Sign in to follow this  
Thaumaturge

Premium and the bottom line

It's uh, pretty obvious that players maintaining a monthly subscription will be your ideal majority income. I, at least, think it should be, and in order to make it so the benefits should be appropriate and not as they are currently...

The current benefits of premium:

You can get an insane advantage with orange mods

Can actually customize your character properly

XP + Money boost.

Heres what i propose:

Increase the symbol limitations for non-premium players a bit, to at least 10 so they can properly dip their feet in the kiddie pool here.

Add a customization limit to the music studio (this will be vastly unpopular, but hey, most of the wealth in this game is controlled by theme makers, who aren't premium, who also spend most of their time ingame, making themes.)

Make the current premium CD on orange mods base, and do not give premium an advantage in this regard

Increase base joker ticket gain a fair bit overall, add 25% more for premium players.

- Go back to adding community material to the joker store, and guess what, you can now only get the community made material if you're premium.

Extended marketplace listing times for premium players

A selection of three skins that rotate monthly that premium players are free to use on their weaponry. (They don't get it permanently, just random skins each month)

Suggestions requiring a lot more work:

Premium players getting priority district entry (if a queue system is introduced)

Automated relisting of duplicated item upon sale (Would require UI/Marketplace rework)

As for making the current benefits more valuable:

Decrease amount of $ required to purchase weaponry across the board, as it's pretty much impossible to maintain multiple 3 slot weaponry as a non premium. Instead, make it possible, and make the ammo more expensive.

Edited by Thaumaturge
  • Like 1

An idea I've got to mitigate the advantage that the increased money rewards that premium players get (without taking it away and devaluing premium) would be to modify the tutorial of the game.

Currently, when you finish the tutorial you are given a weapon selector to pick one permanent weapon from the following list: Joker Carbine, SHAW, OBIR, HVR 762, OCA, and JG. (May be inaccurate because it's been forever since I've done the tutorial and it's been changed a few times.)

What I'd like to suggest is that instead of giving people the choice of ONE weapon, which can leave players feeling crushed in terms of options that don't require money since they'd have only the STAR, FBW, and the one weapon they picked, give them ALL of the weapons in a no-slot variant. This would greatly increase the amount of options that the average player has on offer, and the tutorial could also include the message that having a versatile armory is important and switching weapons on a per mission or per situation basis is important.

This would leave new players with a much wider variety of guns to use that they don't have to constantly play missions to maintain, and would allow new players to effectively tackle all the scenarios that the game could throw at them.

Edit: "make the ammo more expensive."

I disagree with this though. New players can already struggle to keep enough in the bank for ammo, and I would really not want someone to struggle through missions unable to afford ammo if the cost is too much.

Edited by Freewind

I'm good as long as the JT rewards get an increase overall. It's a complete pain in the patootie to "farm"  as it is right now. 

Ammo prices increase? Not really. But some items could be more expensive. Explosives overall, high caliber rounds, things like that. 

3 slot weapons could be a bit cheaper, true.  I believe the price tag on the 3 slot osmaw was 30k? You have to either play all day to make enough money for that, or go farming at least once a week. TBH it's not THAT bad. Want the good stuff? Work hard for it. Always thought about it that way.