Havana

FBW firing mechanic is bad for the game.

This IS NOT a starter pistol. There is no way in hell this gun makes any sense. All the Pro Gods use this gun and I die from it more than any other weapon.

I have been playing for 6 or 7 years. For the longest times I thought these FBW auto guys were all cheating. But no they are not.

You see you have to have the perfect rhythm to shoot it as fast without being too fast and misfiring. Which is PRECISELY why it should be altered!

So some ppl are naturally more artistic than others right?

And some ppl can play music and some absolutely cannot.

So if you are a natural drummer and have the ability for RHYTHM (which I do NOT) you have a built in advantage.

Like I said, I have been playing for years, but cannot shoot this gun like that AND move at the same time. 

In addition to all of the years I have been using it, I once played 2 hours a night for like a month straight NEVER readying up in a empty district. NOTHING but shooting this gun!

can do it standing still but cannot maintain the rhythm and move at the same time.

It's NEVER going to happen, I just DO NOT have that ability.

There should NOT be any gun that gives such an Advantage because of natural rhythm ability.

This is one of the main reasons ppl hackusate and leave the game. They get owned over and over by some one dodging around and shooting this Starter Pistol with near automatic consistency.

If we want NEW players, some of these Veteran players are going to have to live without their advantages, THEY have enough already.

Since serious issues like this probably won't be addressed, it will be the same experience GAP always and No new players will stick around.

It should not take 4,5,6 or 7 years to git gud at learning a rhythm of a DAMN STARTER PISTOL!

There is NO OTHER Gun in the game that works like this. Not the Oscar, NOT the Carbine NOTHING!

The LEGENDARY version the OCSP Kommandant DOES NOT behave this way and even takes another shot to kill.

Nor the .45 NOR anythng...

I'm sure someone will say all the childish crap like git gud and Silver this, or even say use Scroll wheel firing or macro.

Since the ONLY people who come to the forums are VETS who abuse this I'm sure this will ONLY get downvoted.

Sure there are other guns and play styles that annoy me. Like Oscar users and Jump Out True Ogres and what not.

But, that can be countered. I can never counter this FBW rhythm shooting. I am sure there are lots of ppl who like me. 

They don't even understand what is going on with this guy/gals shooting this starter pistol so rapidly and accurately from such distance.

Then they try theirs and they can't fire it at even half the rate. Thats a great first impression.

They falsely assume they MUST be cheating like I did. 

I hope some one at LO will take a serious look at this guns fundamentally flawed gun shooting mechanic

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Yes guns and firing do not throw off cross hairs correctly to where a gamer mouse can benefit better than any human can.

Too many times people close to being full auto can not miss with a gaming mouse properly setup for that.

Little Orbit did say after they do the engine update and after that the threat and matchmaking that they would be returning  to gun balancing when they are more prepared for doing so.

The threat and matchmaking issue has to be dealt with first so that new players don't get mismatched with veterans.

I do not know if they can make a temporary and/or minor adjustment to the guns ; only Little Orbit can answer that one.

• Like 1

So you're telling me that a veteran player who learned to shoot the FBW through practicing does not deserve this advantage? I guess people shouldn't have an advantage if they went to college opposed to someone who only finished high school when going into a job interview. Do you see how ridiculous you sound right now?

You could argue that maybe APB shouldn't have this "rhythm mechanic" and should just allow you to spam M1 and always hit the maximum firerate (which could also mitigate the macro issue), sure that would decrease the skill ceiling by insane amounts in FBW/Oscar/Obeya/Obir/Carbine and so on, but that at least deserves a debate while your reasoning for this simply doesn't.

to be honest though, most people who fire fbw that well are either macroing or scrollwheeling. You'll never see a legit person not hickup once in a while with the gun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

jV1PcRV.jpg

This is nicer than posting the actual meme.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 5

"skill based team shooter should remove skill based advantages"

did you actually think about this thread or did you get rolled by a team of "pros" and come to whine on the forums?

big fucking edit:

38 minutes ago, Havana said:

There is NO OTHER Gun in the game that works like this. Not the Oscar, NOT the Carbine NOTHING!

The LEGENDARY version the OCSP Kommandant DOES NOT behave this way and even takes another shot to kill.

i REALLY hope you're joking, because every semi-automatic weapon has a set fire rate that cannot be exceeded ("rhythm") 

if you don't even understand the basics of an entire weapon category you don't deserve to have an opinion on how that category is balanced

Edited by BXNNXD
you know why
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Havana said:

There should NOT be any gun that gives such an Advantage because of natural rhythm ability.

so to sum this up more efficiently than your quadrillion word essay does, you're suggesting that people shouldn't gain an advantage for being naturally better at something

not sure you've really even grasped the concept of what a shooter is tbh

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Havana said:

And some ppl can play music and some absolutely cannot.

So if you are a natural drummer and have the ability for RHYTHM (which I do NOT) you have a built in advantage.

Being a fairly good bass player (which requires a sense of rhythm) has proved of little benefit to me when it comes to timing FBW shots.

In this thread:

OP insists that learning gameplay mechanics is somehow unfair.

OP insists that learning the cycling/refire rates of guns is not a thing.

47 minutes ago, Havana said:

...and OP insists that the OSCAR fires randomly.

In addition to all of the years I have been using it, I once played 2 hours a night for like a month straight NEVER readying up in a empty district. NOTHING but shooting this gun!

can do it standing still but cannot maintain the rhythm and move at the same time.

It's NEVER going to happen, I just DO NOT have that ability.

This honestly reads like you're complaining at your own inability to learn and calling for an arbitrary nerf to one of the most balanced guns in the game specifically because of it.

I'm sure someone will say all the childish crap like git gud and Silver this, or even say use Scroll wheel firing or macro.

Since the ONLY people who come to the forums are VETS who abuse this I'm sure this will ONLY get downvoted.

Have you honestly ever considered the possibility that your opinion is being criticised because it's fundamentally flawed and not because "veterans are defending their toys"?

This is one of the main reasons ppl hackusate and leave the game. They get owned over and over by some one dodging around and shooting this Starter Pistol with near automatic consistency.

If we want NEW players, some of these Veteran players are going to have to live without their advantages, THEY have enough already.

Since serious issues like this probably won't be addressed, it will be the same experience GAP always and No new players will stick around.

"no one will keep playing the game if it continues to reward those who learn to be consistent"

I hope some one at LO will take a serious look at this guns fundamentally flawed gun shooting mechanic

Pray tell, what is there to change about perhaps the most balanced secondary in the game?

Please say something like "a random chance for the gun to jam as you try to fire it" so I can have a laugh.

I know this forum is an international one, so timezones are a thing, but this thread honestly feels like something written at 3 AM with minimal clarity of mind.

Edited by MartinPL

This thread is held back by its defective, backward wording and reasoning. Not only is this opaque, but it is also very feeble-minded and the overall argument is weak. This thread is an underachieving, half-witted piece of text that I do not like to any extent, or agree with in any shape or form.

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 1

Sorry the game doesn't hand you an easy way out i guess >.> maybe git gud 🤔 

But FBW is ez, how is it not a good starter weapon? You want one harder to use? Sure it's easy to choke up and not shoot at a good speed sometimes for people without experience, but that's every semi-auto in this game. The people who are good with it prove it's good

tl:dr. OP is madcuzbad

• Like 1

Come on guys, be more progressive and open minded! We need more equality of outcome so we all are winners, and nobody, nor handicapped player like this stays laying behind with FBW.

I cant play with oscar and hvr. You need to close the skillgap pls so its fair. It only makes sence.

Jeez its 2019!

Edited by AxeTurboAgresor

41 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

This thread is held back by its defective, backward wording and reasoning. Not only is this opaque, but it is also very feeble-minded and the overall argument is weak. This thread is an underachieving, half-witted piece of text that I do not like to any extent, or agree with in any shape or form.

Please stop using your forum skills to forum better than people who can’t play the drums.

I think there's way more problematic guns that need to be looked at.

Though you do have a tiny point. I'd rather see other secondaries buffed tho.

I'm just going to assume this is a really good shitpost.

And if you want to use the excuse that I'm just a vet that abuses it. No. I'm trash with the FBW and get slammed by people using it. The gun is legit my kryptonite.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

god forbid someone actually gets good at this game

2 hours ago, Havana said:

It should not take 4,5,6 or 7 years to git gud at learning a rhythm of a DAMN STARTER PISTOL!

It shouldn't take that long to handle semi-autos ROF (which by the way all work pretty much work the same way), even if you're not familiar with rhythm in the first place. You must be doing something wrong on your end. I'm not a big fan of cutting down the skill ceiling on semi-autos by making max ROF easier to get, it's good to have weapons that actually require practice to get good at.

I also don't get how it is an issue that the first secondary weapon you get in apb is also one of the best and most reliable ones. Sure you can argue that new players won't have any idea about reaching decent ROF, but it still remains a viable weapon even if you're not able to reach its full potential (plus you get access to other good secondaries like RFP-9 or PDW rather quickly).

Edited by gold
typo
  • Like 1

cmon mate it aint too hard to learn how to shoot fbw

reminds me of an issue that if you have low fps, like sub 60 the fbw and other semi-auto guns just dont fire as reliably as with higher fps

1 hour ago, Havana said:

I'd just like to point out the FBW and the Colby 45. AP (along with the FR0G) have the exact same fire rate. The Obeya CR762 has a very similar fire rate, but it's ever so slightly slower.

1 hour ago, Havana said:

This IS NOT a starter pistol.

Maybe we should go back to the Snubnose as being the starting secondary.

Edited by Lord Cashpoint
  • Thanks 1

What the fuck did I just read.

If you're gonna try and talk about balancing, at least know a thing or two about the game as a whole.

"Playing for 6 or 7 years" 

How. After all that time how do you post this garbage.

• Like 1

I'd like to see OP's petition to the Olympics to remove every event because people trained themselves to be better at it than the average joe. 

FBW and STAR are the perfect weapons because they're noob friendly but even more dangerous in the hands of a pro which just flies in the face of the "APB is P2W" crowd, we shouldn't nerf a game because players have the ability to get good at it.

It's called
* inhales *
n a t u r a l   s e l e c t i o n