Sign in to follow this  
Alani

This 'RIOT' thing better not kill apb much less cause more irritation

like for real.

i know what happened to fortnite after the battle royale shit took off and i dont want that to happen with this game.

and i wont be surprised if someone goes around saying "I HOPE U GET CUSTOMIZABLE SHIT FROM THIS GAME MODE"

because locking customization items or weapons behind a season pass or through progression through a limited time event is a 'great idea' /s

Seasonal clothing and shit is fine, but when you start locking regular shit behind a fucking paywall/special mode it just tells you to find a new game rather than attempt to waste your time trying to unlock shit.

Us normal people who have to work all fucking day and are in charge of man children and then have to spend 18 hours a  day fixing their shit because they can't handle a simple task of 'FOLLOW THE SOP' dont get the time to grind for these stupid events. i have no idea what is wrong with the stupid culture now of 'U HAVE TO SPEND YOUR ENTIRE 2 FREE DAYS DOING THIS EVENT TO UNLOCK XX.'

im not a fucking kid who gets done with school at 1400 every day. I work for a living and when uncle fuck boy wants to send me to some desert nation where I get shit on for 6 months to 9 I don't have any sort of free time.

Yeah, don't fucking cater to my needs, but for fucks sake at least don't pull a shitbag move and say 'YOU CAN UNLOCK X IF YOU DO THE EVENT AND COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING TASKS'

So many stupid games have these stupid season passes and I simply don't even bother with them because of this stupid time limit requirement bullshoot.

TL;DR

Before you start doing this stupid game/season/battle pass bullshoot come up with alternatives to unlocking shit because some of us poor fucks don't have the free time to unlock stupid shit or bother with weird game modes that bring my attention for 2 hours and I'm done with it forever.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alani said:

like for real.

i know what happened to fortnite after the battle royale shit took off and i dont want that to happen with this game.

and i wont be surprised if someone goes around saying "I HOPE U GET CUSTOMIZABLE SHIT FROM THIS GAME MODE"

because locking customization items or weapons behind a season pass or through progression through a limited time event is a 'great idea' /s

Seasonal clothing and shit is fine, but when you start locking regular shit behind a fucking paywall/special mode it just tells you to find a new game rather than attempt to waste your time trying to unlock shit.

Us normal people who have to work all fucking day and are in charge of man children and then have to spend 18 hours a  day fixing their shit because they can't handle a simple task of 'FOLLOW THE SOP' dont get the time to grind for these stupid events. i have no idea what is wrong with the stupid culture now of 'U HAVE TO SPEND YOUR ENTIRE 2 FREE DAYS DOING THIS EVENT TO UNLOCK XX.'

im not a fucking kid who gets done with school at 1400 every day. I work for a living and when uncle fuck boy wants to send me to some desert nation where I get shit on for 6 months to 9 I don't have any sort of free time.

Yeah, don't fucking cater to my needs, but for fucks sake at least don't pull a shitbag move and say 'YOU CAN UNLOCK X IF YOU DO THE EVENT AND COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING TASKS'

So many stupid games have these stupid season passes and I simply don't even bother with them because of this stupid time limit requirement bullshoot.

TL;DR

Before you start doing this stupid game/season/battle pass bullshoot come up with alternatives to unlocking shit because some of us poor fucks don't have the free time to unlock stupid shit or bother with weird game modes that bring my attention for 2 hours and I'm done with it forever.

The whole concept of not being able to use your own weapons kills the Armas idea, why buy weapons when you can't even use them in Riot Mode, (yes, you can buy your loadout, but that is if you get enough money and survive enough to do so.)
So, players who have been playing for years, spending money on weapons see their money waster in RIOT, and newbies will just not buy anything because RIOT makes you pick up random weapons.

iirc they've said that riot unlocks will be available on armas at a later date, the mode is intended to be an avenue for free players to get paid content without paying

10 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

iirc they've said that riot unlocks will be available on armas at a later date, the mode is intended to be an avenue for free players to get paid content without paying

g1 said the engine upgrade would be available at a later date too.

1 minute ago, Alani said:

g1 said a lot of things

I'm more worried about it not increasing the population but instead splitting up what little population we have no Jericho even more.

• Thanks 1

Don't worry. APB won't die from RIOT. It'll get closer but it won't die until Engine Upgrade kicks in.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

The whole concept of not being able to use your own weapons kills the Armas idea, why buy weapons when you can't even use them in Riot Mode, (yes, you can buy your loadout, but that is if you get enough money and survive enough to do so.)
So, players who have been playing for years, spending money on weapons see their money waster in RIOT, and newbies will just not buy anything because RIOT makes you pick up random weapons.

How hard is it to unlock your loadout?

1 hour ago, Alani said:

like for real.

TL;DR

RIOT's season pass works differently than what other BR-games made us get accustomed to. Simply because we will be levelling up contacts, not drive X amount of meters in a vehicle or do this much damage with an assault rifle like Ring of Elysium would make you do.

With reference to https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/4/19/riot-rundown:

1 » "We also wanted a Season system that encourages players to play within the time-frame, gaining unique benefits throughout the season, while also allowing new players who missed previous seasons to still gain the same rewards. "

2 » "Players who enter RIOT at any point in the future will start at the season one."

3 » "In order to allow us to have a single contact stretch multiple seasons in an interesting way, we are introducing Contact Prestige to the game. "Prestiging" a contact costs APB$ and/or Joker Tickets. Doing so will increment their Season, resetting their standing and showing the next series of rewards."

-----------------------------------------

With these things said, you have all the time in the world. Nothing to worry about here since you would progress through seasons at your own pace.

1 hour ago, Lily Rain said:

RIOT's season pass works differently than what other BR-games made us get accustomed to. Simply because we will be levelling up contacts, not drive X amount of meters in a vehicle or do this much damage with an assault rifle like Ring of Elysium would make you do.

With reference to https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/4/19/riot-rundown:

1 » "We also wanted a Season system that encourages players to play within the time-frame, gaining unique benefits throughout the season, while also allowing new players who missed previous seasons to still gain the same rewards. "

2 » "Players who enter RIOT at any point in the future will start at the season one."

3 » "In order to allow us to have a single contact stretch multiple seasons in an interesting way, we are introducing Contact Prestige to the game. "Prestiging" a contact costs APB$ and/or Joker Tickets. Doing so will increment their Season, resetting their standing and showing the next series of rewards."

-----------------------------------------

With these things said, you have all the time in the world. Nothing to worry about here since you would progress through seasons at your own pace.

and what about the people who dont have the time or bother to play a new game mode that doesnt interest them?

i dont really care that the game acts like its not battle royale when it is battle royale

now if it was a faction vs faction thing i would be interested, but this mode is just squad based bullshoot that every battle royale game offers. nothing new except using apb mechanics

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

How hard is it to unlock your loadout?

We don't know yet, but if it's too easy, why even bother in starting with only a pistol and having random weapon pick ups around?

29 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

We don't know yet, but if it's too easy, why even bother in starting with only a pistol and having random weapon pick ups around?

Maybe we should wait til we know what we are talking about before we talk about it. 

22 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Maybe we should wait til we know what we are talking about before we talk about it. 

🙂❤️

3 hours ago, Alani said:

like for real.

TL;DR

Before talk just wait, you don't even know how it will be, you can't say that, sorry.

9 hours ago, Alani said:

and what about the people who dont have the time or bother to play a new game mode that doesnt interest them?

i dont really care that the game acts like its not battle royale when it is battle royale

now if it was a faction vs faction thing i would be interested, but this mode is just squad based bullshoot that every battle royale game offers. nothing new except using apb mechanics

They don't have to. Riot is its own thing, just like fightclub. Additionally, riot-rewards can later be purchased from ARMAS (They also shouldn't be upset about things that don't interest them nor affect them, especially on public forums).

I find that hard to believe since you are here crying about something you don't fully understand (nor care about, I wonder why you are here). It was stated before that Riot is APB's own twist of battle royale. It never pretended not to be.

Quoting from MattScott himself:

1 » "For those that don't enjoy Battle Royale style games, then this likely wont be for you".

2 » "This mode has undergone lots of changes during development and testing. Some of the territory control elements have been changed. We still want to introduce those mechanics, but it's more important to launch with something simple and fun before we add anything else. Our hope is that each season we can change one central gameplay element to keep the mode fresh".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I highly encourage you to keep up with what is being said and wait for the public playtest before speaking further incorrect nonsense.

9 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

I find that hard to believe since you are here crying about something you don't fully understand (nor care about, I wonder why you are here). It was stated before that Riot is APB's own twist of battle royale. It never pretended not to be.

ignoring the really dumb colored text...

they have been preaching this isnt battle royale for the last month and a half they keep teasing this game mode

the ceo even went around claiming it wasnt battle royale. suddenly its all about how its 'battle royale but different'

10/10

and introducing a 'premium' like thing to one specific game mode is a literal red flag. idk why people think its ok lmao

20 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

when enough information is known, it's fair to make assumptions

Though in this case we literally have no idea how much cash it'll take, or how long that'll take to gather

1 hour ago, Lily Rain said:

I am sorry, but you are simply ret@rded.

all the way back to the kempington Q&A its been emphasized that the new mode/riot would not be battle royale, it would just have some similarities 

but it keeps coming up pretty textbook battle royale 

while i don’t really have a problem with this or the new mode, it’s a bit silly to pretend otherwise when all the posts are still on the forums and on discord to see

51 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

all the way back to the kempington Q&A its been emphasized that the new mode/riot would not be battle royale, it would just have some similarities 

but it keeps coming up pretty textbook battle royale 

while i don’t really have a problem with this or the new mode, it’s a bit silly to pretend otherwise when all the posts are still on the forums and on discord to see

"Textbook" doesn't include severely time-limited-rewards per season as OP is worried about. While the goal is to be the last squad alive, he can still progress through the RIOT-contact at his own pace. But he also stated that he doesn't want Battle Royale altogether, so he can also at a later date purchase things from ARMAS instead of playing the game-mode that he has no time for.

I don't see why he is over-concerned.

Really don't care about RIOT since seeing the rundown. Any type of BR inspired modes annoy me. EU4 will only make me come back to the game. Hopefully, it comes with much needed simple fixes and more balance after. Every company is a bit late to their own BR style train. It's the bane of games now. TLDR. Adding more bloat to APB won't add to killing it. Just keep people away.

On 4/21/2019 at 2:51 PM, Alani said:

This is not g1 this is Little Orbit though....

23 minutes ago, RandomCatface said:

EU4 

you do know the update to unreal engine 4 is years away right?

Sign in to follow this