Optimus_Crime

MG42 as a SHAW reskin

Seems fitting since we already have another German classic that is the MP40(Obeya CAP40) and the Luger pistol(OSCP 'Kommandant') in-game and although they're not reskins, they definitely hark back from around the same era. I don't think SHAW has an actual reskin however and the AMG-556 is on a whole different league of it's own, whereas ALIG has the CASE so I feel like this could fill in the spot quite nicely.

Edit: here are the names I propose along with a couple pics, preferrably with open 3 slots should this become a thing. GPMG stands for General-Purpose Machine Gun. 

Obeya GPMG 'Buzzsaw' 

Bundesarchiv-Bild-146-1983-109-14-A-Fran

42cra-051971.jpg

Obeya GPMG 'Krieger' 

mg34-30.jpgMG34.jpg

Edited by K3ith
  • Like 1

I would love to see the MG42 in this game im a sucker for world war guns but i think most importantly the more weapon variety that apb needs. We have a lot of weapons and we need some new ones not reskins actual new ones the showstopper was cool idea even though the noise sounded like the 'Thumper' .

Also NEW SOUNDS! should be made but its cool to have some new reskins here and there. It would be nice to see in the future a vast arsenal of weapons that you can use and everyone is not using the same thing( the meta but lets me honest there's always that one gun)

I personally would want to see a glock 17 or 18c in the secondary tab, i know it would sound like a yukon but lets be honest in my opinion it wasnt that big of a deal and also i aint saying it should be as fast as a pre nerfed yukon but fast that it doesn't stutter like a nf9 or the pdw secondarys

Edited by Skerza
adding more context

7 hours ago, Skerza said:

snipperino

I see your point but different/unique weapons tend to be locked behind a paywall and stir up controversy from newer players that this game is pure p2w, this wouldn't be an issue if the game wasn't focused primarily on PvP so reskins are more favorable imo. 

Now a glock and it's variants as an FBW equivalent would be real nice too. 

• Like 2

The modern MG3 (NATO 7.62mm) is nearly identical to its MG42 predecessor and has been in use since the 60's. That's German engineering for you. It was excellent 70+ years ago, it's still excellent now.

The "users" section of the wiki is worth looking at too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheinmetall_MG_3

Edited by Fenton
Wiki link

I love Machine guns, Heavy and Light ones, but I'm tired of weapon reskins, is not that hard to make a new weapon, just take Alig, for example, and change the values a bit, and voilá, a new weapon.

I've thought this too, however I'd like to add that a perfect ALIG reskin to match would be the MG34.