1 hour ago, Deadliest said:

your argument here is it gives an advantage because people don't have access to it even though you can easily google overwolf gaming utility and download the app. 

Now I'm not here to convince people to use an overlay. My argument is it doesn't give an advantage, increasing the player's accuracy with an overlay crosshair. 

If an overlay doesnt give an advantage then why bother using it?

The current purpose of using a crosshair overlay in APB is to keep focus on the center of your screen and crosshair in a firefight, thus improving accuracy and mouse placement.

Simply being APB's crosshair is very bland and easy to lose focus on, not to mention it disappearing when sprinting or the misleading camera view vs actual crosshair placement.

If there was crosshair customization for everyone ingame there would be no issues. Trying to say there is no advantage for example using an oscar sprint shooting with a center dot overlay is the same as someone who doesn't use it is ridiculous.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, iPlumbum said:

If an overlay doesnt give an advantage then why bother using it?

Probably because it comes by default with certain graphics drivers :v (every AMD driver comes with the Radeon overlay since December 2017). But having such an overlay is nice because you can monitor plenty of things, and even adjust your display colors on the go.

Edited by RubyGee

9 hours ago, EmptyPillow said:

So after battleye is implemented, can we use these things (untill implemented in-game)?

-Hold to crouch

-Toggle sprint

-Mouse fix

-Overwolf/mumble  custom crosshairs

Pretty crucial things imo.

Idk if anybody else had mentioned thus but Overwolf have stated they're in contact with the makers of the Ultimate Crosshair and they're going to try and make it an official app so it won't be bannable

54 minutes ago, RubyGee said:

Probably because it comes by default with certain graphics drivers :v (every AMD driver comes with the Radeon overlay since December 2017). But having such an overlay is nice because you can monitor plenty of things, and even adjust your display colors on the go.

Crosshair overlay, not monitoring your GPU Temps and usage in an overlay.

Whats the ETA of that anti-cheat tho, really curious of how much time does it takes to migrate current FF with the Battle-eye.

u forget or dont know about anti recoil by add "axis alookup speed=-0.01" 
in apbinput.ini ?

Bindings=(Name="Fire",Command="Button bFire | StartFire | OnRelease StopFire | axis alookup speed=-0.01")

there should be no edit gamefile anymore . that the point of battleye

battleye = no more cheaters / fair for everyone

Edited by Janelle The Real MVP

42 minutes ago, Janelle The Real MVP said:

battleye = no more cheaters / fair for everyone

Just like any other anti-cheat, there will still be hackers. Hopefully this cuts down on the amount by a good margin though.

24 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

Just like any other anti-cheat, there will still be hackers. Hopefully this cuts down on the amount by a good margin though.

It should as its supposedly more effective then fail fight, plus with gms actually being in game and hopefully a decent hack det system to replace punkbuster (finally) the numbers should be drastically reduced.

No custom crosshairs please. It starts off with people bitching about custom crosshairs & then sooner or later those same people are trying to find loopholes to use their custom shaders to see players through smoke & other silly shit. We dealt with this once, please don't let it become a issue again.

Edited by Nysyth
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, TheAceNinja said:

you have no idea what ur talking about tho, since theres only cheaters in china in any other battleye game(h1z1,pubg,fortnite,dayz,ark) and they rebuy the game over and over every single day

8 minutes ago, niblyv said:

since theres only cheaters in china

Imagine being this ignorant. Holy hell. Lol

2 hours ago, TheAceNinja said:

Imagine being this ignorant. Holy hell. Lol

quite common knowledge that 46% of pubg players are from china and 99% of banned cheaters in pubg are chinese(where they buy the game for cheap as fuck cause steam regional pricing and get banned over and over), as of the latest #s from battleye, but hey, you're welcome to scour paid cheat websites and link a single one that supports a battleye game, ill wait

battleye games u should look for: pubg, h1z1, dayz, fortnite, r6 siege

just find a paid cheat for them dude, lmk how it goes for u

https://twitter.com/thebattleye/status/918734703183659008?lang=en

https://twitter.com/TheBattlEye/status/946407552778211328

https://twitter.com/TheBattlEye/status/960278229566226437

https://i.imgur.com/oWvfs3v.png

5 minutes ago, niblyv said:

quite common knowledge that 46% of pubg players are from china and 99% of banned cheaters in pubg are chinese(where they buy the game for cheap as fuck cause steam regional pricing and get banned over and over), as of the latest #s from battleye, but hey, you're welcome to scour paid cheat websites and link a single one that supports a battleye game, ill wait

How much of these are false bans? Stats don't say a thing to me.

15 minutes ago, niblyv said:

The vast majority is from china because PUBG is 50% Chinese players, that doesn't mean only people from China cheat?

This is not the case with fortnite, r6 or h1z1 either.

Also it's not hard to find cheats still.

Especially when it comes to PUBG there is a lot of ways to cheat without actually using a tool/injecting etc. /shrug

Every country cheats, not just China.. That's just how it is.

Edited by Tobii

8 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

How much of these are false bans? Stats don't say a thing to me.

Probably less than 5% (im guessing MAYBE JUST MAYBE 1% or less)

3 minutes ago, Thelnformer said:

Probably less than 5% (im guessing MAYBE JUST MAYBE 1% or less)

That I would like to know.

12 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

That I would like to know.

That you will never know.

And the few times they do let you know, it's usually rolled back because they know it's a false-positive wave.

9 hours ago, LuzExtinguido said:

And you forgot the others i mentioned. You are quick to forget...

The other day ive been facing a guy that could sprint and very quick fire while sprinting with his duck, he was probably using that famous dot in the center.

The whole point is that you can aim while sprinting, it gives you the advantage to have placed your crosshair on the enemy when there should be nothing there. People that uses this has the advantage to aim first over the ones that do not have it... its an advantage it doesnt matter how much you try to say otherwise.

It is an advantage in the right hands. Just like any other tool. If you want something like crosshair dots to be illegal, how will you enforce it? What program will allow LO to enforce someone drawing a dot in the middle of their monitor with a marker? 

Everyone wants a fair game, we can all agree fairness is great. But a crosshair dot is not a cheat or a hack, it is a tool. If we decided to have a competition to see who could screw in a bolt the quickest. If I bring out a drill, am I cheating or am I being smart. Maybe you should have forseen this and brought your own drill. And if you wanted to set rules, how would you enforce them? In this example it is simple because you can physically see my efforts. If you see me using a drill, you could disqualify me. But in an online game, things are not so simple. No one is stopping you from using a dot on your monitor except yourself.  

The point is, you should realize that players who use crosshair overlays are not cheating, they are utilizing their tools. They are not injecting programs into the game or modifying the memory of the game in any way. It is functionally equivalent to drawing a dot on the monitor with a marker. And if you chose not to use one, you will have to live with the fact that most other players will not care about what you think about their drawn on crosshair dot. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, speee said:

It is an advantage in the right hands. Just like any other tool. If you want something like crosshair dots to be illegal, how will you enforce it? What program will allow LO to enforce someone drawing a dot in the middle of their monitor with a marker? 

Everyone wants a fair game, we can all agree fairness is great. But a crosshair dot is not a cheat or a hack, it is a tool. If we decided to have a competition to see who could screw in a bolt the quickest. If I bring out a drill, am I cheating or am I being smart. Maybe you should have forseen this and brought your own drill. And if you wanted to set rules, how would you enforce them? In this example it is simple because you can physically see my efforts. If you see me using a drill, you could disqualify me. But in an online game, things are not so simple. No one is stopping you from using a dot on your monitor except yourself.  

The point is, you should realize that players who use crosshair overlays are not cheating, they are utilizing their tools. They are not injecting programs into the game or modifying the memory of the game in any way. It is functionally equivalent to drawing a dot on the monitor with a marker. And if you chose not to use one, you will have to live with the fact that most other players will not care about what you think about their drawn on crosshair dot. 

10/10 👏

1 hour ago, Tobii said:

The vast majority is from china because PUBG is 50% Chinese players, that doesn't mean only people from China cheat?

This is not the case with fortnite, r6 or h1z1 either.

Also it's not hard to find cheats still.

Especially when it comes to PUBG there is a lot of ways to cheat without actually using a tool/injecting etc. /shrug

Every country cheats, not just China.. That's just how it is.

I mean if you actually want to look into yourself you'll see what I'm saying is true, in the case of PUBG, I don't know about the other games but probably not because they aren't popular in china. The VAST MAJORITY, apparently 99% of cheaters banned in PUBG are from china. If only 50% of the game is from china and 99% of hackers are from china that means comparatively very few people not from china are hacking

go ahead and pm me purchasable cheats for any of the games I listed that aren't from some sketch kid charging $200+/month on unknown for "private hacks", u just wont be able too

battleye has beaten every single "mass sale" cheat website into submission

16 minutes ago, niblyv said:

I mean if you actually want to look into yourself you'll see what I'm saying is true, in the case of PUBG, I don't know about the other games but probably not because they aren't popular in china. The VAST MAJORITY, apparently 99% of cheaters banned in PUBG are from china. If only 50% of the game is from china and 99% of hackers are from china that means comparatively very few people not from china are hacking

go ahead and pm me purchasable cheats for any of the games I listed that aren't from some sketch kid charging $200+/month on unknown for "private hacks", u just wont be able too

battleye has beaten every single "mass sale" cheat website into submission

I am not going to PM you links to cheats.

I am not sure Lixil would approve one bit.

Just look up bossland though, then you can go from there.

1 hour ago, speee said:

Might I add the sheer amount of tools you can use to get a crosshair.

- Monitor (asus monitors have this for example, they are ugly and big but they do their job.)

- Abuse other Program Overlay's, you can do this with Mumble and other programs most likely.

- There are also specific tools that are designed mainly to do this.

- Dot on the monitor itself, sticky note?

People will find the way to get it on there, so you can't stop that. So increase the possibility to let players change their liking and style, it doesn't make anyone cheat or automatically better.

I've played BF1 over 365 hours, BF3 over 357 hours and they allow to customize the crosshair to your hearts desire in terms of colors and mouse feeling.

You can use raw input, or not if you use a custom setup. (mousefix)

You can use different sensitivity on each type of gun, oh you like to aim slower with sniper for pinpoint precision? Go ahead.

You can change the uniformity feel of every weapon to be precise.

APB:R Needs these things. They are not cheats, they don't give you instant boost in skill as you still need to aim properly and be able to track someone. On the topic of what APB needs is having smoother animations as well. That makes it easier for eyes to determine motion in characters. And there is probably plenty of more ideas.

Edit:

This is what BattlEye can see:

Q3CpfJR.png

Edited by KyoukiDotExe
Add info about BattlEye
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, speee said:

Is this suposed to be another excuse for people unable to play the game like is meant to be played?

Allways finding excuses, hiding truth and manipulating it, lying, the use of sweet words, etcs. to gain any kind of advantage over a fucking game... even the littlest of the advantages. How sick.

I already said that if it is add for everyone, then its okay. Anyways i think Matt will add something for everyone? (correct me if wrong) thats it, stop with fucking excuses because i do not care to read them.

EDIT: a tool pfff. Then what? "oh i downloaded this autoaim because i will never reach a gold level and i wanted to play in another level...", "i use a macro because my finger gets tired xDDDDDDDDDD, same as pressing shift... xD", """"""its only a tool""""""". And then anyone will find excuses to add 'tools' to their game. You guys are not true gamers... just wanted to say that.

2 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Have  you read any of what its been said here? The problem with these overlay crosshairs is that they are at all moments, the game removes it when you are sprinting. The game removes it when you use high magnification. There is a reason to be made like that... is not because i am evil and i think your custom crosshair is cheating.

i was about to type "your handicap custom crosshair"... lol

Edited by LuzExtinguido
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Is this suposed to be another excuse for people unable to play the game like is meant to be played?

Allways finding excuses, hiding truth and manipulating it, lying, the use of sweet words, etcs. to gain any kind of advantage over a fucking game... even the littlest of the advantages. How sick.

I already said that if it is add for everyone, then its okay. Anyways i think Matt will add something for everyone? (correct me if wrong) thats it, stop with fucking excuses because i do not care to read them.

EDIT: a tool pfff. Then what? "oh i downloaded this autoaim because i will never reach a gold level and i wanted to play in another level...", "i use a macro because my finger gets tired xDDDDDDDDDD, same as pressing shift... xD", """"""its only a tool""""""". And then anyone will find excuses to add 'tools' to their game. You guys are not true gamers... just wanted to say that.

Have  you read any of what its been said here? The problem with these overlay crosshairs is that they are at all moments, the game removes it when you are sprinting. The game removes it when you use high magnification. There is a reason to be made like that... is not because i am evil and i think your custom crosshair is cheating.

By something that should be there in the first place? Can't recall a reason why it removes the crosshair while sprinting anyways, this game hasn't seen design changes in over years. Doubt it's an intensional decision either way. I am not here to argue around wether it's wrong or "evil", if it were up to me and *disclaimer this is my opinion* it should be there for everyone, not just one person. I have never kept it a secret on what I use.

My information was about to educate people on what is possible, because there will be always be ways to still achieve the same desired effect. It used to be shaders, now it's tools outside the game's resources.