MattScott

RIOT Stress Test 4/24 Feedback Thread

DISCLAIMER: These are some points I consider important and are not related to the survey Matt gave to the members of SPCT team.

This is what I have noticed during this short test: 

1. Weird Camera when the player is dead
  2. There is no menu for the items you can buy
  3. We'll need a better mini-map to provide us with information about the "dead zones" and the safe zones
  4. Kicked due to inactivity (while dead and active)
  5. New loading screen stresses the game and lags
  6. The new contact cannot be found in the Contacts Menu (the one you open with J)
  7. I believe that there should be better tutorials regarding this game mode.

1. Weird Camera

While I was dead and spectating another player I could notice that my camera was reacting to the players aiming. This seemed odd because I was looking somewhere else, so the angle was not quite right.

2. Menu for items you can buy

I'd rather enjoy a menu to buy unlockable weapons or one extra life rather than a pop-up that cannot be accessed at any time.

3. Better mini-map, more information

In my first game I didn't even notice when the square I was in turned into a toxic zone. I believe that games like PUBG or H1Z1 provide the player with a better mini-map, which offers information about the zone, time and everything that is needed.

4. Kicked due to inactivity

While I was spectating someone I have gotten 4 warning messages due to inactivity and then I got kicked. I was indeed active, pressing Up, Down, V, and any button on the keyboard. So you will need to address this.

5. New loading screen

While I appreciate the new loading screen, also thematic for the game-mode I have seen some lag on it. My PC is decent and I run the game at max settings at 60FPS, so it was a game issue. I believe you should find an alternative, such as images rather than a GIF or a Video for the current game engine.

6. New contact

I know this contact is meant only for this particular game-mode, but I believe players should be able to access it at any time for more information, daily missions or other rewards.

7. Learning the Riot Mode

I have seen that you've implemented a new section in the Tutorial Menu. Although, that is a bit hard to access, it is a great source of information. But you should take into consideration making a video explaining how this game-mode works or how players should approach it, specially those new ones.

Overall the Riot Mode seemed pretty fun, it's something else from the main game and missions and I bet you'll have fun with some friends and even playing alone it seemed to be enjoyable.

Edited by VladIasi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like the structures. I like the voip. Wish there was a vehicle, a motorcycle will do. Needs some music to start off the game, pump in the adrenaline. Also something cinematic for a victory. 

• Like 3

How does RIOT compare to other APB game modes?

This is very different than a normal APB mission, or fight club. The district feels very empty, and eerie since there is a lack of ambient noise. Maybe if there were more players allowed it would have that typical chaotic "APB feel"

Would you encourage your friends to play RIOT?

APB is free to play and I always encourage people to try it out for that reason. RIOT is one of those modes that should draw in even a newer crowd that like the Battle Royale flavor...

How would you explain RIOT to someone who has never seen it?

It's a unique APB-styled BR mode with 4-person squads. Money is used to spec your loadout and give you an extra respawn. Players can control which areas of the map are blocked off. 

What ONE THING would you change about RIOT if you could?

Make the rounds shorter... at the moment it takes a bit too long in my opinion. 

What is your favorite aspect of RIOT?

Teamplay matters. 

What about RIOT do you like the least?

The map feels like a ghost town with no ambient noise.

Additional suggestion:

Give players an easier way to add each other to friends list- I may have missed it but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to add people to your friend list who you grouped with randomly (other than the clunky chat command). 

Also, players should be educated on how to mute your teammates if you need to.  New players may be subjected to loud mics or abusive teammates, and not know how to mute them. Overall, new players may have a hard time knowing how to play this game mode if they haven't played APB before..... I guess there's the tutorial but we all know how good that is at the moment.

Suffers from the same issue as action districts, pre-made groups will reign supreme but that's to be expected. 

In the current state of APB, no, post engine upgrade once we have a steady rotation of content for RIOT? Maybe.

APB:BR except its zones that can be player influenced rather than a circle, limit respawns and a cash system that is used mid-match to purchase lives & weapons.

The spawns, after you die once, you're pretty much screwed since you spawn within 100 meters of the team that you just died to it seems.

New content & lore, something fresh to try out.

Most deaths felt cheap, groups finding spots to camp and becoming impossible to uproot, but that's BR for you I suppose. With no clotting agent or mods, nades became even more powerful during this event it feels.

• Like 1

This is a tough one; the thing I'm worried about is replayability; and if it's just going to be seen like all the seasonal events where it's a chore to grind it for the rewards

Only people who have already played Apb; encourage them to come back since there's more things to do now... but people who haven't played? I can't see how another BR put in an aging game would be something that I could sell to people who don't play Apb/even know of it's existance

'It's like team-based BR but like... different... maybe... a lil...'

I don't know what I would change because I'm not going to pretend to be a expert on gamemodes or 'fun' so I'll just say a minor gripe I have, the death cams should be improved upon, with the rather fast movements of Apb, the spectatorcam feels like it should be defaultly further away from the character. Also I'd like there to be stationary surveillance cameras around the map you could scroll through, and find where the action is and watch from afar, that'd be really neat imo

The different flow from missions; when you're in missions there's always a timer, a certain thing you're supposed to do a certain way, in this you can go about this in whatever way you want. Also less carplay which I like

I'm no expert on BRs, I've literally played Fartnote like... 3 times; but this feels too straight BR, not enough unique. I don't like BRs, more accurately I don't like elimination, here's the scenario that seemed to happen every round in the testing; I wasn't careful first life 'oh well at least I have another life... gotta be more carefu-' dead because someone with a good gun was 50m from my spawn and I only had the meme of a gun that I might as well hurl at them as a distraction. Now I'm dead, nothing to do. Not only did I, 1. die too soon to have any fun 2. let my team down 3. now have nothing to do other than watch someone else play

I just, I dunno

Edited by Acornie

1 minute ago, Nanometic said:

Suffers from the same issue as action districts, pre-made groups will reign supreme but that's to be expected. 

I might add that with RIOT, a premade group is at an extreme advantage, more so than in regular districts.

If the mode was limited to duo teams, it wouldn't be as noticeable. But a 4 man premade team will stomp a team of 4 randoms at all times.

• Like 6

Just now, GhosT said:

I might add that with RIOT, a premade group is at an extreme advantage, more so than in regular districts.

If the mode was limited to duo teams, it wouldn't be as noticeable. But a 4 man premade team will stomp a team of 4 randoms at all times.

200% agreed.

• Like 2

-How does RIOT compare to other APB game modes?

Gameplay is very much a unique experience as while guns spawning around the map randomly, having health, ammo and hazmat suits spawn in is certainly new. With areas of the map being cut off, it was clear quickly that familiarisation and creativity was needed to get around and make the most of any and all opportunities possible.

At first I wasn't sure how to go about playing this game but when consideration of the money and lives being share in the team, it opens the door for teams to allocate roles or go for different tactics and strategies.

This is very much a competitive and strategic gamemode... If you think you can get into RIOT and learn how to play APB then you may wish to reconsider which end of the pool to learn to swim in as this reflects APB in a certain light but it's not a true full reflection of the other game mode experiences, rather more of a partial reflection.

While there are little to no cars, this encourages interaction with climbing fences and kicking through doors to navigate the map. The play style with a more complex than normal map layout undermines the notion that this could be a good way to gain first time experience (unless you're the kind of person that just like to dive in to the thick of things and learn the hard way).

The flip side of the coin is the battle royal elements of collecting item needed to survive should be familiar for many, the gathering of codes and capturing a zone is a nice twist that shouldn't be too hard of a concept to get to grips with.

-Would you encourage your friends to play RIOT?

Truthfully I cannot in good faith give a verdict of recommendation at this time as I only got to play 2 rounds.

With variables in the RIOT open for alteration, again it would be a little unfair of me to say "no I don't recommend this", but it's too soon to say for certain that I would encourage others to play.

-How would you explain RIOT to someone who has never seen it?

APB's new team death match battle royale. With a intricate dynamic version of the Financial map, RIOT is a strategic multi team challenge to take control of the city rather than the typical last man standing with a chicken dinner.

Also extra personal touches can be brought in with full character customisation carried over from the main game; your guns, mods and outfit can be brought into RIOT so that signature look and favourite load out can be unlocked and enabling to play in the style that best suits you and makes you feel confident.

-What ONE THING would you change about RIOT if you could?

Add indicator hud for the last few capture sites/codes, and a ping tool to indicate to team mates to draw attention to threats or intentions.

-What is your favorite aspect of RIOT?

The fact the options to unlock your own guns and vehicle to use in RIOT rather than randomly generated guns and car spawns, it enable more options and opportunities and while some may feel it'll be abused...

It's APB, and we've fought these guns and cars before in other game modes.

-What about RIOT do you like the least?

Spectator's District chats are not invisible to active players. It quickly became clear that due to the bug of unable to leave the game, players spectating were quick to express displeasure towards active players in how they were playing... or being alive at all in game!

I would suggest that active players could still talk in local, district, faction, group, clan, private and team chats but spectator's district chat would be hidden so only spectators could see that. Yes this could be circumnavigated with other chats, but that is at individual's digression and volition and there's not really a need for it to be against to rules.

Different teams were helping each other out in trying to find the last few unclaimed sites and codes, district chat could be used in a way that is unhelpful due to multiple teams. This wouldn't happen in other game modes as there are only 2 sides, 2 factions, 2 teams unless there is a special holiday one off event with 3 teams.

Edited by VickyFox
Correction in regards of vehicles.

16 minutes ago, Emcitement said:

-

There is no incentive to fight other players early in the game making it extremly boring for the first 5-10 minutes of the game. You don't want to die as one of the first teams due to not being able to "re-queue" into another game which leads players into camping and playing passvie to win the long game. Also if you are playing with friends and you die in early minutes of the game you have no way of being revived, making you have to spend 20-30 minutes looking at a buggy spectator camera.

-How does RIOT compare to other APB game modes?

A: It has similar player grouping and bomb arming to normal missions, feels like open conflict for small teams. 

-Would you encourage your friends to play RIOT?

A: I wish I could encourage my friends to play RIOT, but it is not as good as I thought it would be. Many things are missing, and I don't think so they gonna like it.

-How would you explain RIOT to someone who has never seen it?

A: I would tell them, this mode is similar to Battle Royal but with toxic gas everywhere and extra lives. A little bit like Apex Legends.

-What ONE THING would you change about RIOT if you could?

A: Spectating! change how you spectate a player, from their point of view, which player to spectate. Press a button to change the viewpoint style.

-What is your favorite aspect of RIOT?

A: Having extra lives and arming bombs.

-What about RIOT do you like the least?

The spawns are annoying sometimes, you don't have a chance to move when you are in the wrong place wrong time.

-Other stuff

And, what makes Riot boring is the lack of UI, sounds, voice and music. It just feels empty and home-made.

When I get killed, I instantly spectate a random player as If something went wrong.

I wish everytime someone arms a bomb, some in-game voice plays, telling everyone about it. Winning should trigger for ex, You are the WINNNER! or anything. make it exciting.

Add music, during the warmup add some relaxing music and when the battle begins. Add some combat styled music. even at the end, add music. Of course, add an option to disable music for those who listen to background music. 🙂

Now, the UI. Every few minutes the game asks the player to purchase, guns, lives etc. The UI isn't really helping. It is really like you are not ready? Please, give us fresh content. 

Ambient level sounds? I think something is missing. If it is, add a special RIOT ambient sounds. You hear police sirens coming from somewhere, people screaming, rocks hitting the ground stuff like that.

++ Disable Manual Grouping! no advantages! or make special districts for premade groups.

MAKE IT EXCITING! 

Edited by Snakeyio

Overall i like it. but....

- I'm missing the ambient sounds. Feels so empty.

- Spectating mode is a little boring. I would like to be able to do something else instead. Also when someone killed me couldn't see their name.

- Sometimes i can't see the enemy's name even when they are standing in front of me, but sometimes i see their name popping out at corners or behind vehicles.

- Friendly fire, not funny when you randomly get killed by your teammate then you have to spectate for 10 minutes. Maybe this only happened with me, i don't know.

- Little annoying to lose everything when you die.

Sadly i only made it to the last 2 rounds, so couldn't play long.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, HardStyler3 said:

the ability to get your own loadout and cars is really really bad 

Personal loadout is definitely an issue, but you mentioning cars is a good point.

We haven't really experienced personal vehicles yet, because spawning them was broken.

Now imagine we could spawn cars and you run into a pioneer with 4 ntecs inside.

• Like 3

Since I've seen it come up a lot I feel like it's worth mentioning that unlike other APB modes, it's not the intention to stay in the server after your team died. The general idea is that after you get eliminated, you leave the district for another RIOT district.

Naturally it is hard to say how that will work out, but that was the intended method.

4 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Since I've seen it come up a lot I feel like it's worth mentioning that unlike other APB modes, it's not the intention to stay in the server after your team died. The general idea is that after you get eliminated, you leave the district for another RIOT district.

Naturally it is hard to say how that will work out, but that was the intended method.

Except that this doesn't work, and staying in your district is probably the better choice.

For citadel, we'll most likely get a couple full districts, which is, let's say, 5 RIOT matches running.

Not only do you have to be lucky enough to get a free spot in another district, you also have to be lucky enough to join a district just when their mission is about to restart.

Now do that with a friend, or even worse, three friends. We all know the pain of joining a full district.

You can't just go back to the lobby and instantly start playing again.

Even with district phasing, it wouldn't work, simply because the playerbase isn't there to constantly populate a new match.

Just now, GhosT said:

Except that this doesn't work, and staying in your district is probably the better choice.

For citadel, we'll most likely get a couple full districts, which is, let's say, 5 RIOT matches running.

Not only do you have to be lucky enough to get a free spot in another district, you also have to be lucky enough to join a district just when their mission is about to restart.

Now do that with a friend, or even worse, three friends. We all know the pain of joining a full district.

You can't just go back to the lobby and instantly start playing again.

Even with district phasing, it wouldn't work, simply because the playerbase isn't there to constantly populate a new match.

I am aware of this, which is why I added the last sentence. It needs to be tested and then adjusted if needed. I personally can see it working. Not as smoothly and nicely as other games, but working nonetheless. Only one way to find out in the end though.

1 minute ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

I am aware of this, which is why I added the last sentence. It needs to be tested and then adjusted if needed. I personally can see it working. Not as smoothly and nicely as other games, but working nonetheless. Only one way to find out in the end though.

Yeah, I can't really see it work out.

We're going to have to wait till the match is over, or join a different district and wait till their match is over.

Neither can I see how this could be adjusted without fundamentally changing the game mode, which would be removing the battle royale aspect with limited lifes.

1 minute ago, GhosT said:

Yeah, I can't really see it work out.

We're going to have to wait till the match is over, or join a different district and wait till their match is over.

Neither can I see how this could be adjusted without fundamentally changing the game mode, which would be removing the battle royale aspect with limited lifes.

The idea is that there is always an open RIOT district. It fills up with the players that die in the in-progress RIOTs. after a certain threshold is reached, the 2-minute countdown starts. after a second, higher threshold is reached, the count down is reduced. That was my understanding of the plan and it works on paper.

Changes that could be made to make district hopping not be needed would be to dramatically speed the mode up. smaller area, more codes, faster self-activation of devices.

2 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

The idea is that there is always an open RIOT district. It fills up with the players that die in the in-progress RIOTs. after a certain threshold is reached, the 2-minute countdown starts. after a second, higher threshold is reached, the count down is reduced. That was my understanding of the plan and it works on paper.

Changes that could be made to make district hopping not be needed would be to dramatically speed the mode up. smaller area, more codes, faster self-activation of devices.

That does indeed work on paper.

But then again there's code to be made to get automated district phasing, and then there's the population problem so it'll still take quite a while to fill a whole new district, especially on jericho.

But your idea is the least they should do if they want RIOT to succeed.

Edited by GhosT

I sincerely apologise for the wall of text, but it is a feedback thread after all...

Here are my thoughts on RIOT after the first stress test on the NA OTW servers.

1. General Thoughts:

• The transfer from one match to another needs to be easier. I saw a GM say that this will function better on the live servers so we will see how that is handled.
  • I think car wrecks should not be completely static and unmoveable. I don't know if this is due to game/server limitations that they are but they should be moveable when pushed by other vehicles.

2. Spawns:

• The very first match I played, my team and another team spawned together at the exact same location and everyone was extremely confused to what was going on. Originally I thought that might be intended but every match after that proved that it isn't so that needs to be resolved in live.
  • Respawning after you've died has proven to be pretty terrible in many situations where you die and you spawn ~50m away from the team that just killed you, often in line of sight which, with a Colby SNR and no cover will most definitely result in an instant, second (permanent) death, giving you no chance to help your remaining team mates or vice versa. That needs to be resolved because respawning will be pointless in a lot of scenarios.

3. Weapons:

• I am not entirely sure how I feel about starting with the Colby SNR. I think an FBW with like 1-2 extra magazines will be better.
  • I think there should be more weapon pickups around the map and also I believe that mods should not be randomized like they are currently. In most BR games, weapon mods/attachments are usually not included on any weapons found on the ground aside from some legendaries (or whatever they are called) in APEX Legends for example. Either have someone assign the "right" mods (aka live game meta) on every weapon pickup so it's the same for everyone or make a system where you can pickup mods to put on your guns that come with 3 open slots (the latter might be too complicated for now.)
  • I noticed that everytime I spawned/respawned I was carrying whatever grenades I had equipped on the character while waiting for the game mode to start and I think this is unacceptable and it needs to be removed as a "feature", if it is even intended to be one. Either remove grenades entirely from the game mode or add them as pickups on the ground (and/or purchaseable). The biggest reason this is an issue is because players do not have access to Clotting Agent or any other type of healing mods/items so this can be very abuseable especially considering that Low-Yield Fragmentation Grenades exist in APB (and in Riot it seems.)
  • I think that weapons picked up off the ground should be droppable to team mates at any time otherwise they are stuck with a useless SNR pistol. Make a limit to how many times you can drop them perhaps.
  • I also am not sure that you should only receive a portion of your ammo when you opt in to purchase your own primary with money? Questionable decision if it's not a bug.
  • And let's also be honest, just because a weapon in APB is a "Legendary" is far from making it a "Legendary" in a BR mode. A lot of those weapons are straight garbage at the current state of the weapon balancing. I believe this needs to be re-adjusted.

4. The Spectator Mode:

(Disclaimer: I am aware that some of these might be heavily limited by the current engine APB is running on but I think they should be considered for the future as this game needs a lot of new players who must be attracted by a decent looking game.)

• First off, I got kicked FOR INACTIVITY as a spectator with nothing I could do to prevent it but watch the red messages come at me telling me that I am about to get kicked. lol
  • There is a bug when you are spectating a player who gets disconnected from the server and the camera simply stays there staring at their last location and you cannot do anything with it until the match is over it seems. That definitely needs to be resolved.
  • It needs to show you information about the player you are spectating (name, team members names list, full loadout including consumables).
  • Add the option to switch between players you are spectating.
  • I believe the camera should be locked to wherever the player is actually looking and not give the spectator the option to look around them because players will cheat and help their team mates by watching their backs and giving them information.
  • The chatbox disappears even when new messages are written by others and will not re-appear until you open it with Enter or Home which is annoying. Make it function as it should.
  • I believe things like the minimap/radar, ammo counter and most of the normal UI should also be present at all times, showing data for the player you are currently spectating.

5. Match end screen:

• There has to be a match end screen for every player in the district. One that must show the top 3 team matchups or at least the winning team/player. The way it is currently, there is no way to see who won the match. Not even from the scoreboard which is useless for anything other than seeing who is in the match.
  • Me and my team won a match and the winner screen seems to be buggy, not showing correct kills count and for some reason it says "NEXT TIME" which leads me to believe that what we saw as winners is actually the loser screen and the winner screen made no appearance anywhere. Meanwhile if you lose, you see nothing at all. It just gives you the district spawn screen and that's the end of it. That needs to be fixed.

6. UI/HUD:

• The Hazmat consumable icon can be a bit buggy sometimes as it either disappears entirely and only shows the small number/count of how many you have or it would outright not show the Hazmat Suit icon at all and show whatever consumable you had equipped before the beginning of the match even though you can't use it obviously.
  • The icon for "Cash Earned" combat messages needs to be changed to a better one with a transparent background instead of black.
  • Maybe remove the RIOT logo in the top center of the screen? I think we need to drop the trend of those in every event/minigame/game mode in APB that isn't fight club and normal missions. The UI in general needs to be changed drastically in APB and this would be a good first step. It's too cluttered already, no one needs to see that logo mid-game.

7. Achievements:

• The achievements seem to be buggy as it awards you double points than what you've really done for the matches played and matches won.
  • The wins achievement is progressed even when you lose (and I believe it rewards you double but I am not 100% on this.)
  • The matches played achievement seems to reward you double the points (so 1 match finished = 2 points added to the achievement progress.)

Now for the survey:

Q: How does RIOT compare to other APB game modes?

A: After a lot of tweaking and after Unreal 3.5 arrives, it might just become a real APB game mode.

Q: Would you encourage your friends to play RIOT?

A: I would encourage them to try it at the very least, yes.

Q: How would you explain RIOT to someone who has never seen it?

A: A shot at a Battle Royale mode with a twist within APB's combat mechanics.

Q: What is ONE THING would you change about RIOT if you could?

A: The spawn system most likely.

Q: What is your favorite aspect of RIOT?

A: No car gameplay (at least from what we've seen so far.)

Q: What about RIOT do you like the least?

A: The fact that it's a BR mode and BR does not fit into APB at all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

write smoothly , beautifully . the question on how this will be attractive to new players who will undoubtedly face with gold poslednih ranks . the mode is designed for new players . in reality, it will be quite the opposite .

Merged.

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

2 hours ago, Nanometic said:

200% agreed.

I'll keep sucking .  has something changed ?

Edited by Yood

Bugs I noticed:  (did not recreate these as I did not have enough time)

• Purchasing secondary weapon auto-equips it and a picked up primary weapon is deleted occasionally as a result. Expected result: picked up primary weapon drops at your feet.
  • Hazmat suit icon was inconsistent- sometimes appearing, sometimes disappearing after consuming one of my stock of suits. Expected result: Hazmat suit icon stays on the screen after consuming.
  • VOIP seems to have more trouble with the codec, many times my teammates sounded like their connection was lagging out (robot effect)
  • My first match I didn't understand how the lives system would work, but I think my teammate earned more money and then my money went over $1000 and the game popped up a dialog asking if I wanted to purchase another life. I pressed Y and no effect- then after the timeout the popup happened a second time. 

Suggestions:

• A more cohesive way to spend money - a global key you can press or a radial menu that you can purchase your loadout, extra lives, and I don't see why you couldn't purchase a haz mat suit too.... if you have zero in your inventory that is (and for a high price like $500). The current popup system feels weird, and clunky. 
  • Should definitely limit players from jumping into the RIOT districts until the tutorial is completed. Otherwise, you will be hammered with complaints of players not spawning with grenades equipped (I'm assuming RIOT won't automatically do that for them, nor should it).
  • I have seen this mentioned before and I will echo this sentiment:  some audio for the start and end of the match would be nice.... Something about the start and end of match just feels unfinished and empty.  In a mission, you would see the scoreboard and hear the death theme of the player with the most points. In this mode, perhaps a small cinematic of the truck pulling away and an aerial camera shot of the entire map devoid of all players. (see L4D2 cinematics as source material) >>>> https://youtu.be/e_TLyagUE3E
Edited by orangesherbet

OTW Stress Test Personal Feedback

Hey!

What's up guys, how are you? I hope everything is fine.

Today, im here to share my Own Personal Feedback about RIOT, after played all of the time avaiable given by Little Orbit on the Open Test World, NA.

I wanted to remind that i played with a minimum of 150ms and maximum of 320/330ms, because i am European, but i've enjoyed it so much.

Just, i won't ruin the fun for you so, here is the beginning.

-

I will answer firstly to questions made by MattScott and then some suggestions followed by some bugs and strange things found.

1. How does RIOT compare to other APB game modes?

Answer: RIOT is unique, finally something fresh and new in the world of APB, related too with the story of many contacts involved.

2. Would you encourage your friends to play RIOT?

Answer: Yes, but they will not be obligated to go ahead, i would suggest firstly to try it out and then if they like it.. you know.. make a team and go to shutdown some others.

3. How would you explain RIOT to someone who has never seen it?

Answer: Battle Royale with a bit of twist, extra lives, with some other exciting features like arming bombs, make the district to become more small, can choose your favorite loadout before jump into the field and be a badass guy, maybe too with your team.

4. What ONE THING would you change about RIOT if you could?

Answer: UI is 99% missing, seems like you playing "realistic style", like when you turn off everything just for fun on other games or take screenshots.

5. What is your favorite aspect of RIOT?

Answer: Like i said before RIOT is unique and special but my favorite aspect of it is that lore version of BR is different from others, and i do liked that alot, really, i swear, this wasn't totally expected by me before playing it.

6. What about RIOT do you like the least?

Answer: The thing you can't quit but need to wait the end of a match, i would prefer like in other games where if you die, you can spectate or exit from the district and choose the next one to go into.

-

Suggestions i would like to see added/removed or adjusted

- Unique, different and futuristic UI / HUD elements, including TAB, statistics and everything related it;

- Way more ambient sounds like strange music in the background;

- More vehicles to can pick up but maybe with less health on them, alredy damaged or with missing doors/hood/trunk;

- Can switch between players when in Spectator Mode;

- Adjust and limit some custom vehicles and weapons to avoid major problems and spams of same items;

- Replay Feature like other games where you can use Free Camera on it and spot from where you get shot;

- Rendering distance to low for ambient objects added with RIOT;

- Better spawn locations, isn't possible to spawn behind an enemy and get killed after few seconds without even the possibility of revenge;

- Final Stage to way long;

- When in Spectator Mode make that when you looking at someone you will not able to see exactly how he/she is aiming, because is annoying to see the zoom too while you are dead;

- Increase the amount of guns/money can be found on the field;

- Queue System ( i think this will be integrated with the Engine Upgrade or after that), but still.. im just being honest and smart;

- Be able to customize how show the chat and other HUD elements;

- Make a start lobby when waiting for players instead of having the full district alredy loaded in;

- Can find granades like other items, but less;

- Changing the starter pistol with FBW;

- When died, allow the player to can exit, go to the next round, respawn or get into an elevated zone from where checking the entire match, without disturb alive players;

- Increase the price for buy weapons and vehicles, i prefer to climb, search and find things on the field instead of using mine, if i would use mine i don't need RIOT as complete different mode and then use my stuff, no fun;

- Warning messagges  on screen with blips/little sounds when zones get activated and dangerous;

- Better tutorial, abit confusing;

- Be able to Pledge with RIOT Contacts via J Menu like you do with others, maybe adding a new category called "RIOT" or something like that;

- Prevent griefing by applying the damage the gun of the grifer should hit you but in reality when the bullet hit you the damage will be given to him/her;

- Possibility to lose a stash of money during the death, just because you haven't a true bank account with you while running and shooting around;

- Destroyed cars should be moveable;

- Can drop off weapons or lives + suits and other items related the mode;

- End Screen/Scene of the match like in other games showing the character/s maybe running away with the truck from San Paro;

- More places to cover/climb, pass through/under or above;

- Popup System feels like you are in a normal mission, would suggest to rework it;

Probably more will follow on my next feedbacks i will going to share after the open tests on Friday.

Bugs / Strange things

- Sometimes when in Spectator Mode contaminated areas aren't reallt there;

- Garage doors and other parts become green when in Safe Area;

- System Event Messagges spam into the chat;

- Kicked for inactivity while in Spectator Mode;

- Drops aren't always fully visible, hidden under physical objects like unmoveable boxes etc;

- Primary gun automatically disappear after buying/unlocking the secondary.

At the end i wanted to say thank you Little Orbit for this opportunity and again good luck for the future, i can't wait to see more from you.

Always ready to engage. 😉

PS I am sure this mode will become something really interesting by the right time, obviously hard work is still needed but i trust in these guys, more than never before i had with others.

\ RIOT | SECURING THE FUTURE /

Edited by Guest

Hi all,

I have updated my original post to show the active list of bugs that we know about.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

RIOT offers a blend of Fight Club style death matches with the scale and scope of Anarchy/Mission Districts. It sort of embodies what surviving in a war torn city like San Paro would feel like. No block is safe and your crew needs to be ready to fight tooth and nail to keep you alive.

With a lot of improvements, I could see myself asking friends to try it with me, however it would have to contend with a lot of top notch BR's before I suggested it.

Battle Royale meets GTA.

If we are talking mechanics, a queue system is pretty much an absolute must right now. No one will give this game the time of day if they have to spam "Join" like we already do for Mission Districts.

If we are talking basic game play, give everyone 1 extra life at the start to keep it interesting, and make the Legendary Drops offer any combination of Weapons, RIOT Specific Character Mods, Grenades or 1 extra life to be given to whoever claims the drop. Maybe make the drops APB themed (capture points, break ins, hacks, vans to force open, etc.). This way Legendary Drops become highly sought after, the extra life system isn't abused and the game play can have levels to it. RIOT appropriate Mods would be sick.

Literally any and every new object in the map. Seeing Financial set up in this way makes the game too damn cool to play. If anything, I would say add more barricades, towers and outposts to the hot spots located in the middle of the map. The intersection just north of Double B is a great example of a location that needs more cover. It felt too empty. Make it more like the entrances to Dark Zones in the Division, or Baylan FC, more crates and stuff to use as cover and terrain to traverse. Oh, and maybe make some of the barricades that line the roads vault-able. Maybe just add some existing fences between every ten or fifteen barricades so that we don't have to run all the way around them.

I absolutely hate that there are spawned drops which offer Primaries, Secondaries, and Extra Lives, AND pop ups to buy them which appears almost randomly unless you just pocketed enough money for something. Either get rid of the popups and either create an accessible buy menu that we can toggle, OR make those drops the only way to buy that stuff. You could move some Joker Ammo Vending Machines around and use those as kiosks for purchasing your upgrades. I don't like that there are two ways to acquire the upgrades, and neither feel reliable.

I really feel like this could be a decent BR, especially because of how much customization would play a role in player branding. At the same time, I would really hate for RIOT to be a BR. If anything, I want it to at least be an innovation to the genre, not a trend chaser. So please put your best thinking caps on and really consider where to go with this, because this might just make or break the future of APB. This game has been loved and ridiculed into the dirt. I would hate for this to really drive it further down because it lacked innovation.