2 hours ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Yes, for a reason you want that and is not fair. Not everyone uses your third party software to add stuff to apb...

If any of that is not that good, why would you create a thread to ask for it in first place?

how would an auto sprint contribute to more sprint shooters? it’s the same as someone who holds their key down 24/7, the only thing it will contribute to is less wear and tear on your keyboard

50 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

An overlay from something like Mumble does not touch the game files in anyway. There are many monitors on the market that have this overlay feature built in. The logic of banning such is not far from saying we should ban gaming mice or keyboards cause they give an unfair advantage. It doesn't touch the game files, doesn't counter recoil like some scripts do, doesn't act like a trigger bot. How is giving someone a better point to focus on a big deal.

It's more of a red herring. Using "third party" software like that gives someone an excuse that can't be readily proved/disproved if they were to get flagged for an actual cheat.

There's countless posts on forums about people getting banned by anti-cheats and using mumble/overwolf as an excuse. Luckily some companies with their own in-house cheat can disprove the claim since they know what's being flagged.

Realistically there's no reason you need an overlay crosshair or to know who's talking in your tiny mumble/teamspeak/discord while playing a game.

Though like people have said, just wait. They're gonna be running things against BE and whatever else they may have in-house to see if it works.

Edited by TheAceNinja

19 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

It's more of a red herring. Using "third party" software like that gives someone an excuse that can't be readily proved/disproved if they were to get flagged for an actual cheat.

There's countless posts on forums about people getting banned by anti-cheats and using mumble/overwolf as an excuse. Luckily some companies with their own in-house cheat can disprove the claim since they know what's being flagged.

Realistically there's no reason you need an overlay crosshair or to know who's talking in your tiny mumble/teamspeak/discord while playing a game.

Though like people have said, just wait. They're gonna be running things against BE and whatever else they may have in-house to see if it works.

Yeah Battle Eye themselves stated that Mumble was fine, so there goes that slippery slope idea.

No need to have a gaming mouse, we should also ban all those cause you don't NEED one. 2 button mouse from 1998 is all you need, also that HD monitor is not needed so yeah ban for having a resolution over 400x600.

None of this interferes or interacts with the game so banning someone cause of it is just lazy.

2 hours ago, Luminesca said:

Must be true because someone on the internet said so.

k

I've tested the game with and without the fix and there's definitely a slight difference in responsiveness. Many people try claiming that it's a placebo but it's not. I did some flicking tests, micro adjustment tests and without the fix my mouse input felt clunky, my flicks were often too short or I was flicking too much while as soon as mouse fix was installed everything felt natural and responsive again. Many of my friends who use the mouse fix say the same that it's still working.

I feel like G1 might have tried to fix it in the past but imo the internal smoothing is still present and that's why the input without the fix feels so clunky. There's definitely something in the game messing with it without the fix.

Additionally to any people claiming that changes in the config do nothing. You need to divide your sensitivity after applying the fix or your sens will be super fast so the game definitely is still using BaseInput.ini to determine how the mouse input is working. Also mouse smoothing is enabled in BaseInput.ini by default even if the box in the game is unchecked.

Edited by Thial

4 minutes ago, Thial said:

I've tested the game with and without the fix and there's definitely a slight difference in responsiveness. Many people try claiming that it's a placebo but it's not. I did some flicking tests, micro adjustment tests and without the fix my mouse input felt clunky, my flicks were often too short or I was flicking too much while as soon as mouse fix was installed everything felt natural and responsive again. Many of my friends who use the mouse fix say the same that it's still working.

I feel like G1 might have tried to fix it in the past but imo the internal smoothing is still present and that's why the input without the fix feels so clunky. There's definitely something in the game messing with it without the fix.

still not understanding how the placebo effect works i see

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

still not understanding how the placebo effect works i see

did you actually test it recently or all you can do is make edgy comments ?

1 hour ago, Archon said:

No. Just no, I hate that people bend the rules with crosshairs and macros. How about you just play the game like you're supposed to

nah man i play 250% better with another crosshair. mayb 300%.

49 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

well imo apb's crosshair is just awful. it's not really an advantage more a QoL change.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmptyPillow said:

well imo apb's crosshair is just awful. it's not really an advantage more a QoL change.

100% agree. Best example being, go play csgo with some gigantic dynamic crosshair and then change it to a tiny static one, the difference in accuracy is tremendous.

Edited by Thial
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thial said:

did you actually test it recently or all you can do is make edgy comments ?

i didn’t realize the truth was edgy these days

cant keep up with the newfangled trends

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i didn’t realize the truth was edgy these days

cant keep up with the newfangled trends

let me ask you again since you deliberately skipped the most important part of my post. Did you test it recently ? Because somehow all of you people who know it the best and are not using it claim that it's not working but everyone who is actively using it or tested it claims that there is a slight difference and without the fix the mouse input feels off. Must be a mass hallucination. 

Edited by Thial

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

how would an auto sprint contribute to more sprint shooters? it’s the same as someone who holds their key down 24/7, the only thing it will contribute to is less wear and tear on your keyboard

Hold the shift like everyone else. Ive been doing it for years and nothing happens.

These kids want to play without doing anything, in some cases not even aiming... lets stop that.

Get some calcium if you have issues with pressing a single keyboard buttong, my god.

Just now, Thial said:

let me ask you again since you deliberately skipped the most important part of my post. Did you test it recently ?

why would i need to test it to know that it has no effect? it stopped working years ago

5 hours ago, EmptyPillow said:

So after battleye is implemented, can we use these things (untill implemented in-game)?

-Hold to crouch

-Toggle sprint

-Mouse fix

-Overwolf/mumble  custom crosshairs

Pretty crucial things imo.

-Hold to crouch > is a text edit, shouldn't be disallowed.

-Toggle sprint > is a text edit, shouldn't be disallowed.

-Mouse fix > is a text edit, shouldn't be disallowed.

-Overwolf/mumble  custom crosshairs >  this they want to implement in the game better, so you can choose your style of crosshair and color. (to a certain degree) and this method is an overlay which is current not disallowed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SelttikS said:

Yeah Battle Eye themselves stated that Mumble was fine, so there goes that slippery slope idea.

No need to have a gaming mouse, we should also ban all those cause you don't NEED one. 2 button mouse from 1998 is all you need, also that HD monitor is not needed so yeah ban for having a resolution over 400x600.

None of this interferes or interacts with the game so banning someone cause of it is just lazy.

First off, if you're gonna try and be sarcastic, at least develope basic reading comprehension.

Second, mumble and overwolf were 100% allowed through PB and people still tried to use it as an excuse as to why they got banned. Just because something is allowed doesn't mean people won't lie about excuses.

And this goes towards any/all edits and changes someone does to their game and overlay, not just a crosshair.

There's a reason Matt said not to edit any files or even really use the advanced launcher until they can fully test it and make sure there is no chance of a false flag.

Edited by TheAceNinja

10 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

-Hold to crouch > is a text edit, shouldn't be disallowed.

-Toggle sprint > is a text edit, shouldn't be disallowed.

-Mouse fix > is a text edit, shouldn't be disallowed.

-Overwolf/mumble  custom crosshairs >  this they want to implement in the game better, so you can choose your style of crosshair and color. (to a certain degree) and this method is an overlay which is current not disallowed.

If we want to get real technical, you can easily create aimbots and triggerbots, or even anti-recoil scripts on just about every single gaming mouse with a simple text editor and lua. 

Just because those are simple text edits doesn't mean more nefarious things couldn't be done. Let's just hope they add the option for sprint and crouch since it's super common in games these days.

These custom crosshairs allows you to have it at all times, when its removed when spriting and from marksman with high magnification for a reason. Oscar users on ice are a pain because of this, everyone knows that and all requested in this thread if pointing to THAT.

If they are going to allow it, then weapons like these will seriously need a fix (and i think they already need it).

The times i abuse it its funny to see legit players missing most their bullets.

EDIT: stop acting like its an innocent change only because they are new and do not know whats going on with this stuff... its pathetic.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

3 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

If we want to get real technical, you can easily create aimbots and triggerbots, or even anti-recoil scripts on just about every single gaming mouse with a simple text editor and lua. 

Just because those are simple text edits doesn't mean more nefarious things couldn't be done. Let's just hope they add the option for sprint and crouch since it's super common in games these days.

This probably what I meant with my post, but you just kind of explained it. But you can create any sort of cheating without a client sided anticheat.

2 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

These custom crosshairs allows you to have it at all times, when its removed when spriting and from marksman with high magnification for a reason. Oscar users on ice are a pain because of this, everyone knows that and all requested in this thread if pointing to THAT.

If they are going to allow it, then weapons like these will seriously need a fix (and i think they already need it).

They already sort of solved this for a bit though, with the introduction of changes to the movement. It is mainly why Oscar users are on ice is because of the silly animation's you aren't used to. You can't track them properly. But that goes for a lot of stuff in the game as they animation, nor ping/optimization is not there.

Edited by KyoukiDotExe

1 minute ago, LuzExtinguido said:

since when does swapping hands alter your hit box?

the only instance i can think of is if you are ADS and leaning it would switch the lean sides

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the only instance i can think of is if you are ADS and leaning it would switch the lean sides

It creates desync, just like in every other game. If you do not suffer of high ping you will barely notice it.

Edit: i mean high ping 100ms+.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

Animations.

Just now, LuzExtinguido said:

It creates desync, just like in every other game. If you do not suffer of high ping you will barely notice it.

No, the animation is not smooth.

1 minute ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Animations.

what does the animation matter, just shoot the guy doing the disco

Just now, KyoukiDotExe said:

Animations.

I tested it with a friend... and indeed works. Anyone can try that trick and abuse it. See how people will start missing bullets because your character and the hit box wont sync because of ping.

The faster the movements the more desync there is. I have told this multiple times and ive been allways mocked, even by people who are trying to "help" with the game.

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

what does the animation matter, just shoot the guy doing the disco

If it would that easy then i wouldnt be here complaining about that. They absorb all the bullets... and if they are speedhacking its even worst.

EDIT: sometimes it happened that i killed a guy doing this aiming* to an invisible box, and he was a body apart of that box. I know how it works and i can mostly deal around with it. They know how it works and try to do it, but they get killed because i also know how it works.

Edited by LuzExtinguido

2 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

I tested it with a friend... and indeed works. Anyone can try that trick and abuse it. See how people will start missing bullets because your character and the hit box wont sync because of ping.

The faster the movements the more desync there is. I have told this multiple times and ive been allways mocked, even by people who are trying to "help" with the game.

Then by that logic means that if oyu get a weapon with CJ3 you'll desync? That's not the cause.

1 minute ago, LuzExtinguido said:

If it would that easy then i wouldnt be here complaining about that. They absorb all the bullets... and if they are speedhacking its even worst.

Now speedhacking is an actual desync thing since you manipulate the timing in the client and the server seeing that change. You are changing the tickrate.