On 6/3/2018 at 5:57 PM, EmptyPillow said:

So after battleye is implemented, can we use these things (untill implemented in-game)?

-Hold to crouch

-Toggle sprint

-Mouse fix

-Overwolf/mumble  custom crosshairs

Pretty crucial things imo.

Toggle sprint - no

Mouse fix - yes

custom crosshairs - yes why not

hold to crouch - no, gitgud scrubs, srsly

2 minutes ago, Similarities said:

Well, theoretically they could if they have an input handler that networks every button you press, but realistically there's no reason to do this and it'd take up lots of bandwidth, especially logging all of this stuff, it'd produce an unnecessary stress on the server (yes, a single person might not be a lot to log or network, but when you have 600-1500 people on one server at a time, all pressing buttons and sending/logging it on the server, it starts to get messy), most of the time they don't know what you're pressing because they have no reason to know, so it's theoretically possible but in practice it's not effective.

Thank you for explaining that. Makes sense.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, EmptyPillow said:

hey uh could you name 1 other shooter where you can NOT choose toggle and hold for crouching / sprinting?

it's for the devs to implement. Everyone else not using your "modification" is in a disadvantage ...

5 minutes ago, striker891 said:

it's for the devs to implement. Everyone else not using your "modification" is in a disadvantage ...

Everyone playing on a cheap mouse and monitor is at a disadvantage as well. That shouldn't mean that everyone has to use a 10 inch black and white cathode monitor and a two button mouse from the 90s.

6 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

Everyone playing on a cheap mouse and monitor is at a disadvantage as well. That shouldn't mean that everyone has to use a 10 inch black and white cathode monitor and a two button mouse from the 90s.

Thats honestly not true.

8 minutes ago, SelttikS said:

sorry but thats false, there are things the devs have intended the game to play, and your crappy B/W monitor surely isn't it's not the devs fault if you can't get proper hardware. But what the devs coded is the way they wan't you to play unless it's exploits caused by unwanted features/bugs. 

On 6/3/2018 at 12:17 PM, LuzExtinguido said:

Pls dont allow this, we gona get sprintshoters everywhere...

Um, that was patched out a long, long, LONG, time ago.

6 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

sorry but thats false, there are things the devs have intended the game to play, and your crappy B/W monitor surely isn't it's not the devs fault if you can't get proper hardware. But what the devs coded is the way they wan't you to play unless it's exploits caused by unwanted features/bugs. 

And that would be a computer from 2010. Which by most standards would be a turtle. So running windows 7 on that cutting edge Core2Duo with 4gb of ram and omg the latest directX 9.0c! Don't forget that video card with 256mb of ram!

Devs don't account for everything and as long as it is not interfering with the gameplay why cry about it so much. Did the devs ever care to take into consideration color blind people? Nope! And that is really shit in a game where its is just Red vs Green.

22 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

there's a reason those settings aren't hard coded into the game and a settings file 'ini' exists.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

Um, that was patched out a long, long, LONG, time ago.

Still happening, for those with ping. Its never been fully fixed.

Plus on distance, is really hard to land bullets to such insane movement. They dont even need to marksman, completly broken feature.

I'm not asking for opinions, I'm asking if these things will be allowed after Battleye.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EmptyPillow said:

I'm not asking for opinions, I'm asking if these things will be allowed after Battleye.

The first 3 are config ini edits. Your config is changed all the time and BE shouldn't be alarmed with those. Developers can lock down any settings they do not want you to change. Since you can still change them I don't see why they would be bannable. If they really don't want you to do those things, they'd be locked.

Third party programs should be fine unless BattlEye specifically says not to use them. Mumble and Overwolf are legitimate third party programs used by many people who play BE protected games.

Send a support ticket to BattlEye and ask them directly. They will tell you and then you will know for sure.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, LaQuandra said:

The first 3 are config ini edits. Your config is changed all the time and BE shouldn't be alarmed with those. Developers can lock down any settings they do not want you to change. Since you can still change them I don't see why they would be bannable. If they really don't want you to do those things, they'd be locked.

Third party programs should be fine unless BattlEye specifically says not to use them. Mumble and Overwolf are legitimate third party programs used by many people who play BE protected games.

Send a support ticket to BattlEye and ask them directly. They will tell you and then you will know for sure.

Thanks alot. That is what I was looking for 😛

1 hour ago, SelttikS said:

thats not even a valid comparisson. Everyone can buy whatever monitor and mouse he feels comfortable with. But with modifying the game files you do something that wasn't intended you should be doing. So a) would want to risk a ban by doing something thats not intended b) player would've to change gamefiles and might not feel comfortable with it c) could have unwanted side effects as it's not intended.

I could widen your comparison to cheats, but I guess you see where that is going...

Make a Suggestion. Lot of poeple will back it and little orbit will see to add it to the game. The official way.

Edited by striker891

Just now, striker891 said:

thats not even a valid comparisson. Everyone can buy whatever monitor and mouse he feels comfortable with. But with modifying the game files you do something that wasn't intended you should be doing. So a) would want to risk a ban by doing something thats not intended b) player would've to change gamefiles and might not feel comfortable with.

I could widen your comparison to cheats, but I guess you see where that is goin...

Good thing Battleye has a better understanding of it than you do.

18 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

1. Changing game files through a text-editor is pretty alarming to BE and other programs that might check them for additions. Gamersfirst NEVER APPROVED of modifications to the game files by the way and such actions were ALWAYS PRONE TO BAN.

2. Third party programs were never fine, not in G1 APB, and not for Battleye

3. Battleye is usually not answering such requests in a useful manner.

What you have written there is the roadmap to a banned copy of ArmA3, and i doubt it'll be much better on APB.

Just wait for LO to make an announcement, and be very careful with overlays and other 3rd party plugins and programs.

Edited by Sniperturtle

Just for giggles and shits I will leave this little piece of data here..

We do not and never have banned for Mumble. Please do not believe what random people (especially hack creators) claim about BE on the internet.

Regards,
Bastian Suter
BattlEye Innovations"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sniperturtle said:

1. Changing game files through a text-editor is pretty alarming to BE and other programs that might check them for additions. Gamersfirst NEVER APPROVED of modifications to the game files by the way and such actions were ALWAYS PRONE TO BAN.

2. Third party programs were never fine, not in G1 APB, and not for Battleye

3. Battleye is usually not answering such requests in a useful manner.

What you have written there is the roadmap to a banned copy of ArmA3, and i doubt it'll be much better on APB.

Just wait for LO to make an announcement, and be very careful with overlays and other 3rd party plugins and programs.

1. You realize when you change your key bindings it changes that ini file correct? What difference does it make if you change it in game or through the text editor. it's the same thing.

2. Really? So I can only play the game and have nothing else running? 

3. Wrong. Send them a support ticket with specific questions. They will answer them. Why wouldn't they?

Many programs hook into games for people to capture. Streamers use overlays all the time. LO cannot even say for sure what BE will pick up and what it won't. They cannot test every obscure program that people use for legitimate purposes.

11 hours ago, LaQuandra said:

-snip-

Those are the rules, cross at your own peril.

15 hours ago, PayTM said:

there's a reason those settings aren't hard coded into the game and a settings file 'ini' exists.

and there is also a reason why some of these values are not adjustable by the GUI, because they are not usuually supposed to be changed by the user

5 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

and there is also a reason why some of these values are not adjustable by the GUI, because they are not usuually supposed to be changed by the user

kinda don't agree with you here, ini edits are common in pretty much every online game i've played. only see people complain about it here.

like seriously guys, does it matter if you hold a button to sprint or toggle it? personally I never tweaked it since I'm used to the default configuration but it never bothered me nor I think it should bother anyone, it's just a matter of preference.

5 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

You are incorrect. The developer can lock anything in the ini file to be edited. I've played games were the key bindings cannot be in change in the GUI and if you go to the ini edit, you're unable to change the key bindings there as well. If it's in the ini, it can be altered. If they really didn't want you to alter it, they'd lock it. Seems pretty simple to me.

Just now, LaQuandra said:

You are incorrect. The developer can lock anything in the ini file to be edited. I've played games were the key bindings cannot be in change in the GUI and if you go to the ini edit, you're unable to change the key bindings there as well. If it's in the ini, it can be altered. If they really didn't want you to alter it, they'd lock it. Seems pretty simple to me.

This, and, the game will automatically overwrite some variables in your config files every time you open the game, regardless of if you manually set them to something else, for example, if you change PurgeLogDays, PurgeLogDaysUser, or SplitServerLogAfter in APBEngine.ini, it just overwrites them with the default values upon game launch.

Source: Me trying to make the log files split faster because 512mb for a log to split is insane and part of why the game stutters so darn much.