Lixil

Extended Server Maintenance (Monday 4/29/2019)

Guy in that gif  isnt mad ,hes just trying to fix that old pc .  And hopefully we can get some update too from LO . 

They might be focusing on APB more? As they have more people that play on there it seems. But I mean... then again a lot of people have been trying to come back to FE lately.

No updates, 😞😞

22 minutes ago, Aquefire69 said:

They might be focusing on APB more? As they have more people that play on there it seems. -snip-

Been playing APB while waiting. It's empty af. Everyone either plays in one financial district or afks in social. Can't even progress b/c no one plays waterfront.

If I had to choose which felt more alive, I'd choose Fallen Earth. It has a supportive and active community and PVE doesn't require someone else wanting to queue up. APB might have a social community, but it is a pvp game and the pvp is rife with idiots on a teamkilling high, straight up abandoned districts with nothing to do in them and a very clique-y, holier than thou, atmosphere.

...just my 2 cents

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skippicaa said:

Been playing APB while waiting. It's empty af. Everyone either plays in one financial district or afks in social. Can't even progress b/c no one plays waterfront.

If I had to choose which felt more alive, I'd choose Fallen Earth. It has a supportive and active community and PVE doesn't require someone else wanting to queue up. APB might have a social community, but it is a pvp game and the pvp is rife with idiots on a teamkilling high, straight up abandoned districts with nothing to do in them and a very clique-y, holier than thou, atmosphere.

...just my 2 cents

Oh I did not know. 
I actually have not tried APB, I thought Fallen Earth would be more interesting. But yeah looking back to a year or two ago when I played a lot of people helped me out when I knew nothing. I am still trying to get the hang of it.

2 minutes ago, Skippicaa said:

Been playing APB while waiting.

sitting here playing clicker games and working on a few things.

Just waiting for an update. It's been over 10 hours since the last one.

they might just be sleeping to come back fresh for the next battle

They could be. Not sure what time zone they are based in. Mountain time here.

Well at least the launch of the Tesla rocket was a success today. 
There locations are based in California and also in London. Not sure where their servers are though.
So just another waiting game again today. 

2 minutes ago, Aquefire69 said:

Well at least the launch of the Tesla rocket was a success today.

Bah, knew i forgot something. Good to hear it was a success.

Eh, they can always launch another rocket, but there's only one Fallen Earth.

• Like 1

• 27 minutes ago, Grelko said:

Eh, they can always launch another rocket, but there's only one Fallen Earth.

.What if it is gone forever? 😲😲😲😲😲

4 minutes ago, Aquefire69 said:
  •  

.What if it is gone forever? 😲😲😲😲😲

Even Diablo 2 is still online and that's been out since 2001

If it REALLY came down to it, people would be upset, but they could wipe the world and start with a fresh one. I'm sure they have backups of backups and the source code

Edited by Grelko

Maybe this 5 days was the wipe and 2 servers I heard some much about ?!

Looks like it has been left on to see if it self corrects maybe? Login server seems to work, it's the hand off to the world server that must be mucking up, or perhaps as Matt said it's dumping the request due to no response. What players are seeing is the client dumping us on to the alternate login screen where a world is selected. In our case the only one is Alec Masters which shows offline because the world server is taking too long to respond so the client just shows Offline.

Perhaps if not already done see if there is an old G1 contact that might have some insight or harness 3rd party assistance. I know i've been there myself before.

6 minutes ago, miketam said:

Hopefully we are not at this stage yet.

12 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

We're in a weird position at this point.

Technically, all the servers are working properly. All the databases are restored and up.

However, the system overall is unbearably slow. It takes hours to boot and load all the data.

Once it is up, the timeouts between servers make the system unstable and unplayable.

We took everything down and restarted it all from scratch about an hour ago, and not everything is fully booted.

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,
Matt 

Sounds like everything is working fine, just running really slow. So once they get that part fixed, it should be back up.

Now, if we could just get an update on the situation

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Grelko said:

Now, if we could just get an update on the situation

A good thing to keep in mind is that the main office is in California, so It's still really early (06:46 am) there. I'm sure they'll be working to fix it as soon as they possibly can, they probably don't like that the servers are down either.

• Like 1

Saw the above with "SOON". Had to laugh out loud on that one. Still smiling. That was back in the old days for me....

Unable to cennect ,check you internet connection. Its something hopefully they restart servers now 🙂

Sheesh imagine it was a wipe, That'd loose my interest entirely for this game. Especially the purchases i made.

Would obviously rub me in the wrong way.

Besides. So whats going on now? I wished there was more indepth detail on whats going on with the game.

As its still saying there's no connection. Yes, i read the dev messages. But those are days old now from making this message now.

Is it going to be available soon?

Thanks.

-Ryan.

Guess we aren't even worth an update anymore.

5 days into a 12-hour job. Are you guys contractors perchance?

Edited by Boundsoul
Added