ShiftNeon

Is there a reason to really care whether you win or lose?

I spend loads of times in missions I know i'm not going to win, i'm only rank 150ish so i have a LONG way to go but i just don't get why people have to become so upset when they lose. If you really do care about this game and want to play it, then don't bring down others when you're not doing as well. We all know for a fact we've been DESTROYED by a team and it felt bad, but once the tables turn, oh buy is it a rush. This is my first post because I genuinely do love this game and the people in it, even though i play solo constantly (if anybody feels like playing hit me up), i love driving by other players i've fought, toot my horn at them nicely and even give them a /wave to show that i'm not a triggered gamer and actually want enjoyment, sometimes it's fun to go back in forth in kills with a really good player, especially if you know they too just want to enjoy themself and in game with this much customisation people truly do express themselves so thank you guys for just chilling n killing time ❤️

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If it's not an endless lose steak, especially by been steamrolled by the very same group over and over again, there shouldn't be a problem.

It is a game after all.

However, if the above is not the case, then the motivation to continue, flies away.

• Like 6

honestly the only reason I got upset about losing missions is because you get less xp at the end if u lose
I wanted to get to r255 as soon as possible, not wasting more braincells on missions than I really have to 

• Like 1

Because you're doing your best to win but your teammate sucks whereas your opponents don't suck and you find it unfair and get mad

• Like 3

I kinda feel like this thread is really about you getting yelled at in game.

for some people playing is fun

for some people performing as best they can is fun

for some people winning is fun

i don’t get the point of this thread, is there a reason to really care about apb?

🤬 I rarely get mad over a lost mission, but im premium. So i get a nice 900 + even if i loose. I get mad over trolls and chumps.

Most of the time i am a fool to my own self cause im looking to advance my roles and go in with weapons that suit my role and not the immediate mission. And i tend to go into combat with the idea that i will get wiped out EZ PZ so i try to flank, annoy.

Gets Bad when team mates don't agree with your logic n start t.k.ing .  Now i would love to be able to role up in FC but noone is ever there. And after 4+ years i still can't find my way around the Asylum. But as everyone knows. if ya fux with my mission ill come unglued, but not just for that moment, ill be unglued for days.  Right now im mad at some cop. Not because he smashed my new Truck, not because he then turn around n come witness me for $30 bucks. Cause then he wants to go sit n wait n not turn in the loot. So I gotta wait. or go 300+ meters to kick his patootie, for 30 bucks. n this happened 3 days ago. n im still pissed

So i come into the district with the idea that All of ya are that way, n probly a bunch of ya on cordtweet laughing about it, n ya can lick my right hand middle finger n note that i use cheap toilet paper with very little layering 💩

1 hour ago, nikitos5 said:

Because you're doing your best to win but your teammate sucks whereas your opponents don't suck and you find it unfair and get mad

Literally this in a nutshell.

If possible, choose your teammates then. Maybe join a clan too.

Honestly the only time I care if I lose is when its severely one sided in my oppositions favor and Im working as hard as I can with my team to fight them and then they pull out stupid bullshoot like running with OBJ or reverting to using PMG and NFas to secure their win like lmao holy shit dude.

Its just weird with APB, its all about mood tbh.  You have good days and mainly you just have bad days with this game.   Just end the day on a good mission or just fuck around and chill out and have some fun. 

Losing in APB feels much worse than in other games, but I don't really know why.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saxtus said:

If possible, choose your teammates then. Maybe join a clan too.

never. 

3 hours ago, MACKxBOLAN said:

🤬 I rarely get mad over a lost mission, but im premium. So i get a nice 900 + even if i loose. I get mad over trolls and chumps.

Most of the time i am a fool to my own self cause im looking to advance my roles and go in with weapons that suit my role and not the immediate mission. And i tend to go into combat with the idea that i will get wiped out EZ PZ so i try to flank, annoy.

Gets Bad when team mates don't agree with your logic n start t.k.ing .  Now i would love to be able to role up in FC but noone is ever there. And after 4+ years i still can't find my way around the Asylum. But as everyone knows. if ya fux with my mission ill come unglued, but not just for that moment, ill be unglued for days.  Right now im mad at some cop. Not because he smashed my new Truck, not because he then turn around n come witness me for $30 bucks. Cause then he wants to go sit n wait n not turn in the loot. So I gotta wait. or go 300+ meters to kick his patootie, for 30 bucks. n this happened 3 days ago. n im still pissed

So i come into the district with the idea that All of ya are that way, n probly a bunch of ya on cordtweet laughing about it, n ya can lick my right hand middle finger n note that i use cheap toilet paper with very little layering 💩

thanks for being honest .

9 hours ago, ShiftNeon said:

I spend loads of times in missions I know i'm not going to win, i'm only rank 150ish so i have a LONG way to go but i just don't get why people have to become so upset when they lose. If you really do care about this game and want to play it, then don't bring down others when you're not doing as well. We all know for a fact we've been DESTROYED by a team and it felt bad, but once the tables turn, oh buy is it a rush. This is my first post because I genuinely do love this game and the people in it, even though i play solo constantly (if anybody feels like playing hit me up), i love driving by other players i've fought, toot my horn at them nicely and even give them a /wave to show that i'm not a triggered gamer and actually want enjoyment, sometimes it's fun to go back in forth in kills with a really good player, especially if you know they too just want to enjoy themself and in game with this much customisation people truly do express themselves so thank you guys for just chilling n killing time ❤️

price !!! victory or defeat is the main indicator . if you lose 5 matches with the score 0-?- 28 .  I guarantee you'll leave the game .

Less standing

Less money dollars

Win streaks

In general is a factor to show that you are playing better

Many people enjoy being competitive and the will to win

Bonus to score so that your sick theme will play as MVP

Can feel nice beating certain nerds

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 5:36 AM, Saxtus said:

If it's not an endless lose steak, especially by been steamrolled by the very same group over and over again, there shouldn't be a problem.

It is a game after all.

However, if the above is not the case, then the motivation to continue, flies away.

yeah i get tired of facing the same 2/3/4 man 6x in a row like last night. Even if I won 3 or 4 of the matches, it was really mindwracking

There really is no point. You play the game long enough theres 0 reason to tryhard and 0 reason to even bother winning as once u cap theres nothing else to do (geting and or keeping gold dont count). You can work on ur roles but that requires FC which is always dead anyway. No new content since 2014 means no new reasons to trying to win and thats made worse by the fact that threat in APB is broken as hell anyway. Just play to have fun.

Edited by Darkzero3802

When you play a game for thousands of hours like many veterans have- myself included, there is an expectation of performance or at least feeling you had a chance to win.  Packed in with that is everyone's arbitrary set of rules of what is "fair" or "accepted" with loadout and tactics within the mission. If you get one thing wrong and your enemy loses the mission, whatever "rule" you broke will be singled out as the reason. Meta weapons, running with VIP or items, blah blah blah. Thus is APB. 

Any actual reason to be upset losing missions other than ego? Perhaps threat level or mission rewards- other than that, nope.

• Like 1

The only time I get annoyed is when the game gives me no hope of winning. Like when the matchmaking gives me some new players vs a full team of golds and no backup option.