cells, interesting. Gotta go put this in my research, I found the cure to cancer - fail at using the FBW.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Asu said:

Everyone hickups once in a while you won't fire the FBW perfect rhythm every time in every situation. It's NOT going to happen, there WILL be a slight differentiation in firerate and speed, and "Stopping" at times during firefights, maybe not often but it WILL happen. Pretending that such things don't and won't happen ever, is ignorant. Maybe with that many braincells lost you might be able to gain a few and learn something for once.

5 hours ago, TheHidden-Tember said:

Solution: Add an option to shoot every semi auto gun in full auto mode.

Let's add aim assist too.

14 minutes ago, MrChan said:

Let's add aim assist too.

I fully agree about allowing a full auto mode to semi-automatic weapons like the FBW and Obeya.

It will help some of the lowest skilled people slightly but it will plateau their skill level and even moderately accurate tap firing will still kill them.

Yea, You know its TRUE! So why in the F@$K is the FBWsd soo much  manageable ?

That should be the gun that is stock, OR FBW stock should be changed to match that firing mechanic.

If  you disagree, be intellectually honest with yourself, and just admit, You want a seriously BS unfair advantage!

This is such a EASY fix, MAKE the FUCKING GUN work like the FBWsd! PERIOD END of story!

How smart is making a STOCK STARTER PISTOL, A huge LEARNING curve ?????????????? For NEW PEOPLE! 

How in the HELL CAN YOU JUSTIFY, THAT  A rhythmic firing pattern, that takes YEARS to master ( BY alot of you guys own accord) be THE Starter pistol for the game???

All of your arguments for hanging on to your Big Fish in Small Pond are really getting OLD!

Can you really afford to let your 5000 hour ego actually let a NEW player learn the game and actually have a chance, YOUR ALL PATHETIC!

I make alot of controversial posts, that people blow off.

But, notice they are all in favor of the New Player experience and NOT just the Elite.

1 hour ago, Havana said:

This is such a EASY fix, MAKE the FUCKING GUN work like the FBWsd! PERIOD END of story!

How smart is making a STOCK STARTER PISTOL, A huge LEARNING curve ?????????????? For NEW PEOPLE! 

the fbw and the fbw-sd are exactly the same gun, other than the pistol silencer reducing recoil

On 4/27/2019 at 11:53 PM, Havana said:

This IS NOT a starter pistol. There is no way in hell this gun makes any sense. All the Pro Gods use this gun and I die from it more than any other weapon.

You’re actually bad for the game.

ive never understood people shouting a gun is unfair when you’re perfectly welcome to use and get good with it yourself.

why not just practice with it instead of crying about it?

Merged.

On 4/28/2019 at 12:39 AM, VanilleKeks said:

This thread is held back by its defective, backward wording and reasoning. Not only is this opaque, but it is also very feeble-minded and the overall argument is weak. This thread is an underachieving, half-witted piece of text that I do not like to any extent, or agree with in any shape or form.

Holy fucking narcissist 

Edited by Iosono

5 hours ago, Glaciers said:

the fbw and the fbw-sd are exactly the same gun, other than the pistol silencer reducing recoil

BS, try it dude, its totally different!

5 hours ago, Iosono said:

You’re actually bad for the game.

ive never understood people shouting a gun is unfair when you’re perfectly welcome to use and get good with it yourself.

why not just practice with it instead of crying about it?

Because its the Starter Pistol, but there is NOTHING starter about it. 

Merged.

On 4/28/2019 at 12:09 AM, swft said:

So you're telling me that a veteran player who learned to shoot the FBW through practicing does not deserve this advantage? I guess people shouldn't have an advantage if they went to college opposed to someone who only finished high school when going into a job interview. Do you see how ridiculous you sound right now?

You could argue that maybe APB shouldn't have this "rhythm mechanic" and should just allow you to spam M1 and always hit the maximum firerate (which could also mitigate the macro issue), sure that would decrease the skill ceiling by insane amounts in FBW/Oscar/Obeya/Obir/Carbine and so on, but that at least deserves a debate while your reasoning for this simply doesn't.

Yes I AM! ITS STUPID!  The mechanic shold be the same as I stated. A so called started pistol should not take years to master!

Ok, yes, you get your cookies, but this is the starter PISTOL for gods sake. see how dumb that it.

So the Starter pistol should take years to  learn, see how dumb that is. Of course you don't because you and everyone else in this game is selfish.

12 minutes ago, Havana said:

BS, try it dude, its totally different!

considering ive used both the fbw and the fbw-sd for thousands of hours at this point, i think i understand how they work

if you'd like further evidence, here are both guns stats side by side

1a6f36058483a454036fd171e10ca00c.pngafe991d2da07fa85c5d85d92ebc01598.png

aaf25ab8c9813919089f6849ff4201a4.pnga276f1d21b37fdfa055edde41dbefbdf.png

btw i read through the thread again and you never discussed your suggestions on how to equalize the inherent skill gap caused by natural talent in apb

On 4/29/2019 at 12:00 PM, Glaciers said:

if natural skill is inherently unbalanced  then how do you propose to make the game equal?

forget the fbw rate of fire, this imbalance goes all the way down to basic shooter foundations - how would you change apb to equalize all players’ different reaction times? different hand eye coordination? different situational awareness? different multitasking abilities?

if there somehow is a way to remove natural skill, a way to “balance” apb, don’t you think that would also remove the fun of playing? after all a perfectly balanced game should theoretically have no winners and no losers, the outcome of every mission would be determined as a tie before the mission even started

and if no one wins and no one loses, what exactly is the point of apb?

i look forward to your (laughable) answers for a perfectly balanced video game

1 minute ago, Glaciers said:

considering ive used both the fbw and the fbw-sd for thousands of hours at this point, i think i understand how they work

if you'd like further evidence, here are both guns stats side by side

1a6f36058483a454036fd171e10ca00c.pngafe991d2da07fa85c5d85d92ebc01598.png

aaf25ab8c9813919089f6849ff4201a4.pnga276f1d21b37fdfa055edde41dbefbdf.png

btw i read through the thread again and you never discussed your suggestions on how to equalize the inherent skill gap caused by natural talent in apb

You cant, but test the FBWsd against the FBW its NOT the same. Maybe you wont notice the difference because you are good at both.

But there is a extreme difference between mobility and firing if u dont have the perfect thythm.

1 minute ago, Havana said:

You cant, but test the FBWsd against the FBW its NOT the same. Maybe you wont notice the difference because you are good at both.

But there is a extreme difference between mobility and firing if u dont have the perfect thythm.

there is not

do you see "fire interval" ? thats the minimum time between shots, its the same for both the fbw and the fbw-sd

Stop looking at charts and try real life, do you actually beleive the graphs.?

Try it, there is a noticeable and forgiving difference in the FBWsd.

Just now, Havana said:

Stop looking at charts and try real life, do you actually beleive the graphs.?

Try it, there is a noticeable and forgiving difference in the FBWsd.

im using the charts for your benefit, since you clearly dont understand the practical mechanics involved 

4 minutes ago, Glaciers said:

im using the charts for your benefit, since you clearly dont understand the practical mechanics involved 

I understand REAL WORLD performance perfectly! you are just a TROLL

3 minutes ago, Havana said:

I understand REAL WORLD performance perfectly! you are just a TROLL

OK, EVERYONE, Noobs especially. Try out the FBWsd compared with the FBW. You will see it is much more forgiving. I dont care what the Graph says. Everyone knows those APBDB charts are not right in a lot of cases.  I can rhymically shoot the FBW just fine but not while moving. But have NO problem doing it with thesd.

Edited by Havana