#NerfTheNfasShotgun

nfas counter is the nfas

after testing, I found that I had just as good results killing with it by holding LMB down and rapidly flailing left and right over the enemy, as compared to tracking them. in fact, the average hallway I can aim directly in the center and not move my mouse and still ttk most of the time..

The spread is so large, yet so damaging that you can't really miss with this weapon which makes it an unstoppable wall of death.

The dow thumper didn't need much of a buff either, but the spread on it is so much tighter that it requires some degree of aim in comparison to the nfas.

really would like the pre little orbit shotguns back 😞

If you know someone's corner camping an nfas, just go another route or if you absolutely have to take his, spam your 3 yields.

3 hours ago, -Dan- said:

Wow, two good shots at blank and you are dead from a weapon that only works in this exact situation? 😮

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Its a 3stk.

... just saying

I heard three shots

Merged.

2 hours ago, onionopinions said:

nfas counter is the nfas

opgl works great for that too if available

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Nfas counter is the "s" key. 

unless your enemy is always inside the car and only get out 5m away from you everytime, and in that case "s" won't work.

Usually nfas users do this: they stay ALL MISSION inside the cars (usually with radar tower mod) and they only get out when somebody is caught on the radar or when they have to do a task..

3 hours ago, onionopinions said:

nfas counter is the nfas

after testing, I found that I had just as good results killing with it by holding LMB down and rapidly flailing left and right over the enemy, as compared to tracking them. in fact, the average hallway I can aim directly in the center and not move my mouse and still ttk most of the time..

The spread is so large, yet so damaging that you can't really miss with this weapon which makes it an unstoppable wall of death.

The dow thumper didn't need much of a buff either, but the spread on it is so much tighter that it requires some degree of aim in comparison to the nfas.

really would like the pre little orbit shotguns back 😞

and thumper has higher ttk, and less open slots, and IT'S semi auto.

nfas > thumper

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

unless your enemy is always inside the car and only get out 5m away from you everytime, and in that case "s" won't work.

Usually nfas users do this: they stay ALL MISSION inside the cars (usually with radar tower mod) and they only get out when somebody is caught on the radar or when they have to do a task..

I'm having trouble understanding your post, but yes there are absolutely situations in which the NFAS is unbeatable by other weapons. 

As it should be. All weapons have there effective niches, and many of the meta ones cannot be beaten within theirs. 

I'm not against rebalancing all shotguns btw, in fact I would welcome it. 

Edited by CookiePuss

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I'm having trouble understanding your post, but yes there are absolutely situations in which the NFAS is unbeatable by other weapons. 

As it should be. All weapons have there effective niches, and many of the meta ones cannot be beaten within theirs. 

I'm not against rebalancing all shotguns btw, in fact I would welcome it. 

before you press the "s" you're already dead, that's what i meant 🙂

range isn't a problem when you're all day inside a car..

Edited by Uhtdred

31 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

before you press the "s" you're already dead, that's what i meant 🙂

range isn't a problem when you're all day inside a car..

Too true...too true. 

Honestly the only changes I'd like to see for nfas, true ogre and shotguns in general is, to fix the hit reg being entirely broken cause of the pellets,

I literally discovered a few hours ago and someone confirmed that nfas was breaking the hitreg for other players around.

Edited by Takotak

On 4/26/2019 at 10:37 PM, Uhtdred said:

and thumper has higher ttk, and less open slots, and IT'S semi auto.

nfas > thumper

yeah I know. I was just saying the Thumper feels much more balanced due to the reasons you listed and the spread, but if you aren't against using cheesy weapons there's no reason to use it over an nfas as it's a direct upgrade in every way.. actually, it's practically a direct upgrade over all shotguns right now. 

41 minutes ago, onionopinions said:

yeah I know. I was just saying the Thumper feels much more balanced due to the reasons you listed and the spread, but if you aren't against using cheesy weapons there's no reason to use it over an nfas as it's a direct upgrade in every way.. actually, it's practically a direct upgrade over all shotguns right now. 

Compared to the NFAS, the DOW trades a .02 slower ttk for twice the range, a tighter spread (even before utilizing the unique mod), and a controllable rate of fire, making the DOW the superior weapon balanced by the higher level of skill required to operate it. 

tl;dr NFAS easier - DOW better

33 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Compared to the NFAS, the DOW trades a .02 slower ttk for twice the range, a tighter spread (even before utilizing the unique mod), and a controllable rate of fire, making the DOW the superior weapon balanced by the higher level of skill required to operate it. 

personal choice . two completely different shotguns . NFAS you can buy from contacts ,  DOW ?  

Edited by Yood

39 minutes ago, Yood said:

personal choice . two completely different shotguns . NFAS you can buy from contacts ,  DOW ?  

Very true. And yeah DOW is JMB or Marketplace only. 

The Nfag has been a problem in APB for yrs but with the quality of players left less then bad (on a good day) the guns seen an increase in use to compensate for the lack of skill and the need to be cheap. Removing the gun entirely is not feasible as many ppl paid for the gun wether armas or JMB and would require alot of payback and digging to see if the acc in question is banned or not and how maby JMBs were opened to give the refund. A nerf is def required as how the gun currently stands there is no counter. A 4 shot to kill would be better as a min ttk as it would require a longer engagement and the other person could have a chance to fight or get behind cover. Pump action shotties with a 3 shot kill is fine as theres plenty of time to kill with another weapon before they can get all 3 shots off (pending enough pellets hit) for an Nfag theres just no way.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

what are you saying? nfas with IR3 has 27m drop off range and thumper has 30m drop off range.

so nfas has 3m less range than thumper, lower ttk than thumper, also it's AUTO, and it has more accuracy (RS3)

Edited by Uhtdred

8 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

what are you saying? nfas with IR3 has 27m drop off range and thumper has 30m drop off range.

so nfas has 3m less range than thumper, lower ttk than thumper, also it's AUTO, and it has more accuracy (RS3)

Aside from the inconsequential 0.02 second difference in ttk, none of that is correct I'm afraid. 

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Shotgun_NFAS

https://apbdb.com/items/Weapon_Shotgun_DOW_Slot2_ArmasJB

Also, please do not waste a mod slot putting orange mods on a shotgun. 

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Aside from the inconsequential 0.02 second difference in ttk, none of that is correct I'm afraid. 

semi auto shotguns like JG and THUMPER don't need RS because there are better mods to use instead, however, on NFAS, there isn't a better setup than RS3, IR3 and EM (if u want to beat another nfas user). tagger is useless, and 3ps3 is also useless so there isn't a better choice than RS3, Unless you have a 2 slot nfas, in that case I would use EM (only against another nfas user) and IR3.

Edited by Uhtdred

extended magazine makes my threat level hurt

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

2 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

semi auto shotguns like JG and THUMPER don't need RS because there are better mods to use instead, however, on NFAS, there isn't a better setup than RS3, IR3 and EM (if u want to beat another nfas user). tagger is useless, and 3ps3 is also useless so there isn't a better choice than RS3, Unless you have a 2 slot nfas, in that case I would use EM (only against another nfas user) and IR3.

these make a bit of difference with different personal settings, you can turn into the sea . it's all very personal . your experience , settings .... bla bla bla .

Cookie tell us how you used to shoot a gun ? what is dpi ? what are the main pitfalls in the settings ?

Edited by Yood

53 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

Orange mods have no effect on shotguns. 

I'm sorry but it seems all of your information is simply outdated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

that is  Reflex Sight doesn't affect the shotgun ?

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

what would you use instead of RS3? tagger? 3ps3? bandolier? LOL

and what u mean with "no effects" ?? If you put HS3 on a shotgun, it will suck without zooming (so yea, it has effects), and if you put high magnification scope it also has effects on it.

Perhaps you should learn how to play..

Edited by Uhtdred

7 hours ago, Yood said:

that is  Reflex Sight doesn't affect the shotgun ?

3 hours ago, Uhtdred said:

what would you use instead of RS3? tagger? 3ps3? bandolier? LOL

and what u mean with "no effects" ?? If you put HS3 on a shotgun, it will suck without zooming (so yea, it has effects), and if you put high magnification scope it also has effects on it.

Perhaps you should learn how to play..

I am not really sure how else to state it.

Orange mods on all but one shotgun = wasted mod slot. 

There is no benefit bestowed by Reflex Sight, as the weapon's spread is not changed.

There is no reason to aim down sights with shotguns (aside from the Shredder and utilizing the unique mod on the DOW of course), so no reason to waste a slot on Hunting Sight (outside of the Shredder), and again the weapon's spread is not changed . Same applies to high mag scope. 

Of the red mods only improved rifling helps performance. Cooling jacket and Heavy Barrel will make shotguns perform worse. 

Blue mods are common. I'm a big mag pull fan, but some NFAS players like the benefits of extended mag. 

Bandolier obviously would only be beneficial if you both have very a high kdr and don't equip any method for ammo resupply. 

Purple mods, contrary to what you imply can also be very useful. Most useful by far is 3ps3. Given the extremely limited range of shotguns since the most recent balance pass (just 7.5m for the JG for instance and no more than 10m for any shotguns besides the DOW and Shredder), the use of secondaries is absolutely critical. In fact, outside of tight interior gameplay you will likely have your secondary equipped more than your primary. So the ability to switch to your shotgun when needed more quickly is very important to winning gunfights. (Not to mention 3ps3 allows you get the first shot off more  quickly anytime you equip your pimary, so this applies to climbing ladders, jumping fances, etc.) Tagger is only really situationally useful. Carplay around taller vehicles is greatly aided by the ability to track a tagged opponent's movements, and my personal favorite, jumpshooting a tagged target over a wall. Mobility Sling, like Hunting Sight and HMS is useless since you will not be aiming down sights with your pump and full auto shotguns. (It is however quite useful for the Shredder, or course). 

This is simply how the game works, and has nothing to do with my or your ability to play the game.

• Like 1

Just now, CookiePuss said:

I am not really sure how else to state it.

Orange mods on all but one shotgun = wasted mod slot. 

There is no benefit bestowed by Reflex Sight, as the weapon's spread is not changed.

There is no reason to aim down sights with shotguns (aside from the Shredder and utilizing the unique mod on the DOW of course), so no reason to waste a slot on Hunting Sight (outside of the Shredder), and again the weapon's spread is not changed . Same applies to high mag scope. 

Of the red mods only improved rifling helps performance. Cooling jacket and Heavy Barrel will make shotguns perform worse. 

Blue mods are common. I'm a big mag pull fan, but some NFAS players like the benefits of extended mag. 

Bandolier obviously would only be beneficial if you both have very a high kdr and don't equip any method for ammo resupply. 

Purple mods, contrary to what you imply can also be very useful. Most useful by far is 3ps3. Given the extremely limited range of shotguns since the most recent balance pass (just 7.5m for the JG for instance and no more than 10m for any shotguns besides the DOW and Shredder), the use of secondaries is absolutely critical. In fact, outside of tight interior gameplay you will likely have your secondary equipped more than your primary. So the ability to switch to your shotgun when needed more quickly is very important to winning gunfights. (Not to mention 3ps3 allows you get the first shot off more  quickly anytime you equip your pimary, so this applies to climbing ladders, jumping fances, etc.) Tagger is only really situationally useful. Carplay around taller vehicles is greatly aided by the ability to track a tagged opponent's movements, and my personal favorite, jumpshooting a tagged target over a wall. Mobility Sling, like Hunting Sight and HMS is useless since you will not be aiming down sights with your pump and full auto shotguns. (It is however quite useful for the Shredder, or course). 

This is simply how the game works, and has nothing to do with my or your ability to play the game.

Cookie you're like a little Annex to pbdb . all weapon modifications work as they should .  includes Reflex Sight .  all strictly personally . 

show me your normal screenshot and screenshot of your map in the game .