MattScott

Full RIOT Rundown

On 4/20/2019 at 1:14 AM, Kewlin said:

*EDIT* Also, requiring players to play RIOT, which sounds really shitty and like it has nothing to do with APB, to progress, needs to not be a thing at the very least. Just allow people to play what they want to play, not force them to play your new mode.

sorry, have you read the posts? they have new normal content coming.

how could it have nothing to do with apb if it is in apb? it might not be "canon" but stuff like new breed wasn't "canon" at that time too, so pretty much aren't fc and social (oh ye ppl fight over some random patootie building since they are opposed, whoop di do, while they "made peace to chill and design stuff" in some big patootie somewhat "higher tech", probably more functional than an old asylum, building). how is anyone required to progress through that? yeah, there might be some exclusive clothing or skin or whatnot but that's hardly "progress" -

plus, "progressing" in apb normally ends at 195 anyway already since you then start to be able to use everything, your char is at its maximum capabilities - which is shit enough, since people see apb as a competitive game (which it should be, since it's pvp and thus should be balanced for everyone) and people shouldn't only be able to competete if they invest 500 hours into leveling a character.

which is why things unlocked later should be sidegrades instead of straight upgrades (like they are in CoD and other similar games) which is pretty much the case in apb

and since they probably won't put in exclusive weapons or mods (i hope at least) it seems they are on the right track - adding new ways to earn new stuff, spicing things up, but still making it optional.

i'd also highly suspect that those contacts might not count to your normal ranking - and even then, what does it matter, "meaningful" progression ends at 195. or is the issue that one couldn't raise their epeen-rating if they don't play the new gamemode?

sorry, bit triggered here

Edited by neophobia

6 hours ago, neophobia said:

~snip~

What the fuck?

Merged.

13 hours ago, SweetLikeCandy said:

I can't believe the logic you have since the first post you posted on this thread. Season pass is such a great idea for one. Backing this statement, the reason its good is because its forces Little Orbit to continue making new content and new things/ new rewards for us every season rather than every decade. The reason season passes are made in so many games is because they are successful, in no way shape or form is it bad for the player really at all. You usually buy a season pass and you get all the rewards you can get in the time period of the season. AND the fact you're complaining about the possibility of items being exclusive to people who bust arse to unlock them is ridiculous. You say that should never happen and that statement is bs. Someone who is LOYAL to the game and has played when those certain rewards are out should get the items and the people who didn't stay loyal and didn't play the game at the time shouldn't have that chance. Being a limited time item enforces people to keep active and play APB more than your non exclusive items idea, meaning people cant quit the game, not give a flying F what is happening, and then come back and pay for it. That's beyond stupid. I don't wanna bust arse to unlock something and then later down the road see someone else with the thing I worked so hard for because he threw acouple of dollars at LO all because you're too much of a snowflake to play the mode and unlock it yourself. Not to mention your attitude in your first post towards LO and being wrong about the whole mode in a whole. It's disappointing to see you're one of the more known and well respected community members on this forum after those statements. Shaming LO for making new content, smfh.

Yeah, I disagree.

19 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Yeah, I disagree.

i disagree too, no one respects kewlin

chump

24 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

What the fuck?

exactly what i thought

"oh no, they are cashing into a trend but making it their own, muh game"

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i disagree too, no one respects kewlin

chump

Oh, I honestly missed the part about respect. . .

. . . who the fuck is dumb enough to respect me?

Just now, neophobia said:

exactly what i thought

"oh no, they are cashing into a trend but making it their own, muh game"

Sure, put words into my mouth.

Edited by Kewlin

3 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Sure, put words into my mouth.

you like that? :^)

tbf, yeah, imo your post sounded worse than what i put there

Edited by neophobia

1 minute ago, neophobia said:

you like that?

tbf, yeah, your post sounded worse imo than what i put there

I repeat: what the fuck?

I don't know whether to feel more sorry for some of the people in this thread or sorry for myself because of it.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

3 hours ago, Kewlin said:

What the fuck?

Merged.

Yeah, I disagree.

You disagree. Welp lets start with the facts. You were indeed wrong in your first post, and you did have a shitty attitude. Secondly you prefer them just add items to armas marketplace like they've been doing for years AND FAILING. Good idea there, bud. To top it off you compared season pass to lootboxes which is also mind blowing that you would stoop so low to say that because you see what you're getting in the season pass and its not RNG at all if you get it or not. Lootboxes is RNG, a gamble, and season pass is simply not, therefore not making it the same at all. 100+ items in a season pass for the price of one skin > one item for the price of one skin. HMMMMM, what sounds better? Again its annoying asf that just because you got a little of reputation because you maybe spend a little bit too much time on the forums posting at every little thread, that you get responded to by LO, and its almost like they take your words as if it's the whole community speaking which has clearly been proven to be dumb to do since you're wrong about half the shit you say. Disagree all you want but that would prove further your stupidity because those are FACTS at this point. You had an attitude, you were wrong in the first post, lootboxes are nothing like season pass.

Edited by SweetLikeCandy

32 minutes ago, SweetLikeCandy said:

He is not saying that Lootboxes and season passes are one in the same. He is saying they are both disgusting business practices that target consumers in different ways. One aiming for the gambling aspect and the other capitalizing of the fear of missing out.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

He is not saying that Lootboxes and season passes are one in the same. He is saying they are both disgusting business practices that target consumers in different ways. One aiming for the gambling aspect and the other capitalizing of the fear of missing out.

Again 100+ items for price of one > or 1 item for price of 1 🤔
Season passes are great from my experiences.

Edited by SweetLikeCandy

1 hour ago, SweetLikeCandy said:

You disagree. Welp lets start with the facts. You were indeed wrong in your first post, and you did have a shitty attitude. Secondly you prefer them just add items to armas marketplace like they've been doing for years AND FAILING. Good idea there, bud. To top it off you compared season pass to lootboxes which is also mind blowing that you would stoop so low to say that because you see what you're getting in the season pass and its not RNG at all if you get it or not. Lootboxes is RNG, a gamble, and season pass is simply not, therefore not making it the same at all. 100+ items in a season pass for the price of one skin > one item for the price of one skin. HMMMMM, what sounds better? Again its annoying asf that just because you got a little of reputation because you maybe spend a little bit too much time on the forums posting at every little thread, that you get responded to by LO, and its almost like they take your words as if it's the whole community speaking which has clearly been proven to be dumb to do since you're wrong about half the shit you say. Disagree all you want but that would prove further your stupidity because those are FACTS at this point. You had an attitude, you were wrong in the first post, lootboxes are nothing like season pass.

First off, LO doesn't actually treat me any different because I'm, "popular," I simply posted relatively early in the thread and was posting criticism instead of praising LO. Even if LO was giving me unfair treatment though, that wouldn't be even remotely my fault.

Second, calm the fuck down. Even if I did still have actual discussions on the APB forums, I wouldn't be having one with someone who's acting like a rabid wolverine.

Not wanting APB to change is no different than wanting it to die. 

The game as it is currently, is a failure.

To pretend otherwise is to lie to yourselves. 

Either join in shaping the change, or crawl back into your holes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Who said they don't want APB to change?

Did anyone say that APB is fine like it is? I'm trying to join in shaping the change by telling my mind, just the same as people who are praising LO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Who said they don't want APB to change?

Did anyone say that APB is fine like it is? I'm trying to join in shaping the change by telling my mind, just the same as people who are praising LO.

Not talking to you.

You can tell by the lack of quotes or @Kewlin

Edited by CookiePuss

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Not talking to you.

You can tell by the lack of quotes or @Kewlin

I didn't say you were, but find the person who said, "I don't want change, I think APB should stay the same forever."

I've never seen that person on the forums, nor in this thread.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

I didn't say you were, but find the person who said, "I don't want change, I think APB should stay the same forever."

I've never seen that person on the forums, nor in this thread.

You've not seen people resistant to change?

Or worse, people saying nonsense like "X isn't APB" ?

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

I mean in all fairness people don't have to agree with the direction it is going now. They are welcome to feel it isn't the right call. That doesn't mean they want APB to remain a "failure" (a game that remained live this game is still a success in some capacity!). I'd be one of 'em, but simply because of how risky any sort of BR mode in a long-standing title typically pans out. Commercially those wind up being failures in a lot of cases. BR games in general do at that.. so ya know. Tad scared of the outcome and worry they may have wasted a lot of funds on an idea that statistically is a terrible bet, in my opinion. 

I always firmly believed an expansion on fight club mechanics was the more sound route to go. People have always complained about how bland it is. Hell, most of fight club is was never finished anyhow. People would probably appreciate seeing that glacier of an update moving again after all these years. Then utilize that as a test bed for mission changes, altering maps, etc. I'd always prefer they take a more measured approach over something inherently prone to failure. Especially one that in theory allows for lessons to be learned for other existing aspects of the game, and eases into new things over something highly risky and wholly new. 

That said some people are being total dicks about it. That I gotta side with you on. People don't need to be a-holes just because they don't agree with something. That's uncalled for and does no good at all. 

Edited by Genobee
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genobee said:

I mean in all fairness people don't have to agree with the direction it is going now. They are welcome to feel it isn't the right call. That doesn't mean they want APB to remain a "failure" (a game that remained live this game is still a success in some capacity!). I'd be one of 'em, but simply because of how risky any sort of BR mode in a long-standing title typically pans out. Commercially those wind up being failures in a lot of cases. BR games in general do at that.. so ya know. Tad scared of the outcome and worry they may have wasted a lot of funds on an idea that statistically is a terrible bet, in my opinion. 

I always firmly believed an expansion on fight club mechanics was the more sound route to go. People have always complained about how bland it is. Hell, most of fight club is was never finished anyhow. People would probably appreciate seeing that glacier of an update moving again after all these years. Then utilize that as a test bed for mission changes, altering maps, etc. I'd always prefer they take a more measured approach over something inherently prone to failure. Especially one that in theory allows for lessons to be learned for other existing aspects of the game, and eases into new things over something highly risky and wholly new. 

That said some people are being total dicks about it. That I gotta side with you on. People don't need to be a-holes just because they don't agree with something. That's uncalled for and does no good at all. 

Honestly an expansion on FC sounds like a cool idea.

Maybe write up a suggestion on how to expand on it.

Ive always found it a bit bland myself, as well.

Edited by CookiePuss

5 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You've not seen people resistant to change?

Or worse, people saying nonsense like "X isn't APB" ?

There are several, perhaps even infinite ways to change APB, so simply disagreeing with one, or even twelve particular ways APB could be taken does not mean that person thinks APB needs to remain stagnant.

11 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

There are several, perhaps even infinite ways to change APB, so simply disagreeing with one, or even twelve particular ways APB could be taken does not mean that person thinks APB needs to remain stagnant.

I feel like you may have accidentally quoted me.

4 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I feel like you may have accidentally quoted me.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

59 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Honestly an expansion on FC sounds like a cool idea.

Maybe write up a suggestion on how to expand on it.

Ive always found it a bit bland myself, as well.

I think the devs mentioned that years ago that they wanted to add missions to it. I dont know if LO has made a statement on FC but honestly, that wouldve made the most sense. Im sure the previous team had plans on what and how everything was to be implemented and LO could improve and go off that. Im not really sold on this BR thing and I feel this will pan out like a normal event. PEople check it out for the first few days and then the pop dies out. I dont know whats going on with the pay this and season pass that. When its implemented, Ill figure it out myself.

For me, the number one thing for new content is new missions. Our 2 mission districts are big enough to be played around with. But I guess they chose the BR route. I just hope after the engine upgrade, like the previous devs said, adding in content should be much quicker.

I will also be buying Season Pass.  Question though Scott, can you add new skins or clothes to Season pass like they do in PUBG or Fortnite or no?