Lixil

Extended Server Maintenance (Monday 4/29/2019)

😧 my auctions! my wonderful auctions listings are expiring!  I demand compensation for listing fees.

Merged.

just kidding, who cares. do what you gotta do. everyone will wait. 

2 minutes ago, Skippicaa said:

It's been raining for 2 damn days.  Have all kinda things to do outside, that need to be done, but this ever loving rain won't stop.

1 minute ago, Boundsoul said:

It's been raining for 2 damn days.  Have all kinda things to do outside, that need to be done, but this ever loving rain won't stop.

April showers bring May flowers! :'D

1 hour ago, xsnx said:

😧 my auctions! my wonderful auctions listings are expiring!  I demand compensation for listing fees.

Merged.

just kidding, who cares. do what you gotta do. everyone will wait. 

*You have been compensated 5b 55w for your troubles*

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skippicaa said:

April showers bring May flowers! :'D

That's just this week..so far. Supposed to rain all week. For me, those 'May flowers' are just the weeds I call a yard which needs to be mowed, but I can't, can you guess why? I betcha can't, aww you won't get it, I'll just tell you. The damn rain. Guess I shouldn't complain, it could be worse.

27 minutes ago, purplepills3 said:

Anyone know anything at this point?

Whoever does isn't saying a word.

2 minutes ago, DwightPfeiffer said:

If the compensation is based on how long the game is offline we'll all be rich.

"How much suspicious cheese is physical server migration worth?"

Meh, i've been following diff games news and announcements, just projects im interested into, and one mmo a year or so ago, had an official *14 days* transfer period, before some new patch/addon release. And guess what. Shit happened, and they took 3 extra days at least in the end to fix that bs, if my memory serves me well.

This couple of days is still nothing compared to that, so who cares. Migration is a process, when same kind of bs always happens, and take 2-3 days of your life. Be grateful to Allfather, u r not the one to clean that crap)

I guess the lack of news isn't worrying i noticed? I guess i'll remain patient then. Like most say. Many people have a lot of things up on the market.

And hear there's going to be compensations? Or did i just read it wrong, If so. Thats my fault. 

Can't wait to hop back on i suppose, whenever that may be.

Can someone PLEASE give us some idea when game will be up and running

It's not about the money, time wasted, whats the recompensation, I hate the sun, I am depressed, It's raining out, I want my chips back and how much premium time will I get back. Chances are any company will always make that up to it's customers one way or another, at least company's who care and LO surely shows it even with they're limited staff.

The part that gets lost here I think is the not knowing, so folks are checking in over and over to see if it is back up.

To be fair LO has kinda given many responses and some insight to what they are dealing with. It's just that people like to hear, see and know new information even if it's the same information as to where LO may be with this process. Kind of how an anxious boss might be asking you how a new project is coming along and you provide your updated explanation. Naturally companies turtle up in times like these, and like to keep things confidential. Therefore no information surfaces and people check back to find the server down and no new information so the trolling and memes start lol.

If you notice once an official statement is made, people quiet down for a few hours, people like to know whats happening even if it's nothing new. I will say the more LO is willing to share on the process, the happier people will be. Even if it's embarassing that an engineer spilled coffee on one of the towers, but at least now I know it will be a couple days untill new parts get overnighted etc etc etc.

As for me I was on vacation this week and was looking forward to make FE "some" of that down time, no biggie Sh*t happen but where are we on the process, what's getting stuck I think is what people want to know.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Pelltuk said:

They said no estimate at this time. They got a hard job to do, no doubt. And they are doing it for us. Give 'em some slack and sit tight. 🙂

3 minutes ago, DwightPfeiffer said:

We're gonna be rich !!!

It's gonna be 2 insta-crafts

• Like 1

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of updates.

The team is working as fast as they can. We had to send one engineer to bed after nearly 3 days of mostly being awake.

At this point it's a waiting game. We feel we have the problem identified, which is a routing issue inside the new data center that affects all of the servers.

We're currently going box to box to fix the issue, and then we'll spin up the game.

Apologies,
Matt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Boundsoul said:

It's gonna be 2 insta-crafts

I sure hope not.

I'd rather have Reward Points or yellow chips.

Thanks for the update Matt. Its appreciated.

41 minutes ago, Pelltuk said:

Well, here goes. The game will be up a running when its up and running, and not until.

Been checking in on this situation since the downtime was initiated. Let's hope it turns out ok. Part of me is fearful that we'll get an update telling us Fallen Earth died on the operating table. Gotta hang there!

You are so much a kinder person than I am. I have a 25 dollar bet  that the "extended Maintenance" would cause the old copy of the game to break. And that LO would use this to forcibly close FE down and apologize for it. Blah blah blah. I bet 25 dollars on this. SO lets see if I am right.  But I rather hope not.

Edited by Mutarenebula