Lixil

Extended Server Maintenance (Monday 4/29/2019)

all the people that have played must be a huge amount of data

i barely played due to my old hardware being terrible but did make it past the tutorial at 5 fps. i look forward to the now most likely 132 fps. 

keep up the good work. your doing great.

Maybe...they should strip out all the accounts that havent been used for years...back them up somewhere else.. to be added back in if the account holders ever come back..if that is even possible or would help.

Always did wonder if all those old unused accounts and data had any impact on the game...maybe they dont.

16 minutes ago, theemole said:

all the people that have played must be a huge amount of data

Damn the endless abyss I call storage .. this is probably my fault 😞

I dunno maybe stuck on loading all the stuff in my mailboxes.

Hope it doesnt get eaten..i have like 50 yellow ive been shuffling about in there too.

Dear server...i hereby declare you have my permission to eat all my mail..if that will help....love ayesha...xxxxxxx

i just hope they don't hurt ronalds account, we'll never hear the end of that

• Like 2

I am Tech by trade, by not an IT tech so I may sound dumb when I say this..... Perhaps it is literally loading the WHOLE database rather than prioritizing data correctly like a hybrid drive functions. Hybrid drives store more recent accessed data in the SSD and the least used data is stored on a larger Disk type hard drive.  I am not saying you guys use hybrid drives but I assume when using massive ammounts of data like that a certain ammount of prioritization of the data takes place.

Or maybe if some sort of prioritazation software is used on how the data is handled, it needs some time to re learn what data is important and throw the rest on the back burner?

:: Shrugs :: just throwing darts in the dark here

Hardware failures can drive ya nutz too because it worked 5 minutes ago.

My personal view is they missed out the sacrifice a goat or chicken and do the special dance step before they started.

Oh... and wore their lucky undies. 

i think their is a fairy godmother out there thats too cheap to share a little pixie dust

Edited by theemole
oops

I used to play this a year ago and came back recently. I never really knew how dedicated some people are to this game though. Considering around 20 people are on it per day maybe on average. 

I can not wait to play this game with you guys...well when/if it gets back online that is.

• Like 1

Transferring the software and databases onto newer hardware and stuff things like this should be expected and i am confident in the 

I.T. team and dev team working on the game and they should have it running in the next few hours or days. 

good morning yaall, at least i could rest a bit more than those who are still working on this. Cheer up guys, if the server doesn't priorityze then flush the old data away to other "vault" but you'll know better what to do. I'm as microegineering never had to deal with mainframes but only personal computers, is way out of my league, but can feel the disstress of non stop working and worrying... if we have to play with hard lag several days untill the fresh system adapts, so be it... seems this commutity can endure it.

Nothing like throwing darts in the dark, is easy for us but for those who see things from afar can even hit the target by chance...

Demanding the "sterile bussiness" payback thing... i, and i think we all, can understand the feeling, but i want to believe too, also i don't think that will resolve anything if we get to the nerves and flame the forum. In my case it hurt me that they broke their word, but their also are working hard, so if anything beaks it also can mend. So let's believe...

And for the prize when this is over... i see, first a mandatory rest the next week for all of the team, they need to regain their mental strenght for the rest of the journey. Drinks and such will only give them bad mournings 8), but as a secondary gift i could pack some botles of wine from here... i live in Spain and is one of the things here is decent

Well, that all from me atm. Im going to fight my onw withdrwal not with meth but other old games i got around, but always waiting for a "ding" from this forum, although is hard not to think in Sooney's crafts anytime. Hope next time it says it's on and we can play.

Cheers, S-

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sooney said:

*cut* Hope next time it says it's on and we can play.

Cheers, S-

I just wanted it to 'ding' and make you come to check,    Still not up though

New update would be nice  ,then we dont have to speculate . 🙂

Just now, Boundsoul said:

I just wanted it to 'ding' and make you come to check,    Still not up though

-CRIES- I DID TOO YOU MEANIE >;C #FEELSBADMAN

Just now, Malakyth said:

-CRIES- I DID TOO YOU MEANIE >;C #FEELSBADMAN

Lol, they got me too.

Ya boy just tryna get that dual pistol gunslinger action and people over here messing with us ._. not cool man not cool

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Technically, all the servers are working properly. All the databases are restored and up.

However, the system overall is unbearably slow. It takes hours to boot and load all the data.

Once it is up, the timeouts between servers make the system unstable and unplayable.

Thanks,
Matt 

HMMMmmmmmmmmmm.......   Gimme a few minutes, that sounds really familiar.

ayy im back glad to see there working on it dont give up guys we believe in you 

Well 4 hours since the last update? Should be another one coming soon, hopefully.