Lixil

Extended Server Maintenance (Monday 4/29/2019)

Still unable to connect. I don't use steam, just PC version.

5 minutes ago, Grelko said:

Still unable to connect. I don't use steam, just PC version.

Can I have screenshot? Just send it to me in DM please.

4 minutes ago, Lixil said:

Can I have screenshot? Just send it to me in DM please.

Sent

APB game is up and running. If anyone has issues please send me a DM.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

No decrease or increase in performance?  So this isn't the transfer to Unreal Engine 3.5?  I'm getting tired of blurry, messed up graphics 50% of the time on PS4.  I'd like to see an improvement after such a long maintenance..... and now a year after LO purchased the game.....

3 hours ago, ittibitium said:

You guys are already on 3.5, the Engine Upgrade is referred to PC

3 hours ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

If we're on 3.5 why are there graphics issues since Halloween Event 2017, thanks to Gamersfirst... AND why is LO disinterested in fixing the graphics issues?

3 hours ago, ittibitium said:

idk, I don’t play on consoles nor do I know about the bugs/issues you guys are encountering. All i know is you guys are on 3.5 since launch 

Consoles performance is also being worked on afaik.

They are running 3.5, but its obviously not good enough yet.

4 hours ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

If we're on 3.5 why are there graphics issues since Halloween Event 2017, thanks to Gamersfirst... AND why is LO disinterested in fixing the graphics issues?

The 3.5 you guys are playing on is so bad because the previous G1 team decided to rush it out before it was anywhere near complete.  The reason LO hasn't fixed it yet is because they are trying to get the PC version also upgraded to 3.5 so both console and PC are running on the same code base.  This has been their top priority since they took over and they're nearing completion.  They've also been working on back-end issues with the console versions along side the PC upgrade.  I recommend reading Matt's blog posts.  The last part of this post is about the console versions:  https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/4/18/april-update-from-matt

They aren't uninterested in fixing the graphics issue, they've just had more important things to work on.  Them only being at this point after a year of owning the game with an actual competent team behind it should be an indicator of how much of a mess APB really is on the back end.

Edited by BrandonBranderson
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

okay I cant load now why? it just keep me in "contacting world server" after I choose my character  whats happening?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OnlyOnePro said:

okay I cant load now why? it just keep me in "contacting world server" after I choose my character  whats happening?

Yea same.. I guess no APB for today then too.

4 minutes ago, OnlyOnePro said:

it just keep me in "contacting world server" 

+

• Like 1

I have the same issue here, stuck on Contacting World Server

On 4/29/2019 at 8:16 PM, introlapse said:

I guess this is due to the transfer of Nekrova to Citadel. When Nekrova was created, the game was also unavailable all day. 

LO will not say this, so that there is no hatred for Russians.

russians are hatred so or so lol 

btw are they online already? its contacting world server forever. cant connect...

they were up for a good 7-8 hours and all of a sudden the servers just offed themselves like one of the GM's spilled coffee over one of the wires

1 minute ago, Almkun said:

they were up for a good 7-8 hours and all of a sudden the servers just offed themselves like one of the GM's spilled coffee over one of the wires

ha ha ha u think ure funny?

2 minutes ago, Almkun said:

i swear, i did not spill any coffee 😮

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Saphiira said:

ha ha ha u think ure funny?

its funny tho

my game crashes when im ingame and want to enter ARMAS gg ;D

6 minutes ago, BeastInTheBeauty said:

Working now. :classic_happy:

alright. thx for the info

Merged.

6 minutes ago, OnlyOnePro said:

its funny tho

yea.......totally.......................u hear me laughing? no? me neither

6 minutes ago, ComFeyer said:

i swear, i did not spill any coffee 😮

Maybe another form of liquid... daily beer at work got knocked off the desk?

1 minute ago, Sergsininia said:

Maybe another form of liquid... daily beer at work got knocked off the desk?

no, and none of us tripped over any cables, before you ask. anyway, it seems to be fixed now

12 hours ago, ittibitium said:

idk, I don’t play on consoles nor do I know about the bugs/issues you guys are encountering. All i know is you guys are on 3.5 since launch 

I've read Matt's posts multiple times.  He states that the PS4 has to be brought up to 3.5 as one of the update goals, so that tells me ps4 version is not yet on 3.5.  Gamersfirst certainly did not have it running on 3.5.  I wish someone directly from Little Orbit would reply to my comments and maybe tell me what's being done about all of ps4's issues.

34 minutes ago, (PS4)grunge76 said:

I've read Matt's posts multiple times.  He states that the PS4 has to be brought up to 3.5 as one of the update goals, so that tells me ps4 version is not yet on 3.5.  Gamersfirst certainly did not have it running on 3.5.  I wish someone directly from Little Orbit would reply to my comments and maybe tell me what's being done about all of ps4's issues.

even going back to the 2018 recap blog post mattscott is talking about updating console 3.5 builds, not updating consoles to 3.5

consoles have been on 3.5 since their release, the community has long assumed that g1 made a bad deal that resulted in another studio botching the engine upgrade release