Havana

FBW firing mechanic is bad for the game.

11 hours ago, Havana said:

So if you are a natural drummer and have the ability for RHYTHM (which I do NOT) you have a built in advantage.

11 hours ago, Havana said:

There should NOT be any gun that gives such an Advantage because of natural rhythm ability.

How does someone become better at playing any instrument or game?

Get a tutorial if you want to learn, Practice if you want to get better

This is not the soviet union here, we cant be equal in everything

I can't believe you guys took this bait so serious 

Not to mention the lower your latency, the better the fbw is. Yea all guns have a disadvantage (especially semi auto guns) with high latency but with FBW is a lot more noticeable. For example

check FBW shoot animation with low latency (shoulders move a lot more and hands are moving side to side when firing and moving at same time) <---- better accuracy

check fbw shoot animation with high latency (character is like stuck on the floor and shoulders/hands barely move) <-- lower accuracy

Just check low latency streamers and then check a high latency streamer (150-180ms).

14 hours ago, VanilleKeks said:

This thread is held back by its defective, backward wording and reasoning. Not only is this opaque, but it is also very feeble-minded and the overall argument is weak. This thread is an underachieving, half-witted piece of text that I do not like to any extent, or agree with in any shape or form.

you sound like my dad after looking at my first science project.

1 hour ago, Lign said:

Haha, my thoughts exactly.

Can't help but laugh at these responses.

15 hours ago, Havana said:

So if you are a natural drummer and have the ability for RHYTHM (which I do NOT) you have a built in advantage.

Lol.    😆

to be honest some weapons in apb takes time to learn longer than any normal shooter because of controlling bloom and recoil, bullet spread its retardedd but its apb.

Edited by RUN1

2 hours ago, Lign said:

it’s just a prank bro 

it's literally just a pistol

how is this even something worth debating...

I think it's secondary weapon is a good help for new players . don't touch .

7 hours ago, VickyFox said:

How does someone become better at playing any instrument or game?

Bass guitars should be redesigned because Steve Harris has an advantage over me.

8 hours ago, Deftonez said:

it's literally just a pistol

how is this even something worth debating...

it's not just a gun . and need to discuss

21 hours ago, MrChan said:

Bass guitars should be redesigned because Steve Harris has an advantage over me.

Can we nerf Les Claypool already?  He's like when the SHAW was accidentally changed to fire OPGL grenades.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

On 4/27/2019 at 5:32 PM, fang said:

so to sum this up more efficiently than your quadrillion word essay does, you're suggesting that people shouldn't gain an advantage for being naturally better at something

not sure you've really even grasped the concept of what a shooter is tbh

Yes you just said it. Naturally better.

If I can run faster than you in real life should be able to run faster in game than you right... I'm naturally faster! 

I knew all tje no life die hards would be butt hurt.... 

34 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Can we nerf Les Claypool already?

Don't forget Geddy Lee. 

They both OP. 

Plz nerf. 

On 4/28/2019 at 1:09 AM, swft said:

So you're telling me that a veteran player who learned to shoot the FBW through practicing does not deserve this advantage? I guess people shouldn't have an advantage if they went to college opposed to someone who only finished high school when going into a job interview. Do you see how ridiculous you sound right now?

You could argue that maybe APB shouldn't have this "rhythm mechanic" and should just allow you to spam M1 and always hit the maximum firerate (which could also mitigate the macro issue), sure that would decrease the skill ceiling by insane amounts in FBW/Oscar/Obeya/Obir/Carbine and so on, but that at least deserves a debate while your reasoning for this simply doesn't.

You sound like a total egoist and your ego is under my feet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Havana said:

Yes you just said it. Naturally better.

If I can run faster than you in real life should be able to run faster in game than you right... I'm naturally faster! 

I knew all tje no life die hards would be butt hurt.... 

if natural skill is inherently unbalanced  then how do you propose to make the game equal?

forget the fbw rate of fire, this imbalance goes all the way down to basic shooter foundations - how would you change apb to equalize all players’ different reaction times? different hand eye coordination? different situational awareness? different multitasking abilities?

if there somehow is a way to remove natural skill, a way to “balance” apb, don’t you think that would also remove the fun of playing? after all a perfectly balanced game should theoretically have no winners and no losers, the outcome of every mission would be determined as a tie before the mission even started

and if no one wins and no one loses, what exactly is the point of apb?

i look forward to your (laughable) answers for a perfectly balanced video game

Edited by BXNNXD
it’s just a prank bro
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, ATK- said:

You sound like a total egoist and your ego is under my feet.

Didn't ask.

On 4/27/2019 at 11:53 PM, Havana said:

You see you have to have the perfect rhythm to shoot it as fast without being too fast and misfiring. 

Exactly, now go practice.

to be honest, I didn't read the post.

But I think the FBW is perfect starting weapon since getting the fire rate down is one of the only "skills" mechanics that apb has. 

On 4/27/2019 at 2:53 PM, Havana said:

This IS NOT a starter pistol. There is no way in hell this gun makes any sense. All the Pro Gods use this gun and I die from it more than any other weapon.

I have been playing for 6 or 7 years. For the longest times I thought these FBW auto guys were all cheating. But no they are not.

You see you have to have the perfect rhythm to shoot it as fast without being too fast and misfiring. Which is PRECISELY why it should be altered!

So some ppl are naturally more artistic than others right?

And some ppl can play music and some absolutely cannot.

Like I said, I have been playing for years, but cannot shoot this gun like that AND move at the same time. 

In addition to all of the years I have been using it, I once played 2 hours a night for like a month straight NEVER readying up in a empty district. NOTHING but shooting this gun!

can do it standing still but cannot maintain the rhythm and move at the same time.

It's NEVER going to happen, I just DO NOT have that ability.

There should NOT be any gun that gives such an Advantage because of natural rhythm ability.

This is one of the main reasons ppl hackusate and leave the game. They get owned over and over by some one dodging around and shooting this Starter Pistol with near automatic consistency.

If we want NEW players, some of these Veteran players are going to have to live without their advantages, THEY have enough already.

Since serious issues like this probably won't be addressed, it will be the same experience GAP always and No new players will stick around.

It should not take 4,5,6 or 7 years to git gud at learning a rhythm of a DAMN STARTER PISTOL!

There is NO OTHER Gun in the game that works like this. Not the Oscar, NOT the Carbine NOTHING!

The LEGENDARY version the OCSP Kommandant DOES NOT behave this way and even takes another shot to kill.

Nor the .45 NOR anythng...

I'm sure someone will say all the childish crap like git gud and Silver this, or even say use Scroll wheel firing or macro.

Since the ONLY people who come to the forums are VETS who abuse this I'm sure this will ONLY get downvoted.

Sure there are other guns and play styles that annoy me. Like Oscar users and Jump Out True Ogres and what not.

But, that can be countered. I can never counter this FBW rhythm shooting. I am sure there are lots of ppl who like me. 

They don't even understand what is going on with this guy/gals shooting this starter pistol so rapidly and accurately from such distance.

Then they try theirs and they can't fire it at even half the rate. Thats a great first impression.

They falsely assume they MUST be cheating like I did. 

I hope some one at LO will take a serious look at this guns fundamentally flawed gun shooting mechanic

Here is a tip.

Git....

Gud....

The best balanced primary weapon in the game, you get as a starter rifle. OMG! Nurf da STAR!

Seriously... 7 years, and you still don't know how to fire a FBW?

uh, excuse me but it's not because you have problems mastering a weapon that most people do, a weapon should not be balanced because 1% of it's users are unhappy.

FBW is a perfect starter weapon because it's a happy medium between everything, it's quite easy to tap, has enough ammo to be forgiving on misses, and forcers you to learn it to make something good out of it, aka a perfect starter weapon .