Jazmin

Battleye Patch/Accounts Unbanning

Funny, this unbanning thing attracts the old trash. Even on the forum, people whos been gone for years are actively posting.....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

She cant be online 24/7. 

Some of us are deputized to keep the "add it to the pile" tradition going. 

Some memes should never die. 

he*

• Like 1

Whenever it comes I'm looking forward to it.

18 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

me too fam... me too

me too ...

• Like 1

Aww how cute, everyone has an opinion to share

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 3:43 PM, BuckyTheBronco said:

From the way it sounds from Matt and the rest of the Little Orbit team, they are most likely in the testing phases. They're most likely making sure everything works and runs smoothly before they release it. For you all who don't understand how coding works, this could take a couple days or could take weeks depending on their test runs. Coding is extremely tedious and one single line could cause everything to break. To make it even better, sometimes your tests don't catch this line of code so you could be in for a long, very tedious process. All we can do is be patient and just appreciate that Little Orbit is doing this right, rather than rushing it. 

As someone who does it daily, let’s change that adjective to arduous. I’ve already created a jira ticket to track our progress and will create a change management ticket when my PR is reviewed & merged. This shouldn’t require any changes to tests, but I’ll join QA’s stand-up tomorrow to make them aware ahead of time. I know this change isn’t technically within scope of the release, but as long it doesn’t block moving to staging I don’t see why we can’t have this change in prod on Friday.

Tuesday? It’s a small release, we can release on a Friday. Besides i’m not on call. What? Is that part of this release? I thought that was 1.5? No, I am sure it’s backwards compatible. That’d be stupid if it wasn’t.

Anyway, I’ll make a ticket to write documentation, but it’s pretty much self-documenting.

Do you wanna play some ping pong after I finish this seltzer? I need a break.

tl;dr writing code is the easiest & best part

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 9:43 PM, BuckyTheBronco said:

From the way it sounds from Matt and the rest of the Little Orbit team, they are most likely in the testing phases. They're most likely making sure everything works and runs smoothly before they release it. For you all who don't understand how coding works, this could take a couple days or could take weeks depending on their test runs. Coding is extremely tedious and one single line could cause everything to break. To make it even better, sometimes your tests don't catch this line of code so you could be in for a long, very tedious process. All we can do is be patient and just appreciate that Little Orbit is doing this right, rather than rushing it. 

Especially when it's APB spaghetti code. Lots of unforeseen things can come up

1 minute ago, Clandestine said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of code that was completed by G1 is hardcoded. It seems like something they would do just to make things work and get by rather then doing them the correct way. 

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 12:15 PM, Luminesca said:

Do we really need to unban the cheaters tho?
Every cheater removed is a win in my book.

There were also LOADS of people banned for no reason by devs/the game itself. That's why SOME(not all, as stated in a dev post), will be unbanned. Though with battleye, I'm sure they'll be quickly dealt with.

7 hours ago, Jazmin said:

Aww how cute, everyone has an opinion to share

Almost sounds like the textbook definition of a forum.

On 6/4/2018 at 4:48 AM, Ignas / qsn said:

If they are actual trash personalities, it won't a while before BattlEye swipes them out of the game.

An anti-cheat banning based on personalities? Damn, that's... impressive. Jk, I'm assuming you mean that those with such personalities do dubious, ban-able actions.

11 hours ago, Clandestine said:

Let's see, getting new people looking at someone else code: Difficult, even with one to a handful of experienced developers in the mix

Now, have that code being not optimally written/documented: Even more difficult (if it was me, I wouldn't even bother honestly, it sounds like a pain. Guess that's why I'm not a game dev yet T.T)

Knowing this, I suppose I should be more patient... But I was banned over a year ago and since LO came into the picture, I can't wait to get back into the game. So there's a conflicting feeling between knowing that it isn't easy and eagerly counting down the days til I can jump in, except you can't count down when you don't know when D-day is lol.