MattScott

Full RIOT Rundown

11 minutes ago, MattScott said:

It's actually both. Sorry for the confusion.

Teams have the option of collecting PDAs and choosing blocks to close to get large amounts of cash.

But if they don't, the game will close down blocks at random.

The plan is to also sell he RIOT Pass on its own, and for players who have Premium, you'll get the discount.

Ah cool, thanks for that answers...

That all sounds verry verry nice.

Thanks for all that cool Stuff, content and hard work you and your team put into APB. Also thanks to the APB Community for all the awsome ideas and the years of fun. I am looking forward and hope to play APB until my Premium runs out. 😀 That means 8 years of fun....

Lol, misstyped... i mean 3k days, not 9k 😵

Somewhere on the map is the final block where an armored truck and the driver waits someone to bribe him. 

It would be cool 🙄

1_apbtruck_front1.jpg?token=FtWW40G08cbe

• Thanks 1

On the subject of exclusives and keeping them limited or simply rereleasing them. 

An old game I use to play called AQW releases season rare items but added the year to the end of each items name, like “witches robes 2019”. So obviously the longer ago it was. The rarer it is. Maybe this is something APB could do, its a pretty solid solution to me.

Just my 2 cents. 

Sorry for mistakes, very sleepy.

Edited by Nanometic

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

Essentially there are 10 contact levels that all players can progress through each season.

All players will get the rewards for reaching each level. Sometimes those are APB$ and sometimes those are items. These are entirely free.

RIOT Pass players will also get RIOT tokens at certain contact levels that can be spent to get additional Premium items from the RIOT Shop.

Over time, once we have enough items in the shop, we'll start rotating older items out and adding them to ARMAS. We might possibly do the same with the seasonal free items.

We haven't locked in the pricing, but let's assume that RIOT Pass costs $5.99 (it will definitely be less than Premium is right now). Then players who have purchased that pass and been able to achieve all 10 levels will have tokens they can spend for a couple items in the RIOT Shop that might later be available in ARMAS for $9.99-$19.99 each. In other words, our hope is to make RIOT a less expensive way to get premium items.

We're also lowering the cost of Premium (pricing hasn't been locked in), but let's say the new price is $6.99 ($1 less than it is now). In this example, all players will benefit from less expensive Premium. And there will be a new 2 month Premium deal for $13.99 that includes the RIOT Pass for free. Those players will get less expensive Premium benefits and access to the RIOT shop for no extra cost.

EDIT: We didn't include any pricing examples in the blog, because I think it would have further confused people.

However I am using hypotheticals here to illustrate our overall goal.

Ok thanks for clearing this up, I'm a little less angry over this now, I'm still not a total fan of the pass but how you explained it, makes me feel just ok about it.

• Like 2

Thanks for the rundown! I actually like it. For me FIGHTCLUB is APB along with ACTION DISTRICT, so RIOT will too. My main focus gonna stay on missions but I'll give RIOT a try. I'm curious about the new currency and the map (new objects). But what I start thinking about is that 6 month premium gets removed. I always choosed it because its the best price of all. Maybe I'll just wait and see how it looks like.

So now the regular districts will be even more empty......? 😥

8 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Please, for the fucking love of God Matt, stop with this season bullshoot.

Everything about this new progression shit you're adding is so fucking convoluted and stupid: just add shit to ARMAS to make money.

*EDIT* Also, requiring players to play RIOT, which sounds really shitty and like it has nothing to do with APB, to progress, needs to not be a thing at the very least. Just allow people to play what they want to play, not force them to play your new mode.

I agree 100%. 

7 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

This is certainly, imo, an issue and One already exacerbated by fight club. But if I understand correctly, the overall long term plan is to have RIOT and later 3.5 bring in new players, raising the overall player count. 

While initially this might not help higher threat players such as yourself, eventually it could spawn a whole new generation of skilled gamers. 

Fingers crossed. 

I believe adding new contacts to get maxed out players, playing again should happen first, then add game modes once the population increases.

I hate the season pass thing. I feel like all the best content will go there, while casual gamers like myself will get scraps.

This is a shame, because I have been playing and patiently waiting for many years

Those premium changes sound really positive! We've said for a long time that the cooldowns should be reduced for everyone and not just paying players - seeing its price reduced is even better!

I have a question @MattScott - will the contact levels in RIOT mode come from brand new created contacts just for the mode (In the same way Anarchy District had Praetorian Shadowstrike and Bloodrose Assassin contacts)? I've been slightly fearful that the final two contacts in the pipeline Lynette Casey and Lucas Van Rooyen have been plucked from the main progression for this new game mode.

@MattScott

RIOT sounds very interesting. It contains elements other BR games don't have such as speeding up zone-closure, bribing the escape-vehicle, etc. Excellent work. Protect your ideas before another BR-game steals them 😍

Is it safe to say that ARG-participants already earned 1 out of the 15 RIOT tokens for the 1st pass, or do you plan for the ARG-token to have its own purpose later?

unknown.png

@MattScott

Could you give more info on the new content item wise? what items should we expect directly with the launch or at least during May? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MattScott said:

My hope is that we can line up the official launch with the engine upgrade, and then kick off all the marketing.

Inb4 APB commercials on the TV

Start with a pistol?

Oh man this mode is my mode ❤️

I just hope you thought about 100m viewing range stuff and snipers. I can (even if it is random, mostly) allready see everyone with HVR's and anyone who even dares to walk on the street will be tagged 8 times...

CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS ❤️ THO!

Edit: Will there be a permanent season pass for RIOT mode? I don't mind paying one/two (maybe even three?) years in advance, truly.

Edited by koenyboy500

Hi, @MattScott
You said that RIOT only supports random teams in order to avoid teams of grandmasters destroying beginners.

The mode was very much designed for new players to jump in and have fun. It only uses randomly grouped teams to help balance things.

But now, in the description of RIOT it is written that you can play with friends. Is it so? Have you decided to add teams?
I understand: it is difficult. Both options have significant drawbacks.

Also, from the mode you need to remove NTEC (It is balanced. But with the correct timings, it allows you to shoot "bullet on bullet. bullet. bullet. bullet" and turns into a rifle that kills in a second. RIOT for newbies? Then remove NTEC), RFP-9, Explosive Weapons, as well as weapons with which beginners will feel discomfort. I am talking about machine guns, especially ALIG. Certainly - not all weapons should be good, but weapons that “troll” should be as small as possible. I say this, remembering Santa's Christmas boxes / Valentine's boxes - They consist of a terrible weapon. Is a mockery((( I very much hope that weapons of the type SBSR, ALIG, and weapons with improper modifications - as little as possible. Also, it would be nice to introduce the rarity of the weapon, so that it is denoted by colors.

UPD: Who puts dislikes? Explain what I wrote wrong!

Edited by vfterlife

not sure about the season pass being exclusive only to riot mode. 

I would prefer the classic mission gameplay of APB, rather a battle royale game mode.

Is there any possibility to have some kind of reward system for mission districts included in this battle pass, or is it just for the riot mode?

What ever people think about battleroyale, I believe it's a really smart move from LO in order to attract people.

Well done it looks promising

Merged.

14 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Say you add a German riot police helmet to a season, and you have a system where you can only get season specific items for a year. 16 months later, Joe Shmoe comes back to APB 'cause some friends told him it was good again or some shit, and he sees some dude with the German riot helmet, and he thinks, "oh shit, that's cool, and I've always wanted to make a GSG9 cosplay in APB!"

Guess what, he can't, and he never will be able to.

This, is really true and should really be considered.

(excepted if "Players who enter RIOT at any point in the future will start at the season one.") will be the actual situation 

7 hours ago, Farbon Ciber said:

I believe adding new contacts to get maxed out players, playing again should happen first, then add game modes once the population increases.

Hell no. I hate new contacts. They add no new content to the game. Some garbage mods and maybe a skin or a kit isnt enough to bring anyone back. New contacts should be the last thing this game needs. What we actually need, to bring vet and other players back, is new frikkin content. New missions, new districts, shit like that. Not some stupid patootie contacts. Do u think I like grinding the same mission for a stupid skin for the next 10 hours?

• Like 1

So... It's literally some kind of Battle Royale after all. Isn't it? Having to start with a pistol and pick up random weapons. Until you have enough money to buy your own loadout.

can we get a small balance patch of a few weapons to make this game a bit more tolerable to play in the meanwhile?? danke

6 hours ago, killerskull said:

Hell no. I hate new contacts. They add no new content to the game. Some garbage mods and maybe a skin or a kit isnt enough to bring anyone back. New contacts should be the last thing this game needs. What we actually need, to bring vet and other players back, is new frikkin content. New missions, new districts, shit like that. Not some stupid patootie contacts. Do u think I like grinding the same mission for a stupid skin for the next 10 hours?

new contacts == new content, new missions, new districts (will need new contacts)

19 hours ago, MattScott said:

My hope is that we can line up the official launch with the engine upgrade, and then kick off all the marketing.

tenor.gif

6 hours ago, owzzy said:

new contacts == new content, new missions, new districts (will need new contacts)

Up until now whenever weve had new contacts, theyve only brought in shitty titles and mods. So going on that, I dont see new content being added with new contacts. So new missions by far need to come before contacts or anything. I dont want the team to waste time modeling and making back stories for an object that just stands there being useless giving you missions. Just add new missions to existing contacts. Finish up with FC and have new missions there. Perhaps have new contacts there if there is a need. 

On 4/19/2019 at 7:53 PM, Kewlin said:

Okay, I'm willing to give this a chance if the content in the season pass (barring maybe titles or something) is in permanently available. If the content is limited time though, that is my major issue.

Season passes are, traditionally, a trick to prey on people's tendencies both to need to try to get limited time content, and inability to understand accumulated costs, at least in my opinion and to my understanding. If, for example, you allow people to get everything in the current season for free, and then put up every season on ARMAS for, IDK, $20-50, then I'd think that was totally fine, perhaps even good.

What I don't want, and what I think would destroy so much of the fun of APB, which is cosmetics, is for, I don't know. . . let's make up an example.

Say you add a German riot police helmet to a season, and you have a system where you can only get season specific items for a year. 16 months later, Joe Shmoe comes back to APB 'cause some friends told him it was good again or some shit, and he sees some dude with the German riot helmet, and he thinks, "oh shit, that's cool, and I've always wanted to make a GSG9 cosplay in APB!"

Guess what, he can't, and he never will be able to.

IMO this is something that should never happen to APB. So much of APB is about having fun with customizing shit to your hearts content, and if there starts to be any sizable amount of limited time cosmetics in APB the game will quite honestly start to suck.

If you do that, I.E. allow players to be able to get anything from any season at any point, even if it's behind a paywall, I'll be 99% fine with all of the things you're saying you're doing, even if I think RIOT is a huge waste of time and resources on your part, and makes fuck all sense from a lore perspective. If I don't need to play RIOT or buy every season pass soon while it's running, then sure, whatever, have a ball. In general though, every season pass system I've seen has been morally despicable, and in my opinion as bad as lootboxes.

There, there's my much longer explanation of my issues, with a lower concentration of cussing and insults.

I can't believe the logic you have since the first post you posted on this thread. Season pass is such a great idea for one. Backing this statement, the reason its good is because its forces Little Orbit to continue making new content and new things/ new rewards for us every season rather than every decade. The reason season passes are made in so many games is because they are successful, in no way shape or form is it bad for the player really at all. You usually buy a season pass and you get all the rewards you can get in the time period of the season. AND the fact you're complaining about the possibility of items being exclusive to people who bust arse to unlock them is ridiculous. You say that should never happen and that statement is bs. Someone who is LOYAL to the game and has played when those certain rewards are out should get the items and the people who didn't stay loyal and didn't play the game at the time shouldn't have that chance. Being a limited time item enforces people to keep active and play APB more than your non exclusive items idea, meaning people cant quit the game, not give a flying F what is happening, and then come back and pay for it. That's beyond stupid. I don't wanna bust arse to unlock something and then later down the road see someone else with the thing I worked so hard for because he threw acouple of dollars at LO all because you're too much of a snowflake to play the mode and unlock it yourself. Not to mention your attitude in your first post towards LO and being wrong about the whole mode in a whole. It's disappointing to see you're one of the more known and well respected community members on this forum after those statements. Shaming LO for making new content, smfh.

Edited by SweetLikeCandy
  • Thanks 1