LukeCS

0xc00007b error

Hello guys.

So, I tried to download APB Reloaded from 2 places, Steam and GamersFirst, and both ended up with the same error: 0xc00007b.

I know this is an error related to dlls but I checked it with the "Depends" program and it just doesn't make any sense. Some dlls that i believe were installed along with the game are x86 and they don't have x64 versions and the ones i found on x64 presented malfunction on other programs installed on the pc, like dbghelp.dll x64 presenting malfunctioning on Spotify, while the system dlls are x64 since its a 64 bit system.

I really don't know what to do anymore so i'm wondering if someone had the same issue too and know to solve it. It only happens on APB Reloaded, all the other games i have on my pc are running perfectly (CS:GO, GTA V, ETS2, Paladins)

What can I do to solve it?

3 hours ago, LukeCS said:

didn't work, error persists

eliminates the two apb, that to start, gives you the same error that I gave to me a long time ago, desistala the two apb eh installs only the steam. In steam before you could do a verification of the integrity of the files, currently did not exist, but you just desistala eh install it again, if it does not work when you reinstall, az the same with everything steam i gamefirst! that's what I did, and it worked again when I installed only steam!

Check this link, it seems this could be the fix to your issue;

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-the-application-is-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc00007b-error/

Also make sure all your drivers are up to date and what not, apb is super weird sometimes and it doesn't take alot to break. If this doesn't work, completely wipe APB off your PC and reinstall only via steam. Right click APB on steam, go to properties and verify your game integrity files and fingers crossed this should work if the first option didn't already.

Any issues keep us informed

11 hours ago, Watson_ said:

Check this link, it seems this could be the fix to your issue;

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-the-application-is-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc00007b-error/

Also make sure all your drivers are up to date and what not, apb is super weird sometimes and it doesn't take alot to break. If this doesn't work, completely wipe APB off your PC and reinstall only via steam. Right click APB on steam, go to properties and verify your game integrity files and fingers crossed this should work if the first option didn't already.

Any issues keep us informed

everything updated, tried to open it again, same error code and Steam won't let me verify integrity of local files, it's blocked somehow. I just installed APB again, updated what was left on Windows Update, tried to open it and the same message popped up

Could you drop APBGame/Logs/Current.log after game crashes or displays this error ?

it could be one of the listed things
- DirectX
- One of redist 32 bit or 64 bit one
- or one of files named `MSVCR100.dll`
- NET Framework

I will update this thread later with Portable APB Version from 17.04.19 link should be below this text (i used anonfile.com as hosting)
https://anonfile.com/iaH2B0i9na/APB_-_Portable_-_17.04.19_7z

i dont know if i can post links like this its installed APB and updated till 17.04 - so after unpacking run Launcher to update it

---------- not my solutions -----------
Solution 1
In most cases it's .NET framework causing issues. This can easily fixed by re-installing latest .NET framework from [link]

Solution 2
Re-install the application that you are trying to run. It sounds simple but the application data files could be corrupt or missing. This could be caused by a installation that did not complete successfully or by a virus.

Solution 3
Running the application as an administrator could fix this error. Right click on the program shortcut or program program file, then click on Properties, and on the Compatibility tab. Check the Run this program as an administrator box, and click on OK

Solution 4
Restart your computer as some applications require restart after installation to function properly.

Solution 5
Run Windows update as it can provide application fixes and updates. Furthermore it installs missing drivers and updates the outdated ones like graphic card drivers. Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 users need to search for "windows update". select all important and optional updates and click on the "install updates" button. If you use Windows XP navigate navigate to Windows Update by choosing Start > All Programs > Windows Update. When the scan is complete,Click the Review and Install Updates link. Finally press the "install now" button.
Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1
Windows XP

Solution 6
manually update the application if possible.

Solution 7
re-install Microsoft Visual C++ from [x32 link] or [x64 link]

Solution 8
re-install DirectX [link]

Solution 9
Many times hard disk problems can be repaired using the chkdsk command. If you are using windows 7 press the start button in bottom left corner of your screen. If you are using windows 8 / 8.1 press the windows key .Search for "cmd" and Right click it and select "Run as administrator". Windows XP users Click on start > run. In the Run box, type in "cmd" in the box.
Windows 7:
Windows 8 / 8.1
Windows XP
A CMD window should appear. In that window you can just type it as you see "chkdsk 😄 /f /r". If you have more then one drive or partition, you will need to tell it the disk (chkdsk d: /f /r).
If it is the primary windows disk 😄 it will ask you to schedule it for next boot. When you restart, it will do a chkdsk for you before even getting to the login screen.

Solution 10
This solution only works for a 64-bit system. It requires replacing files is system32 directory so be careful. Only attempt this solution if you are confident and if other solutions have failed. When Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is not properly configured it may cause 0xc00007b error. Firstly download the zip file [link] and decompress it. Reboot in safe mode and go to C:\Windows\System32. copy all files included in the zip package (mfc100.dll, mfc100u.dll, msvcr100.dll, msvcp100.dll and msvcr100_clr0400.dll) to C:\Windows\System32 replacing the current ones. After that reboot in normal mode.

Edited by TheSxW