Sign in to follow this  
MrM0dZ

Changes to Premium and Riot Season Pass

In the rundown posted here: https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2019/4/19/riot-rundown

These are the changes/new features to the premium system:

RIOT Subscriptions & RIOT Tokens

At the heart of this repeatable system is a new currency, which we are calling RIOT Tokens. Players will have the option of purchase a RIOT Season Pass at any point during a Season to gain the tokens they missed.

To launch Season Passes, we plan to make the following updates:

We are going to be removing the 50% reduced cooldown from Premium and giving it to all players

We will be eliminating the 3 month and 6 month options for Premium

We will be reducing the cost of 1 month of Premium

We will be adding RIOT Season Pass that can be purchased on its own

We will be adding a Pass which gives players 2 months Premium + RIOT Pass

So basically everyone will be getting the 50% reduced cooldowns, but is that the only change to the premium system? what about decal/layers limit on symbols, cars, etc?
Are we going to have to buy premium every month since 3 and 6 month plans are going to be removed or just buy lots of 30 days premium?

How is the Riot Pass affect the game? 

50 minutes ago, MrM0dZ said:

So basically everyone will be getting the 50% reduced cooldowns, but is that the only change to the premium system? what about decal/layers limit on symbols, cars, etc?

Are we going to have to buy premium every month since 3 and 6 month plans are going to be removed or just buy lots of 30 days premium?

How is the Riot Pass affect the game? 

Customization limits will not be changed it seems, nor should they be.

You can set your premium to auto renew already.

SHPz1WB.png

(new pricing not shown)

RIOT Pass only effects RIOT mode, as explained in the post you copied this info from.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Customization limits will not be changed it seems, nor should they be.

You can set your premium to auto renew already.

SHPz1WB.png

(new pricing not shown)

RIOT Pass only effects RIOT mode, as explained in the post you copied this info from.

So basically instead of having the option to buy more months at once with a discount it's going to be a subscription

Just now, MrM0dZ said:

So basically instead of having the option to buy more months at once with a discount it's going to be a subscription

You will have the option of subscribing, should you choose to do so, yes.

15 minutes ago, MrM0dZ said:

premium itself is going to be cheaper, and there will be a 2 month deal/package/thing

So Im gonna have to basically buy more fucking premium?

Sorry, RIOT Premium?

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

So Im gonna have to basically buy more fucking premium?

Sorry, RIOT Premium?

You can buy 1 month of premium, subscribe or buy directly 2 months of premium which will give you automatically the RIOT Pass for free together it.

But, you can find both separately in the ARMAS.

3 and 6 months will be removed and added the 2 months one with RIOT Pass included.

RIOT Pass will be added as well for who want to buy only it.

Obviously all this in the future, not for now, i think around the day of it go live, mid may.

People buy premium?

I thought everyones drowning in 15 day redeem codes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, GhosT said:

People buy premium?

I thought everyones drowning in 15 day redeem codes.

I wish.

Not buying JMBs has its downsides. Even having racked up like $6k in ARMAS purchase... just ran out of premium on my main.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Seems an awful lot like Fortnite's BattlePass system.....🧐

or any battlepass system for that matter? (no fortnite was not first and also not a frontier or whatever)

and ye they work well in f2p and give you some new content, so why not

12 hours ago, MrM0dZ said:

and the price for that matter

since no other changes were listed, obviously they'll stay the same (which is more than reasonable)

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 2

On topic for the decal people.

You're not wrong, but you are.

The only thing premium/free decals could use would be a little buff for free players.

Say instead of being limited to 7 symbols per car, make it 10. Or at least 8, for the sake of symmetry.

A free player really can't make a good looking car with only 7 symbols.

• Like 2

Question, with the rework of Premium, will they be fixing the rewards for APB$ and Standing bonus'?

22 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

Question, with the rework of Premium, will they be fixing the rewards for APB$ and Standing bonus'?

What's wrong with them?

Just now, GhosT said:

What's wrong with them?

I thought during old G1 they messed up the rewards, maybe I'm wrong.

4 minutes ago, iRawwwN said:

I thought during old G1 they messed up the rewards, maybe I'm wrong.

IIRC they just buffed them.

2 hours ago, GhosT said:

IIRC they just buffed them.

i don't think there's anything wrong with them but they seem a bit inconsistent?

never actually checked anything but yeah, you'd think they'd just be earned money/xp x some factor but i don't think that's the case... not like it matters tbh xd

(probably might just be applied differently to kills/objectives/match end rewards...)

Edited by neophobia

4 hours ago, neophobia said:

i don't think there's anything wrong with them but they seem a bit inconsistent?

never actually checked anything but yeah, you'd think they'd just be earned money/xp x some factor but i don't think that's the case... not like it matters tbh xd

(probably might just be applied differently to kills/objectives/match end rewards...)

From what I know the scoreboard revamp (which also added the smaller scoreboard after missions) made it so rewards are calculated with the score you achieved, which includes kills, medals and targets.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

You can buy 1 month of premium, subscribe or buy directly 2 months of premium which will give you automatically the RIOT Pass for free together it.

But, you can find both separately in the ARMAS.

3 and 6 months will be removed and added the 2 months one with RIOT Pass included.

RIOT Pass will be added as well for who want to buy only it.

Obviously all this in the future, not for now, i think around the day of it go live, mid may.

But my point is, I already fucking have 1700 days of premium and are going to buy the battle pass so why the fuck am I having to pay for additional god damn premium????????????????

7 hours ago, GhosT said:

From what I know the scoreboard revamp (which also added the smaller scoreboard after missions) made it so rewards are calculated with the score you achieved, which includes kills, medals and targets.

Things that effect the amount of currency, and xp, are - Score, mission type, (kills/arrests, assists, objectives done, medals, targets. tie into score but also effect it individually I believe)

Mission type is a big one, phantom menace with 8 stages, for example tends to yield ~1.5-4k win/loss nomatter what, while others only offer ~1-2k. Arrests effect cash by a lot, and 5-10 arrests in a match can yield you almost 2x as much as using lethal in a match. Higher contacts also give better rewarding missions I think. Each contact has a pool of missions they have (i think) so you can "potentially" effect income through that as well, and control what kinds of missions you get.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

2 hours ago, a Pair of Socks said:

But my point is, I already fucking have 1700 days of premium and are going to buy the battle pass so why the fuck am I having to pay for additional god damn premium????????????????

you can just buy the riot pass on its own, or a riot pass included within a 2 month premium deal/bundle/package

17 hours ago, GhosT said:

On topic for the decal people.

You're not wrong, but you are.

The only thing premium/free decals could use would be a little buff for free players.

Say instead of being limited to 7 symbols per car, make it 10. Or at least 8, for the sake of symmetry.

A free player really can't make a good looking car with only 7 symbols.

I might be sounding a bit too generous here, but 12-15 decals would certainly do the trick.

On 4/21/2019 at 3:20 AM, NotTheEnforcer said:

Seems an awful lot like Fortnite's BattlePass system.....🧐

This is where the money at atm

Just another way to milk this game

I doubt Riot will even be fun to grind

5 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

you can just buy the riot pass on its own, or a riot pass included within a 2 month premium deal/bundle/package

Yes, exactly... and Matt sayd that the Pass is discounted for people who have already Premium.

Look here:

On 4/20/2019 at 5:36 AM, MattScott said:

The plan is to also sell he RIOT Pass on its own, and for players who have Premium, you'll get the discount

Edited by SpeedyCat

We are going to be removing the 50% reduced cooldown from Premium and giving it to all players. 

I dont underastand whats is that "cooldown" and "giving it to all players".

Sign in to follow this