onionopinions

A lot of us can't rank up in Jericho.

More often than not, our one active silver district is Financial. Waterfront does open up on occasion but it doesn't stay populated as long as Financial does.

This results in a lot of NA players being unable to rank up. The only option is to wait (which can take a long time if you are busy on the days Waterfront is available) or dethreat, which is frowned upon, hurts the game for others, and can take many hours.

We need a solution. Could we temporarily have rotating silver districts? From ddos experience, certain districts can be made to not appear on the list. Maybe make it so every other day it swaps between Financial and Waterfront at the very late night for gold and silver districts. I don't think Bronze needs this change as I often see two of them.

I understand a few players may be effected, should they want to roam around empty districts, ram raid, or scrim, but I think it would benefit us more to be able to rank up consistently and obviously there will still be other empty districts.

Of course, if we ever get a population increase then just put it back to having both districts available.

Edited by onionopinions
  • Like 1

Just a reminder that not only is dethreating frowned upon, it's also bannable. 

• Thanks 2

Honestly a better solution would be allowing a Waterfront contact to be pledged to in Financial, if that's even possible

• Like 2

*Ignore my idea of making you able to rank up any contact in any map*.

That was another of my brilliant ideas. It come from me absolutly refusing to play action district and enjoying fc and not be able to rank up... and other issues ofc.

Sadly now its all gone.

Edited by SillyBear

If EU wont bring players back, one day waterfront will just be forbidden. Or players will be able to pledge from financial server. Or all districts wont have threat restrictions. Or only in waterfront you can get daily rewards. Smth will happen

uninstall until the engine is up, sbam..your solution

• Like 1

I players weren't forced to play Waterfront to rank up, you could just go ahead and delete the map.

Edited by CookiePuss

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Just a reminder that not only is dethreating frowned upon, it's also bannable. 

Then why the fuck arent dethreaters getting banned?

Tired of wasting my god damn time in missions with   dumb-asses   who   are   de-threating   to also then waste my time editing videos and submitting them as reports to Support  only to have nothing done :^)

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

I players weren't forced to play Waterfront to rank up, you could just go ahead and delete the map.

You can ram raid to level up in a empty district, Matt said he's interested in doing some Waterfront map tweaks to make it more fun (financial still needs that 1 fix to fix that Broken display point that's out of reach)

1 minute ago, Zolerox said:

You can ram raid to level up in a empty district, Matt said he's interested in doing some Waterfront map tweaks to make it more fun (financial still needs that 1 fix to fix that Broken display point that's out of reach)

Who is going to ram raid for 10 hours to level up basically nothing for a contact?

Pertaining to the OP's suggestion to alternate live districts , every other day,

not a bad idea.

I mean, we do have the following Districts available, not including threat specific districts.

- Financial

- Waterfront

- Fight Club-Abington Towers

- Fight Club-Baylan Shipping Storage

- Dynamic Event-Financial

- Dynamic Event-Waterfront

That's 6 districts that the current NA player base can not populate.

And that is not including threat specific disctricts.

If LO were to alternate FIN and Waterfront, I'm guessing the Silver Districts would be the way to go.

Least ways , Bronze, Silver & Gold could join that district.

If a player has his/her mind set on FIN, but only Waterfront was on that day, they might see a pop increase

in the FC districts, which would be nice also.

(Fight Club has also been struggling with population in the last few weeks)

5 hours ago, IROCkiller said:

Honestly a better solution would be allowing a Waterfront contact to be pledged to in Financial, if that's even possible

5 hours ago, Emcitement said:

Then Waterfront would never actually be open again because players prefer Financial.. which is fine, its a better map but it'll get pretty repetitive to not have the little variety that currently exists.

I would rather not diminish any district, by adding those contacts to the other district.

4 hours ago, Lato said:

uninstall until the engine is up, sbam..your solution

As much as all of us would like to believe that the engine upgrade will be the "Magic Bullet" that draws a huge population increase.

it won't.   

But it is a major stepping stone for future content.

Edited by Westford

Remove the threat system altogether.  People don't need to know if others are gold, silver, bronze or whatever. If you play most shooter games, you connect to a server & play the people that you're playing. End of story. if you're with a good group of players and get newer players is back up, that gives you a chance to show them how to play right. It gives you an opportunity to improve leadership skills. If you're a newer player & get better players as back up, that gives you an opportunity to learn from tactics you might not be aware of.

People put too much emphasis in thinking other players are drastically this much better or worse, this is psychologically damaging & dampening to the spirit of playing games. It subconsciously keeps people from playing to their full potential infusing comparative mentalities to one's own abilities; much like the flaw with social media.

The only way to get good at things in life is to get your patootie kicked in it, period. That's the entire concept behind training & practice. This isn't an easy game to level up in a hurry. This game takes a lot of time, over that time people will get better by practice & communicating ideas and tactics on the forums or their VoIP servers with comrades.

Threat is the nuttiest idea & the fact that so many people still support it or any other balancing & matchmaking system is mind-boggling. This has been debated for years & it's absolutely pathetic that it's still an issue.

Edited by sTr8-jAcKeT
[CLASSIFIED]

3 minutes ago, sTr8-jAcKeT said:

Threat is the nuttiest idea

not really, there are tons of game that use matchmaking systems based on calculated skill levels 

4 minutes ago, sTr8-jAcKeT said:

The only way to get good at things in life is to get your patootie kicked in it, period.

there’s a difference between losing a difficult fight with a similarly skilled player and getting splattered all over the map by a player 100 times better than you

no one learns by losing fights faster than they can react, because you have no idea what you’re doing wrong 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, sTr8-jAcKeT said:

People put too much emphasis in thinking other players are drastically this much better or worse, this is psychologically damaging & dampening to the spirit of playing games. It subconsciously keeps people from playing to their full potential infusing comparative mentalities to one's own abilities; much like the flaw with social media.

I agree somewhat, but even without a threat system, a player's "load out" does give some indication as to their level of experience & expertise.

Most newbies are starting out with the STAR or NTEC, rallied up against opponents with ............   (add whatever weapon, legendary, whatnot}

Will these STAR bearing newbies get their patootie kicked ?

Probably.

How many times might this happen before a newbie says ... "Ok, that was kind of fun, but ... "

and then never to return again.

I would rather add game mechanics to retain new players, than an attempt at changing the mindset & attitude of new players to ....  conform.

Just my opinion.

Everything I have to say to this has already been stated in the previous post. People don't like a challenge anymore even if it seems impossible. Isn't that what all these anime geeks love about superheroes who have overcome the impossible and the time and years and effort and all this it took to get to that point?

You'd be surprised at the percentage of players that only like to play the absolute hardest players in the game every time, much as myself. There are a lot of gamers in the world that only play video games on the hardest difficulty when they first get a new game or prefer to play the absolute best players right off the bat. If you get used to crap you become crap, if you get used to the best everything else becomes easy. You will get better I assure you. Your reflexes will become better, you will learn how much faster you need to be or quick thinking. You'll start to notice patterns in how they play & learn from them. You start to realize you will dedicate more thought into being able to stop a particular tactic. Regardless of how much time it takes, you will get better. Black belts in real Life Martial arts for example aren't issued over a short period of time. The rank is awarded once the skill follows. This is no different in personal abilities and improvements in skill on a videogame or anything else in life you can improve in.

I do not believe what you said one bit. I know there are others that believe this as well. Just because a vocal minority gets on the forums & posts their opinions or complaints, does not mean they speak for the vast majority.

Edited by sTr8-jAcKeT
[CLASSIFIED]

22 minutes ago, sTr8-jAcKeT said:

Everything I have to say to this has already been stated in the previous post. People don't like a challenge anymore even if it seems impossible. Isn't that what all these anime geeks love about superheroes who have overcome the impossible and the time and years and effort and all this it took to get to that point?

Hmm, I can't speak much for the "anime geeks", but I can say, as I'm sure all of us can attest to at on time or another as a "New Player",

that they just want to learn the game.

Challenges ... ? yes

Insurmountable Challenges ....   ehh,,, not so much.

Let me learn the basics of the game first so I can somewhat compete..

That's what I hear from new players.

22 minutes ago, sTr8-jAcKeT said:

Just because a vocal minority gets on the forums & posts their opinions or complaints, does not mean they speak for the vast majority.

We have not yet established "Who" is the vocal minority or the vast majority.

But we can all guess.

Just as an Example of Jericho population

7:30pm EST   4/22/2019

154d91x.jpg

Granted this is a Monday, but I have not seen much of a change last Friday or Sat.

It is what it is.

Can LO implement a "quick fix" (alternating different districts) as a short term measure ?

.. or

They may very well be knee deep in pushing the RIOT content out, and segueing from that path adds risk to their current objective.

We just need to be patient , and wait and see.

Edited by Westford

7 hours ago, onionopinions said:

More often than not, our one active silver district is Financial. Waterfront does open up on occasion but it doesn't stay populated as long as Financial does.

This results in a lot of NA players being unable to rank up. The only option is to wait (which can take a long time if you are busy on the days Waterfront is available) or dethreat, which is frowned upon, hurts the game for others, and can take many hours.

We need a solution. Could we temporarily have rotating silver districts? From ddos experience, certain districts can be made to not appear on the list. Maybe make it so every other day it swaps between Financial and Waterfront at the very late night for gold and silver districts. I don't think Bronze needs this change as I often see two of them.

I understand a few players may be effected, should they want to roam around empty districts, ram raid, or scrim, but I think it would benefit us more to be able to rank up consistently and obviously there will still be other empty districts.

Of course, if we ever get a population increase then just put it back to having both districts available.

are you talking about the normal apb game play , or the Easter event?

normal game play - make a group of people you play well with and/or join a clan and play with them.

Easter event -  tell people in district you need help and someone may help teach you the way.

41 minutes ago, sTr8-jAcKeT said:

Black belts in real Life Martial arts for example aren't issued over a short period of time

you don’t earn a black belt by fighting other black belts the second you sign up for beginners karate class

similarly, new players should not be facing high threat veterans out of the gate 

44 minutes ago, sTr8-jAcKeT said:

You'd be surprised at the percentage of players that only like to play the absolute hardest players in the game every time, much as myself. There are a lot of gamers in the world that only play video games on the hardest difficulty when they first get a new game or prefer to play the absolute best players right off the bat

if you want to voluntarily challenge yourself you can join a higher threat district, but there’s no reason to force that experience on every player

• Like 1

Yet you do spar higher belt ranks throughout the experience.  Sometimes facing two & three black belts to promote to ranks below black belt. Did that myself with friends & everyone else who had the same prerequisites at the school in order to advance. Please do not make assumptions on material you do not know.

Other flip of that coin however & point of this discussion is they should remove threat so there is not a segregation forcing players to feel less than "better" players. That cowardice mindset is so psychologically damaging & probably the reason for a lot of anthropocentric consequences in our society these days.

Same reason that a lot of the younger generations are complaining that older people are too mean or harsh on them. That's what got them to be disciplined & hard asses. Something I doubt most of the youth on here would understand; which because of the content in the game, shouldn't even be playing. But that is neither here nor there.

Forcing that segregation further agitates this aftermath.

11 hours ago, Emcitement said:

Then Waterfront would never actually be open again because players prefer Financial.. which is fine, its a better map but it'll get pretty repetitive to not have the little variety that currently exists.

I realize that, but at this rate ot's impossible for me to rank up my enforcer. College has me busy, and whenever I log on it's always Financial anyways. In my mind a bit of repetitiveness is better than nothing at all

7 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Then why the fuck arent dethreaters getting banned?

Tired of wasting my god damn time in missions with   dumb-asses   who   are   de-threating   to also then waste my time editing videos and submitting them as reports to Support  only to have nothing done :^)

But they did  when they had enough evidence beyond any reasonable doubt

7 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Who is going to ram raid for 10 hours to level up basically nothing for a contact?

Bronzes do the darnest things in waterfront....

7 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

not really, there are tons of game that use matchmaking systems based on calculated skill levels 

there’s a difference between losing a difficult fight with a similarly skilled player and getting splattered all over the map by a player 100 times better than you

no one learns by losing fights faster than they can react, because you have no idea what you’re doing wrong 

6 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

you don’t earn a black belt by fighting other black belts the second you sign up for beginners karate class

similarly, new players should not be facing high threat veterans out of the gate 

if you want to voluntarily challenge yourself you can join a higher threat district, but there’s no reason to force that experience on every player

Couldnt agree more. Crushing a new player with a gold elite is a horrid thing to do.

I mean how do you dodge a nuke dropped on you?

BXNNXD is right.

for many years, playing below your threat level has become the RULE . 5 lost matches will lead to one result - the player leaves the game .

Edited by Yood
  • Like 1