Sign in to follow this  
Snakeyio

APB's Chat UI Quality

Hello there,

We all know that APB's chat including user Interface (UI) are annoying, and look terrible. I am here to suggest an improvement to the chat's design and features. 

I will begin from here:

1. Control: an option to change the chat's, alphabet size, and to disable it completely from the screen. Within that being said, leave the important messages from system, and rewards on a separate box. On top-left or any where the player desires.

Disabling whispers, also disables anyone from whispering. For ex, this player has disabled whispering and you cannot whisper them.

2. Better Design: Make the design of the current chat UI look more futuristic, and as cool as your new APB:Reloaded website.

3. Animated Texts: Make the chat look more interesting, less annoying, stylish. Add specific animations for each type of the chat text. Not just that, but the user can pick their favorite animation specifically.

4. Floating Chat: Give us the ability to drag and place the chat box to where we want.

5. Emojis: Wouldn't it be so cool to have Emojis for winning, losing and taunting or joking? imagine! 😍

That's what I hope we can get in the future. If you see something wrong with the suggestion, please give me a solution and a better suggestion.

Edited by Snakeyio

Some good suggestions there, though to be honest it isn't just the chat that needs a rework but the entire UI. 
Inventory management is terrible, the menus are worse, the style is simply outdated and lacks customization. 

• Like 1

thread I made on changes I believe should be done to the UI and HUD, check it out: ( shameless necromancing )

I wouldn't remove whispers. True, they are annoying to look at especially when people use them to rage, call names or tell you their father is Matthew Scott and he'll ban your account. 

I use whispers to settle deals while trading, chat with other players... It's far too useful to get removed.

Emojis. Sure, a lot of games have them, and a lot of people like them, but they should be added as a toggle switch just in case you don't like your ascii faces turned into cheesy icons.

Dragging around the chat, hiding it, hiding/ignoring certain chat channels (from whispers to yells, district chat...), setting the transparency of its background, switching around the colors of each channel... These are changes that should already exist in the current game.

Edited by _chain
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Basih said:

Some good suggestions there, though to be honest it isn't just the chat that needs a rework but the entire UI. 
Inventory management is terrible, the menus are worse, the style is simply outdated and lacks customization. 

Yeah, I am tired of the current UI its so sluggish. I agree with you, but I had to create this topic about the chat specifically. You can try creating your own, it will be better.

1 hour ago, _chain said:

thread I made on changes I believe should be done to the UI and HUD, check it out: ( shameless necromancing )

I wouldn't remove whispers. True, they are annoying to look at especially when people use them to rage, call names or tell you their father is Matthew Scott and he'll ban your account. 

I use whispers to settle deals while trading, chat with other players... It's far too useful to get removed.

Emojis. Sure, a lot of games have them, and a lot of people like them, but they should be added as a toggle switch just in case you don't like your ascii faces turned into cheesy icons.

Dragging around the chat, hiding it, hiding/ignoring certain chat channels (from whispers to yells, district chat...), setting the transparency of its background, switching around the colors of each channel... These are changes that should already exist in the current game.

The removal of whispers is optional in case of getting a lot of unwanted whispers. Your friends only can whisper you. Is that better? what you think.

I agree with this toggle switch emojis.

Yeah, hopefully LO will have a surprise for us after they release the Engine Upgrade. Better chat UI and overall.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Snakeyio said:

Your friends only can whisper you. Is that better? what you think.

If the friends list had no limit that would be even better.

• Like 1

1. Agree

Disabling whispers no, i would make an option for you to can take it off so no others can whisper you except friends or GM's.

2. Agree

3. I don't know, this seems to be a bit esagerated, like.. you need to pay attention to the game not to the game chat

4. Agree but not only for that, the possibility to customzie the HUD how you prefer, the entire UI

5. Honestly, i can't imagine, isn't facebook or instagram or whatsapp, it's just a videogame

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

1. Agree

Disabling whispers no, i would make an option for you to can take it off so no others can whisper you except friends or GM's.

2. Agree

3. I don't know, this seems to be a bit esagerated, like.. you need to pay attention to the game not to the game chat

4. Agree but not only for that, the possibility to customzie the HUD how you prefer, the entire UI

5. Honestly, i can't imagine, isn't facebook or instagram or whatsapp, it's just a videogame

3. Some players don't pay attention to their teammates in the chat, this would be helpful!

4. Yeah, but I made this topic specifically for the Chat UI.

5. I know, but some players would love saying GG or good job 👍 for example. Let's say you can switch them off.