Lemureslayer

Idea for Enforcers to make money

One big complaint I've heard passed around is that there is no way for enforcers to make money without criminals around. Criminals have ram raiding, mugging, and chop shopping, which all make sense within the lore of the game, but there is no equivalent solo activity for enforcers. After scratching my brain for awhile, I've come up with an activity that I think is beneficial, lore friendly, and allows enforcers to make money if there are no criminals around.

In certain missions, enforcers are able to use a battering ram to search for evidence of a crime. This means that there is, within the capability of the game, a way for enforcers to break down doors, which even has an upgrade-able tool to speed up the activity. What if, in free roam, there were certain doors on the sides of buildings which had warrants posted on them. These doors would be able to be busted down by enforcers (using their battering rams) after which they would get some items of evidence. This evidence could be hard drives, cocaine bricks, or any other sort of item that could be evidence of a crime being committed.

Enforcers would only be break down doors with warrants on them, because the warrant gives them the legal ability to look for evidence without legal repercussions. After gathering evidence, they would be able to take it to the evidence lockup, just like they can do when they kill a criminal who is carrying small, medium, or large loot items. This means that enforcers would have a way of generating funds during times where the population is low, while still thwarting crimes by collecting evidence.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Tbh this is a really good Idea and I like it a lot 👍 make it so that just like when playing as a crim an enf can witness you as your committing crimes ( mugging, ram raiding ) it could be the other way around. the crim dont like the enforcers going around knocking down there stash spots confiscating all there drugs and stolen loot, you can spot the enforcers 💀

• Like 1

The fact some buildings have warrants and other's don't would make the police searches balanced and not overly used.

However dirty money cash might want to be raised slightly to compensate for less number of building to be searched.

A part of me thinks that Enforcers doing searched uncontested would be a bit unfair but criminals witnessing enforcers I feel wouldn't fitting...

7 hours ago, VickyFox said:

The fact some buildings have warrants and other's don't would make the police searches balanced and not overly used.

However dirty money cash might want to be raised slightly to compensate for less number of building to be searched.

A part of me thinks that Enforcers doing searched uncontested would be a bit unfair but criminals witnessing enforcers I feel wouldn't fitting...

One of my friends in teamspeak made a really good point about this. Collecting evidence via police searches should build up the prestige meter. That should prevent it from being an incontestable activity.

13 minutes ago, Lemureslayer said:

One of my friends in teamspeak made a really good point about this. Collecting evidence via police searches should build up the prestige meter. That should prevent it from being an incontestable activity.

Well notoriety goes up for criminal for ram raiding and mugging, so I thought it was a given with Enfs.

Just got to factor in that with warrants, not every door can / should be busted in, while criminals can just break into almost any garage door or store front they like.

This is a horrible idea because it would balance cops to make a lot more money than Crims for a few different reasons.

For starters, Crims can't witness Cops doing that, however if you allowed them to engage in a PVP action that was like witnessing to then engage a mini-mission so they could defend their territory so to speak, then it might be worth it however it's still highly unbalanced.

Enforcers can make a hell of a lot more money by arrests through LTL & returning stolen vehicles. Especially with Premium.  I played for years and make bank because of LTL. A PIG can be your best friend to rack up cash. if you find yourself unable to arrest a lot of people then you just need to practice a bit more, but you'll see that you'll make a lot of money & points from arrests.

This point is moot & has been argued over the years several times. Try using LTL a lot more or forcing yourself to restrict your play to strictly arrests. Especially baiting Crims to uncuff their teammates because that's another easy arrest while they're busy. Therefore, more money.

There's another element that people don't realize that 4cers can make money off of that's almost exactly like what you're talking about and it's already within the game.

Do you realize how many vehicles are stolen from NPCs by Crims over the event of just one mission? Now think about ALL of the city & missions going on all the time.

You can return those stolen vehicles into evidentiary lockup just like fencing for Crims with stolen goods. Especially armored trucks & the like will bring you higher dollar amounts (condition of vehicle matters too.) I've made a lot of money just returning stolen armored trucks & repairing them across the city or larger & nicer vehicles that are abandoned on the roads like Cisco's, etc.  There's a reason that enforcers commandeer vehicles and criminals steal them when you look at the action text before you take an NPC's car. you can still tell this after the vehicle is abandoned by looking at it.

Couple turning in stolen vehicles w/ LTL & cops make more money. Not to mention usually a hell of a lot more safely than crims.

Edited by sTr8-jAcKeT
[CLASSIFIED]

20 minutes ago, sTr8-jAcKeT said:

This is a horrible idea because it would balance cops to make a lot more money than Crims for a few reasons different reasons.

For starters, Crims can't witness Cops doing that, however if you allowed them to engage in a PVP action that was like witnessing to then engage a mini-mission so they could defend their territory so to speak, then it might be worth it however it's still highly unbalanced.

Enforcers can make a hell of a lot more money by arrests through LTL, especially with Premium.  I played for years and make bank because of LTL. A pig can be your best friend to rack up cash. if you find yourself unable to arrest a lot of people then you just need to practice a bit more, but you'll see that you'll make a lot of money & points from arrests.

This point is moot and has been argued over the years several times. Try using LTL a lot more or forcing yourself to restrict your play to strictly arrests. Especially baiting Crims to uncuff their teammates because that's another easy arrest while they're busy. Therefore, more money.

There's another element that people don't realize that 4cers can make money off of that's almost exactly like what you're talking about and it's already within the game.

Do you realize how many vehicles are stolen from NPCs by Crims over the event of just one mission? Now think about ALL of the city & missions going g on all the time.

You can return those stolen vehicles into evidentiary lockup just like fencing for Crim's with stolen goods. Especially armored trucks & the like will bring you higher dollar amounts. I've made a lot of money just returning stolen armored trucks across the city or larger & nicer vehicles that are abandoned on the roads like Cisco's, etc.

Couple turning in stolen vehicles w/ LTL & cops make more money. Not to mention usually a hell of a lot more safely than crims.

My idea was meant as a way to allow enforcers to get atleast some money when there wasn't anyone on at the time. Due to the relatively small playerbase of the game, it is important that there are at least one or two solo activities that either side can do to give them something to do during down-times where there is no-one on.

• Like 2

You can jump the crims looking for them in the empty servers just as easily & take their effort.

That used to be one of my favorite things to do trying to hunt all those people trying to get away with easy money. Plus they get a little nervous & pissed off, then make mistakes if you spot them & they're worried they're going to lose all that cash they've spent so long getting.

Statistically & psychologically it usually works out to your favor as long as you're a decent player.

Edited by sTr8-jAcKeT
[CLASSIFIED]

2 hours ago, sTr8-jAcKeT said:

I did mention this and it's something to ponder over to balance out. Not sure how to make it appropriate but making it PVP should be a thing as APB is a PVP game since the begainning.

Enforcers can make a hell of a lot more money by arrests through LTL & returning stolen vehicles. Especially with Premium.  I played for years and make bank because of LTL. A PIG can be your best friend to rack up cash. if you find yourself unable to arrest a lot of people then you just need to practice a bit more, but you'll see that you'll make a lot of money & points from arrests.

Matt Scott said that it is his intention to have this address with a criminal's equivalent although no further elaboration what it might be or how it would work, piority goes to RIOT and the New Engine, it is on the To-Do list though.

Primarily as an enforcer, care to elaborate what that is? Nothing comes to mind... I remember back in the day when I just used my pioneer to push criminal's cars into store fronts and garages while they were on mission and just help myself to loot. Yeah that got patched out but they didn't expect a bent cop in San Paro?

Enforcers cannot get money from anything remotely similar to the concepts of ram raiding or mugging. Enforcers are relight on criminal in district to get stolen items to return to contacts.

Do you realize how many vehicles are stolen from NPCs by Crims over the event of just one mission? Now think about ALL of the city & missions going on all the time.

Turning in vehicles that are stolen either for chop shop or for impound has always been in game and not something that is contested about.

It was not mentioned in this thread or any other because it's not really that relevant.

You still need criminals to have stolen cars!

Also turning in stolen vehicles even high value/armoured cars in pristine condition isn't as quick as ram raiding and as such doesn't make as much money.

Yes there is a lot of stolen cars in a populated server, but you have to find them and then drive to a impound that isn't on cooldown.

Criminals can just find nearly any store front or garage (sometimes within metres of a contact) and damaged property will respawn despite having a cooldown too. This is a certainty which Enforcers do not have.

1 hour ago, sTr8-jAcKeT said:

You can jump the crims looking for them in the empty servers just as easily & take their effort.

That used to be one of my favorite things to do trying to hunt all those people trying to get away with easy money. Plus they get a little nervous & pissed off, then make mistakes if you spot them & they're worried they're going to lose all that cash they've spent so long getting.

And how long will that last before they change districts, servers or  go back to playing a Battle Royale game instead?

Edited by VickyFox
Typo

Well you can continue to keep chasing them into the empty districts it's not that hard to check population and follow them.

That's what I was attempting to do is show you how you would balance it for you, so there's no need to reiterate a vague open-endedness.

It's not our job or place to cater to people so that they don't cry & play another game because they're choosing to be lazy & not risk looting populated servers. I don't understand that logic at all. If they wish to go play another game so be it, apparently a game like this isn't for them. Don't do the Blizzard entertainment approach of catering to every vocal-minority online that cries about an issue. Because people quickly find out that the people who actually play & stay committed to a game & support it, statistically do not represent the vocal minority of complainers.

That is incorrect information, you can make hundreds of thousands of dollars in a couple hours almost a million if you do it right. All it takes is having a partner who is doing the same thing you are & when one of you are about to hit notoriety 5 you drive to the other one, let them turn in another vehicle, get notoriety 5 then kill him & take the money. You keep repeating this process so you are untouchable by Crims. When you are ready to turn in the money invite your friend to the group & haul patootie to the turn-in while notoriety 5 & it will split the cash with insane multipliers. Since each level of notoriety directly effects your rewards in-game.

51 minutes ago, sTr8-jAcKeT said:

It's not our job or place to cater to people so that they don't cry & play another game because they're choosing to be lazy & not risk looting populated servers. I don't understand that logic at all. If they wish to go play another game so be it, apparently a game like this isn't for them. Don't do the Blizzard entertainment approach of catering to every vocal-minority online that cries about an issue. Because people quickly find out that the people who actually play & stay committed to a game & support it, statistically do not represent the vocal minority of complainers.

I am certainly not a person to not cater to those that whine or cry the loudest. After years of playing as an enforcer, it is my personal opinion that while prestige multiplier is beneficial, the speed and volume of items criminals can collect counter balanced out that multiplier. None the less, the open world convenience for criminals makes being an enforcer more of a chore with the need to be constantly vigilant (while justified considering the role).

APB should never be equality in mechanics or content 100% or even 90%, but when people recommend being a criminal for the ease of making money and grinding contact standing without the need for an opposed match... It does come across more unfavourably than it should be.

Less than Lethal is planned to have a criminal equivalent variant, but nothing has been said about what enforcers would get in return for more money for criminals.

I'm only asking to stop quoting each response because it adds unnecessary redundancy to eachnpost & for some reason people feel others are unable to retain the information from one post before, scroll back up or so on. The information is already recorded in the conversation. A simple reply will work in my opinion but we're all free to do as we wish I suppose.

That is the part about role playing & doing your part. We choose the role of Enforcer or Criminal. Criminals want to try & be sneaky, getting away with easy money, which is on par with the real world dynamic of how crime really goes down. They think it's an easy buck until they get caught.  I'm kind of surprised if you've played an enforcer for years that you adhere to that standard & would think in that manor. I would statistically assume that you would be more psychologically adept at playing a criminal in this case. Real world cops don't have an easy job, they have to be driven by a sense of duty. Something that a lot of people have forgotten about in the modern world. It is no different for any other profession that you choose whether it be legal or not.  It's not a chore, I enjoy the patience of the hunt. It's very rewarding if you get to pop somebody & fight for the reward. If you want the easy way out, play criminal. If you'd like a personal challenge, play an enforcer.

Since you agree there's no 90-100% relation to equality of mechanics; this should also be applied to the very essence of one's self & what they choose to play based off their veiws, opinions & feelings in each matter, including effort.  I find this no different than picking your favorite character in a fighting or RPG game based off their style & that which appeals to you. Not everyone likes tanks or fast characters & there are always people who will argue certain classes they don't play shouldn't be granted abilities, but this is why we each pick what we gravitate towards.

Edited by sTr8-jAcKeT
[CLASSIFIED]

I was quoting each response actually equally for my own benefit as I am one of those people who at times struggle to retain information following an accident on a medical duty. To others it may be spam but to me it's a nuisance having to find where one subject ends and the next one picks up on the previous post. But going on the assumption that other's are not like me, I'll yield.

While I agree that the core principles of 2 different factions acting in starkly different senses of moral, People are not restricted to just playing 1 faction over the other and it does remain a game.

I also agree the thrill of the hunt can be fun and exciting... It is still 2 less means of earning money for enforcers.

Despite I may say it with the intention of being a joke, it is half heartedly true when I say "You don't play APB, You endure APB".

If you agree you're not restricted to playing one faction, what's the harm in allowing each of the factions to have their own mechanics?

The meer ability to play another faction should not diminish from anothers  capabilities for the sake of an imaginary desire in balancing.

Make it impossible to ram raid in districts without an active enforcer population. 

Then we good. 

1 hour ago, sTr8-jAcKeT said:

If you agree you're not restricted to playing one faction, what's the harm in allowing each of the factions to have their own mechanics?

The meer ability to play another faction should not diminish from anothers  capabilities for the sake of an imaginary desire in balancing.

I'm not against unique mechanics and features.

I'm not in favour of the lack of a means to use such mechanics and features for one or both factions

I'm completely against the unfairness of one faction having an easier time to make more money.

I could come up with some faction unique suggestions but I don't want to derail the thread anymore.

Then why are you still defending whatever it is you're trying to defend? I thought we've discussed this into the ground. Don't tell someone semantics based hypotheticals if you aren't just going to mention them. If/then/could statements are pointless & usually signify someone just wanting a higher thread count. I've noticed you have an affinity for having to argue things, even without substance which I had assumed was for getting thread count up for rank in community.

Please, by all means; share these revolutionary game changing, faction-unique ideas. But don't threaten about them, just state them. Alternatively, that doesn't further diminish the argument of another with X,Y,Z formulas you can't prove on the spot.

We have an entire thread to discuss specifics. From my own personal opinion, you've started dereailing this thread for sometime whether you see that or not. Not trying to be disrespectful; but you have to be able to see your own perogative & actions. I know you're smart enough from years of playing with you to see that. We used to be on our friends list for a while & play in game.

Well, gotta go for now. Cheers!

Enforcers already have an exclusive weapon, Non-Lethal, let criminals have their money farming, also enforcers can steal all the money.
Would be unfair for enforcers to also have a way to make money and have unique weapons.

1 hour ago, ZoriaDunne said:

Enforcers already have an exclusive weapon, Non-Lethal, let criminals have their money farming, also enforcers can steal all the money.
Would be unfair for enforcers to also have a way to make money and have unique weapons.

i was waiting to see someone mention that

Enforcers already have their exclusive LTL weapons, it seems fair that criminals can make money without anyone.

unless criminals don't get an exclusive weapon system or something similar , i don't see a reason for enforcers to be able to make money without anyone either.

playing enforcer, I can just collect civilian cars that used to be criminals and take them to evidence . getting permanent uncontrolled financial cash flow .