#NerfTheNfasShotgun

2 hours ago, Alani said:

the fact that the only real counter to a fucking nfas is either kill them at range or equip nfas is a problem.

the other shotguns can atleast be countered by an oca if your timing is good enough.

so yeah. nfas is a legitimate problem regarding balance in cqc

its basically the opposite problem of the hvr whereas the hvr can kill you over 100m so long the reticle turns red and the enemy is out of sight

The OCA drop off range is 30 meters.

The NFAS is 10 meters. 

If all pellets hit, the NFAS starts at 381 damage then drops off to 114 (less than a third) by 20 meters.

So the OCA has a 20 meter gain on the NFAS.

The OCA shouldn't have an issue against the NFAS unless the OCA user can't aim or is trying to fight in a <10 meter confined area.

Edit: I'm not going to debate IR mods since both weapons can use IR3 which negates any argument for or against the NFAS/OCA.

Edited by illgot

1 hour ago, illgot said:

unless the OCA user can't aim or is trying to fight in a <10 meter confined area.

like i posted. the nfas has no real counter in cqc lmao

1 hour ago, Alani said:

like i posted. the nfas has no real counter in cqc lmao

shaw beats nfas every time

get good :^)

3 hours ago, illgot said:

The OCA drop off range is 30 meters.

The NFAS is 10 meters. 

If all pellets hit, the NFAS starts at 381 damage then drops off to 114 (less than a third) by 20 meters.

So the OCA has a 20 meter gain on the NFAS.

The OCA shouldn't have an issue against the NFAS unless the OCA user can't aim or is trying to fight in a <10 meter confined area.

Edit: I'm not going to debate IR mods since both weapons can use IR3 which negates any argument for or against the NFAS/OCA.

You forgot to include base accuracy and bloom to your equation, not to mention the differing real world practical effects of IR on the weapons mentioned.

There are reasons you always see IR3 on the NFAS, and you never see it on the OCA. 

17 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

What is there that needs to be said? 

Exactly, fucking remove it from the game already.  Shits broken and Im fucking sick and tired of playing against it.

-"If he is good close, then you must fight him at a distance."
-"If he is good at a distance, then you must be close."
+"What if your opponent is good close and from a distance?
-"Then you are up to your eyeballs in shit."

I personally use the nfas/shredder all the time, and from what I've noticed it is too powerful right now. I think it needs a bit of a TTK increase, through damage nerf (nothing too drastic though). The range is fine just the damage is a bit too much, especially with IR3.

It is a fairly simple gun to counter though. Simply stay at a mid-range. If you're forced into cqc opgl is a good option. What I've seen people use to counter me also is peeking around corners at a 10m~ range, you'll dodge a lot of the gun's pellets. Like honestly it's not that hard to counter, just if you're in the open and within ~15m range you'll probably die.

guns are broken - remove them

grenades are broken - remove them

cars are broken - remove them

whats next my clothes????

As much as some say it feels like freedom  , I do not want to streak

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

You forgot to include base accuracy and bloom to your equation, not to mention the differing real world practical effects of IR on the weapons mentioned.

There are reasons you always see IR3 on the NFAS, and you never see it on the OCA. 

I see IR3 on OCAs all the time, and on PMGs.  I'm not sure if that is the best option since I use neither.

6 minutes ago, Emcitement said:

why would you use ir3 on an oca for 37m when the whisper has 50m

not everyone has a whisper.

I have no idea why you would use IR3 on the OCA, I would think CJ3 would be more useful considering that the NFAS would only go from 10-17 meters (which I think also increases the spread).  The OCA would still have a range advantage without IR3.

On 4/24/2019 at 4:36 PM, TheKeanuReeves said:

-"If he is good close, then you must fight him at a distance."
-"If he is good at a distance, then you must be close."
+"What if your opponent is good close and from a distance?
-"Then you are up to your eyeballs in shit."

not quite....blow up the car

if you dont have a car get one

then you both are bbq

life is good

Pre-nerf CSG and JG were a lot better than the current NFAS.

Now whine about the NFAS, but no one whined about the CSG and JG.

1 hour ago, GhosT said:

Pre-nerf CSG and JG were a lot better than the current NFAS.

Now whine about the NFAS, but no one whined about the CSG and JG.

Pre-nerf as in last LO's balance changes? Because I feel like CSG and JG were both fairly well balanced before LO touched them, so I understand that no one was really complaining about them. Now people whine about NFAS because it's currently a bit too rewarding and requires basically no aim to be used effectively.

46 minutes ago, gold said:

Pre-nerf as in last LO's balance changes? Because I feel like CSG and JG were both fairly well balanced before LO touched them, so I understand that no one was really complaining about them. Now people whine about NFAS because it's currently a bit too rewarding and requires basically no aim to be used effectively.

Pre-nerf as in before LO touched the shotguns.

At that point CSG/JG were a lot more effective and rewarding, while the NFAS was a basically melee weapon.

6 hours ago, GhosT said:

Pre-nerf as in before LO touched the shotguns.

At that point CSG/JG were a lot more effective and rewarding, while the NFAS was a basically melee weapon.

Im about to just go full autistic and just main the NFAS cause fuck it, why try if nothing beats the fucking thing.  Its all people fuckign use anymore and its not enjoyable to play against.   Like just now, was in a good mood, was playing a mission against a friend till this fucking idiot max rank with NFAS just corner camps the tight narrow objective spot and nothing can be done against him.    True Ogre cant even compete against NFas lmao.

iyOitGX.png

Edited by Guest

On 4/25/2019 at 12:04 AM, Emcitement said:

why would you use ir3 on an oca for 37m when the whisper has 50m

On 4/25/2019 at 12:13 AM, illgot said:

not everyone has a whisper.

I have no idea why you would use IR3 on the OCA, I would think CJ3 would be more useful considering that the NFAS would only go from 10-17 meters (which I think also increases the spread).  The OCA would still have a range advantage without IR3.

Why would you use any version of the OCA past 20-25m anyways?

Unless you just like wasting ammo. 

lmao like look at this stupid shit lol 

Wow, two good shots at blank and you are dead from a weapon that only works in this exact situation? 😮

Just now, -Dan- said:

Wow, two good shots at blank and you are dead from a weapon that only works in this exact situation? 😮

Its a 3stk.

... just saying

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Its a 3stk.

... just saying

I can't tell how many shots that guy actually did

Also I didn't know it is 3 shots, I never played shotgun

7 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

I can't tell how many shots that guy actually did

Also I didn't know it is 3 shots, I never played shotgun

Up to 10m its unbeatable... but then again, that's by design.

Sure IR3 gives you max damage up to 17m, but spread is insane at that range.

That being said, in a lot of interior fights, there's just no stopping the nfas.

Luckily its a weapon just about every single player will have access to.

Im not sure how I feel about it. Feels too strong at times, but maybe tha'ts just me.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Up to 10m its unbeatable... but then again, that's by design.

Sure IR3 gives you max damage up to 17m, but spread is insane at that range.

That being said, in a lot of interior fights, there's just no stopping the nfas.

Luckily its a weapon just about every single player will have access to.

Im not sure how I feel about it. Feels too strong at times, but maybe tha'ts just me.

I agree that it needs a nerf, maybe longer ttk, but it's still beatable..I am more concerned with the other shotguns

19 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

I agree that it needs a nerf, maybe longer ttk, but it's still beatable..I am more concerned with the other shotguns

RIP my poor poor csg/tas20