westy

No sever swapping?

Why is there still no way to swap your character to a different server? Im on a US server that peaks at only about 200-230 players on a good day, those players are only on a single bronze/silver/social district, rarely is there anyone in a fight club, a district I enjoy the most.

Since i am threat level gold, my district selection is cut in half, just to one district only if its not full.

I check out the EU server and saw it was packed, around 700 players, multiple full district with plenty more populated including the fight clubs.

I am led to ask myself what the point of playing anymore if i am essentially playing by myself or trying to wait and refresh to try and enter a populated district.

I feel completely at a loss, i would like to play this game, but cant bring myself to create a new character from scratch after i spent all the time and money on my original.

The character log on server was not designed for this.

Other than that I do not know for certain.

it would be nice if we could.  I dont mind a little higher ping to play against people like how Warframe gives a  choice to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, westy said:

cant bring myself to create a new character from scratch after i spent all the time and money on my original.

What about those who did?

I agree that down the pipeline we should just have the ability to log on to any server/district, but there are quite a few players who live through separate Jericho and Citadel lives, a lot of characters will go to waste.

20 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

What about those who did?

not everyone is willing to spend money and time grinding a new character.

36 minutes ago, westy said:

in the past there was new character slots won from joker boxes as well.

if that still happens then they would still be in the same boat regardless of paying for a new slot or winning one.

I hope we can do the phasing and matchmaking soon I would love to play with Europe people instead of just Jericho so that i would have a wider player base to play with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, westy said:

Did you even bother to read the line you quoted?

I wasn't asking about future or possible new characters I was asking about the already existing ones - i.e. those who have already spent money and time grinding a new character. 

It was and still is a legit question - What about those people who already have separate Jericho and Citadel characters/accounts?

Again I am all in for server merging and letting everyone play everywhere with every character but I was legitimately wondering what happens to those who currently have separate characters for each server? Do they just pick their favourite and abandon the others? Will trading still be segregated to preserve each region's economy? What is a happy solution to this albeit small but still very legitimate problem?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

what happens to those who currently have separate characters for each server? Do they just pick their favourite and abandon the others? 

Their choice, but yes that is one option. 

4 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Will trading still be segregated to preserve each region's economy? 

I sincerely hope not. .k hi

5 minutes ago, KnifuWaifu said:

What is a happy solution to this albeit small but still very legitimate problem?

Phasing using the entire PC population as matchmaking potential rather than the max 40 Players on the opposing faction at any given time. 

Other than that, I hope nothing else 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Phasing using the entire PC population as matchmaking potential rather than the max 40 Players on the opposing faction at any given time. 

Other than that, I hope nothing else

what do you mean? are there other possibilities? i cant think of anything