Tim1739

Chat channels for cyrillic languages

Chat channel for cyrillic languages  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should LO add different chat channels for the russian players?

Hello,

as most of the players can see in the district chat, there are lots of russian that just spam in cyrillic, and mostly in capsed cyrill. I was talking to many players, that don't understand russian, and all of them said, that it is annoying to see their spam. So my suggestion would be, to add chat channels into the game. 1 channel for latin letters only, and maybe 1 or 2 for those cyrill + latin letters, so russians can write there, and nobody else is feeling annoyed. I hope you add this to your list and we'll see my suggestion live when the game is updated. 

Please write your opinion about that suggestion into the comment section. If you vote for no, please let me know why this shouldn't be added to apb. 

Regards

Tim

Edited by Tim1739
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi,
I like ur idea. It's great!

Other languages are also annoying, but russian is still the most annoying language in this game! 
The best thing They can do is add different chat channels for like every language. 

German, 

English,

French,

Russian,

others.....

Ty!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I cyrillic dominates chat... sounds like you are the minority.

... just saying

but lets be fair here, Citadell is a european realm and it should be the Russians that have to adapt, not the other way around. 
Also if someone writes a Germanic letter in chat like ö or ä, anyone can easily replicate that no matter what keyboard layout you're using. It is impossible to replicate Cyrillic on a normal keyboard layout in order to translate. 

It would be for the better if Cyrillic is separated from the main chat channels. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Basih said:

but lets be fair here, Citadell is a european realm and it should be the Russians that have to adapt, not the other way around. 
Also if someone writes a Germanic letter in chat like ö or ä, anyone can easily replicate that no matter what keyboard layout you're using. It is impossible to replicate Cyrillic on a normal keyboard layout in order to translate. 

It would be for the better if Cyrillic is separated from the main chat channels. 

The servers are in Frankfurt, yeah. But if most of the player base uses Cyrillic, why should they adapt?

The server would be dead without them.

On 5/6/2019 at 12:46 AM, CookiePuss said:

I cyrillic dominates chat... sounds like you are the minority.

... just saying

truth of life , fact .

On 5/6/2019 at 1:05 AM, Basih said:

this is your way to closure . so died  Hoplon , Pioneer ...  the launcher should have at least 5-6 language packs .

Edited by Yood

On 5/5/2019 at 5:16 PM, CookiePuss said:

The servers are in Frankfurt, yeah. But if most of the player base uses Cyrillic, why should they adapt?

The server would be dead without them.

I can understand you. But isn't it fair if everybody can play and talk to others, without getting annoyed by others? Its the server for europa, russians had their own but they stopped it. This is not our fault. So they come to us and want to be adopted. If I'd bring a similar comparison, everybody would call me a racist xd

55 minutes ago, Tim1739 said:

I can understand you. But isn't it fair if everybody can play and talk to others, without getting annoyed by others? Its the server for europa, russians had their own but they stopped it. This is not our fault. So they come to us and want to be adopted. If I'd bring a similar comparison, everybody would call me a racist xd

You act like being annoyed by a different alphabet and or language is anything but a "you" problem. 

They did not come to you, they were invited and welcomed by the owners of the game. You have no say in the matter. They have as much claim to Citadel as anyone. 

Edited by CookiePuss

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

You act like being annoyed by a different alphabet and or language is anything but a "you" problem. 

They did not come to you, they were invited and welcomed by the owners of the game. You have no say in the matter. They have as much claim to Citadel as anyone. 

Thats right. But only because they are more now, means that we have to accept this cyrill spam or learn cyrill? So we Germans have to learn arabic because they are getting more and more?! 

It's not that hard to implement chat channels. So why not releasing them? If u want to read Russian, u can switch to the Russian chat channel. If u want to read german, u can find it in the german chat channel. 

The chat channel is much more sorted with channels. 

And i think there are more people joining the game in the future, so the spam will be even more. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tim1739 said:

Thats right. But only because they are more now, means that we have to accept this cyrill spam or learn cyrill? So we Germans have to learn arabic because they are getting more and more?! 

It's not that hard to implement chat channels. So why not releasing them? If u want to read Russian, u can switch to the Russian chat channel. If u want to read german, u can find it in the german chat channel. 

The chat channel is much more sorted with channels. 

And i think there are more people joining the game in the future, so the spam will be even more. 

You don't have to learn anything.

Fun fact: you don't have to read chat at all.

You can turn off district chat, and talk to your friends through whisper team group or clan chat.

Or you can just accept the fact that the world is a big place with a great many languages, and move on.

On 5/10/2019 at 3:50 PM, CookiePuss said:

You don't have to learn anything.

Fun fact: you don't have to read chat at all.

You can turn off district chat, and talk to your friends through whisper team group or clan chat.

Or you can just accept the fact that the world is a big place with a great many languages, and move on.

But i would like to talk to others in district chat, so deactivating it, isnt an option. And talking to others is impossible when there are the same messages in cyrillic with capslock for more than 5 times in 10 seconds.

I can count on one hand the number of things I've seen said in English in /d that was worth reading in the last week. 

The vast majority of chat is gg ez or hackusations. 

It's a blessing that Russian text is unreadable. I can't imagine much of what is said is worth reading. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2019 at 3:55 PM, Ydiss said:

I can count on one hand the number of things I've seen said in English in /d that was worth reading in the last week. 

The vast majority of chat is gg ez or hackusations. 

It's a blessing that Russian text is unreadable. I can't imagine much of what is said is worth reading. 

Understanding russian for intelligent person is a curse. If you see any russian text it's nothing but a swearing on mothers, hackusation and other most annoying things in this game you can imagine. Any other game. They're simply always behave like savages and have no understanding how to be normal person, express opinions, resolve conflicts ect.

I have my district turned off since I simply can not stand this. I support idea of isolating chat, because  i would like to read english, not some autistic scratching. I can't "not read" chat, because my eyes always there. I look for mission notification, team messages. And so far the only solution for me to avoid my brain being poisoned by things they write is to turn off district chat.

Yes you can say english speaking person can be toxic as any russian or any other nation of the world. But believe me. If 1 out of 10 english speaking people is angry individual with questionable intelligence, then theres 1 out of 50 russians who aren't completely retаrded and you'll probably never even know he's russian.

So it heppened I can understand russian and this is something I would pay money to wipe it out of my mind.

Edited by Soundwave2142
  • Thanks 1