MattScott

Full RIOT Rundown

8 hours ago, Kewlin said:

First off, LO doesn't actually treat me any different because I'm, "popular," I simply posted relatively early in the thread and was posting criticism instead of praising LO. Even if LO was giving me unfair treatment though, that wouldn't be even remotely my fault.

Second, calm the fuck down. Even if I did still have actual discussions on the APB forums, I wouldn't be having one with someone who's acting like a rabid wolverine.

Ranting on and stating false information in the first place is shitty "criticism". Don't tell me what to do like you're my boss neither, specially when you're the one who was giving attitude in the "early" stages of this thread. 

I  support the idea of cosmetics from Riot also being released on ARMAS for an increased price compared to the season pass and also a long time afterwards. I mean quite a long time like a year or something. Just so people know that they can get stuff eventually.

However there should definitely be some exclusive stuff for people that powered through Riot seasons. And why shouldn't there be? Weapon skins, titles and primitives are perfect for this.

But please please please... no 'challenges' (kill 5 people with assault rifles etc)

I got massive burnout from Fortnite precisely because I felt forced to play in a particilar way to unlock things. Now I don't play Fortnite (I'm grateful actually).

I got burn out from Joker ticket fight club tasks too. So I don't do those any more.

Edited by WitchQueen

8 hours ago, killerskull said:

For me, the number one thing for new content is new missions. Our 2 mission districts are big enough to be played around with. But I guess they chose the BR route. I just hope after the engine upgrade, like the previous devs said, adding in content should be much quicker.

The way mission districts work needs to be fundamentally reconsidered, I think. A considerable amount of time in them is spent waiting for action, which - as far as I'm concerned - is the primary reason the game never found great success. The time you need to invest does not justify the amount of entertainment you get out of it.

Adding new missions doesn't really do much. New objectives? Investigations were a new objective many years ago. That certainly didn't bring anything interesting to the table. Rearranging objectives isn't very interesting either. Furthermore introducing new missions doesn't make the existing ones any more fun.

Mission districts are an entire chunk of the game that needs to be retooled. Whether that's a more sandbox-y experience or "simply" a more entertaining way to build missions doesn't matter so much, either would be a lot of work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

The way mission districts work needs to be fundamentally reconsidered, I think. A considerable amount of time in them is spent waiting for action, which - as far as I'm concerned - is the primary reason the game never found great success. The time you need to invest does not justify the amount of entertainment you get out of it.

Adding new missions doesn't really do much. New objectives? Investigations were a new objective many years ago. That certainly didn't bring anything interesting to the table. Rearranging objectives isn't very interesting either. Furthermore introducing new missions doesn't make the existing ones any more fun.

Mission districts are an entire chunk of the game that needs to be retooled. Whether that's a more sandbox-y experience or "simply" a more entertaining way to build missions doesn't matter so much, either would be a lot of work.

I wanted to mention how the missions need to be redone but that wouldve been throwing too many ideas at once in a post.

For me and I assume for everyone else, the missions are much more frustrating than rewarding. There are so many variables and randomness that contributes to your failure. Whether to win an objective or to kill someone. I know I used to stay in FC because there werent variables going against me. It was simple, myself and my team vs others in a death match or simple missions. In mission /d, u either spawn close to objective, or you die and spawn 400 m, or the enemy has voip and u r with randoms (even if you are more skilled than the other group, u still do crap because they have voip), the position of the objective and maybe the enemy team already got there first which makes it harder on ur team, and so many other things that I cant remember atm. In the end, its just frustrating and stressful. The environment also breeds negativity. 

Putting this BR type of mode infront of 3.5 is misstake in my opinion.Everybody are waiting for engine upgrade for so many years so this game can start on clean.This is turning point for this game and nothing else will bring attention of many players besides that.You risk to kill this game mode even before birth simply because nobody ask for it in 1st place.Doesnt matter how good you gonna made it..nobody cares.I play almost 8 years and what i want is unreal 3.5 engine upgrade,fixng matchmaking after that and some new content like 2 new contacts.After that im open to everything else in this game and im sure most players think same way.So better change it to "listen to the community..and doing whatever we want"..

p.s. and no is not important(for me at least)ur plan for the game-more important is what community wants

Edited by TheMessiah

27 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

Putting this BR type of mode infront of 3.5 is misstake in my opinion.Everybody are waiting for engine upgrade for so many years so this game can start on clean.This is turning point for this game and nothing else will bring attention of many players besides that.You risk to kill this game mode even before birth simply because nobody ask for it in 1st place.Doesnt matter how good you gonna made it..nobody cares.I play almost 8 years and what i want is unreal 3.5 engine upgrade,fixng matchmaking after that and some new content like 2 new contacts.After that im open to everything else in this game and im sure most players think same way.So better change it to "listen to the community..and doing whatever we want"..

p.s. and no is not important(for me at least)ur plan for the game-more important is what community wants

Different people working on different projects.

What is launching now is pre season of RIOT.

Season 1 will hopefully launch with 3.5 allowing LO to finally advertise the game.

This has all been explained many times over.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

The way mission districts work needs to be fundamentally reconsidered, I think. A considerable amount of time in them is spent waiting for action, which - as far as I'm concerned - is the primary reason the game never found great success.

Most, if not all games with matchmaking have this issue.

Adding new missions doesn't really do much. New objectives? Investigations were a new objective many years ago. That certainly didn't bring anything interesting to the table.

Investigation is also barely different from anything else. There are certainly other objectives that could be added.

Furthermore introducing new missions doesn't make the existing ones any more fun.

It actually does IMO, indirectly. Think of it this way: if you ate tuna sandwiches for every meal, it would suck, right? You'd hate tuna sandwiches in less than a week. Add in more meals though, until eventually you have bunches of things to eat, and eventually you might get to appreciate tuna sandwiches again, because you're not so fucking sick of them from eating them over and over.

I don't disagree that missions need some love, just like the rest of APB, but I don't think they're inherently flawed either, or really even bad.

9 hours ago, killerskull said:

There are so many variables and randomness that contributes to your failure.

That's kinda' a lot of what makes APB fun for me and a lot of people: it's weird and unpredictable.

Probably my biggest concern at the moment is if they should wait to launch RIOT and 3.5 simultaneously rather than individually? I wouldn't anticipate RIOT bringing in a large influx of players. I would be concerned that any new players arriving with RIOT (including current players trying out RIOT) would further deteriorate the playerbase for the core game. And then they may tire of RIOT and leave. If RIOT and 3.5 launch at the same time, would that potentially encourage more players to return to the game and hopefully stay with the game?  

2 hours ago, Shroud said:

I wouldn't anticipate RIOT bringing in a large influx of players.

dat

2 hours ago, Shroud said:

If RIOT and 3.5 launch at the same time, would that potentially encourage more players to return to the game and hopefully stay with the game?

3.5 must be 1st man..nobody cares about riot

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

dat

You aren‘t able to view from another perspective are you? A pre-season of RIOT is essential, imagine this as a big test run, to gather bunch of feedback & more. Season 1 is going to be the finetuned version of RIOT launching with Engine Upgrade and the marketing plan.

Now I get you, I do, I anticipate 3.5 aswell and egoistically want it to be here asap, but it is better to launch them simultaniously, as in... would you go into a game, find out it has a variety of gamemodes (referring to RIOT) just to hop in and realise it‘s not really polished and not a lot of fun? As soon as marketing starts for this game, everything has to be as perfect as can be, considering the critical state of it. Adding RIOT later on without it being catered to the needs of players would be fatal. 

my 2cents.

Edited by ittibitium

On 4/19/2019 at 7:50 PM, CookiePuss said:

This is certainly, imo, an issue and One already exacerbated by fight club. But if I understand correctly, the overall long term plan is to have RIOT and later 3.5 bring in new players, raising the overall player count. 

While initially this might not help higher threat players such as yourself, eventually it could spawn a whole new generation of skilled gamers. 

Fingers crossed. 

basically. this is the only thing that needs to work. os let's hope for the best in the future

5 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

dat

That's because LO is gonna start populating the game once 3.5 is out, and what better way to do it with a new game mode that most players be playing these days? (BR)

5 hours ago, ittibitium said:

You aren‘t able to view from another perspective are you? A pre-season of RIOT is essential, imagine this as a big test run, to gather bunch of feedback & more. Season 1 is going to be the finetuned version of RIOT launching with Engine Upgrade and the marketing plan.

Now I get you, I do, I anticipate 3.5 aswell and egoistically want it to be here asap, but it is better to launch them simultaniously, as in... would you go into a game, find out it has a variety of gamemodes (referring to RIOT) just to hop in and realise it‘s not really polished and not a lot of fun? As soon as marketing starts for this game, everything has to be as perfect as can be, considering the critical state of it. Adding RIOT later on without it being catered to the needs of players would be fatal. 

my 2cents.

yea i get it but think release both same time is gonna be confusin..but we will see hope 4 da best anyway

Edited by TheMessiah

On 4/19/2019 at 7:31 PM, MattScott said:

For those that don't enjoy Battle Royale style games, then this likely wont be for you.

Matt

"Transparency", why using a tricky sentence then?

We trusted you matt...

On 4/19/2019 at 3:31 PM, MattScott said:

"For those that don't enjoy Battle Royale style games, then this likely wont be for you. Just know that RIOT != APB. "

SOooooooOOooo, the long-suffering loyal APB fanbase can go frack themselves I see.

Just know that RIOT != APB.

Not in a million years.  It's distorting APB to create an already washed out genre.  Not only will this fail hard... you will have given the final shaft to your own playerbase.

21 hours ago, TheMessiah said:

^No truer words were spoken than these.

16 hours ago, ittibitium said:

that is how i have been thinking as well.

polish it refine it make it stronger.

then strike with tenacity

• Like 1

No thanks @MattScott. I greatly dislike BR, and I also hate Fortnite like "season passes". These are a money grab in my opinion. Still the same, "Money First, Gamers Last. I was thinking about coming back to the game, but, this was not what I have been waiting since 2011 for.

Edited by AOSCMP

Until we try it, we can't form an opinion.

2 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Until we try it, we can't form an opinion.

You, can't, I have already.

1 minute ago, AOSCMP said:

You, can't, I have already.

I don't see the SPCT badge on your profile.

So, you are a beta tester for Little Orbit?

2 hours ago, Saxtus said:

I don't see the SPCT badge on your profile.

So, you are a beta tester for Little Orbit?

Are, you blind? Do you see a badge? Stop while, you're behind. If you reply, I'll read it, but, you're trying to start mess, and I won't involve myself with it.

Edited by AOSCMP

Either you saw something that you wasn't supposed to see, either you are posting opinion of something that you haven't seen yet. The mess is all your's.

We also wanted a Season system that encourages players to play within the time-frame.(Keep up our player numbers, throughout the months) i.e. pay for subscriptions just to play the mode. Time-released rewards, prolly something to buy, like keys to open some type of loot chests.

Edited by AOSCMP

hopefully this mode will have less fps drop/sluttering?

4 minutes ago, Uhtdred said:

hopefully this mode will have less fps drop/sluttering?

pretty sure that’s an engine/code issue, this mode will still be running on the current engine and using mostly current assets afaik

at least until the engine upgrade drops