Lixil

New message from Matt

What I really want to happen about every new stuff that comes for APB is for it to not be hastened, like the IR3 nerf that got reversed.

Please, do not be hasty about stuff that you guys want to bring to APB.

Sure, the Engine Upgrade has been and still is a hot topic but make the Upgrade perfect. There will obviously be people who will complain even when the new engine comes but I guess that's that..

Forth-story-short, take your time with everything.

On 4/18/2019 at 9:38 PM, Kewlin said:

Can you please, for the love of all that's good, answer whether PC 3.5 APB will have PC or console vehicle stats, specifically with concern to the ability to do wheelies?

This has been asked many times, and you really should address it, or if you don't have a current opinion on it, figure out an opinion.

I know I'd be very, very sad to have console no-wheelie cars personally.

Oh, and also, why from 12:00-3:00? That's rather very much out of the time available of almost anyone working full-time in the U.S.

Wheelies weren't even an intended feature. That was a bug.

1 hour ago, damn2112 said:

Wheelies weren't even an intended feature. That was a bug.

So?

Also, there's a difference between a bug and an oversight.

7 hours ago, Kewlin said:

So?

Also, there's a difference between a bug and an oversight.

U can't have all in this world, also if they "fix" driving because a lot of people complain about it will be lose either way

On 4/18/2019 at 7:35 PM, Kewlin said:

It's not really even about 4x4 stunts, it's about the fact that so much of what makes APB good is how absurd and hilarious it is.

Every little thing we lose from that is a significant loss. I'd take bad performance (which I don't honestly have issues with: APB runs basically fine for me) over the game losing its soul any day.

Ultimately though, vehicle handling and the EU are basically unrelated, it's just up to what LO decides on.

I agree with you. I think the issue is not just about wheelies. Its about possibly neutering the PC version of the game, just to equalize the code against all platforms. I think we have all seen other games port console versions of games to PC, often with terrible results.

• Like 1

Gotta agree with Kewlin here.  A big part of what makes APB fun is how ridiculous it is and a lot of that comes from the driving.  Would I like to see vehicles rebalanced? Yes.  But not like this.  Making any vehicle less fun to drive is a terrible idea, even if the thing that makes it fun is caused by an oversight.  I don't even think we can call wheelies an oversight, G1 knew from the start that they would happen when they added Nitro.  They even had a short clip of a Vegas doing a backflip from a standstill on their dev blog before the release of Nitro.  Plus wheelies add to the "awe factor" for new players.  Newbie's reactions are hilarious to seeing a Vegas pop a wheelie or jump off of another car for the first time.

• Like 1

Just now, BrandonBranderson said:

Gotta agree with Kewlin here.  A big part of what makes APB fun is how ridiculous it is and a lot of that comes from the driving.  Would I like to see vehicles rebalanced? Yes.  But not like this.  Making any vehicle less fun to drive is a terrible idea, even if the thing that makes it fun is caused by an oversight.  I don't even think we can call wheelies an oversight, G1 knew from the start that they would happen when they added Nitro.  They even had a short clip of a Vegas doing a backflip from a standstill on their dev blog before the release of Nitro.  Plus wheelies add to the "awe factor" for new players.  Newbie's reactions are hilarious to seeing a Vegas pop a wheelie or jump off of another car for the first time.

Same here. 

Wheelies ain't never hurt nobody.

And they can be fun af. 

1 question for @MattScott

Will the 2 "new contacts"

Add any items the pc version doesn't have yet Or is it mainly to help the consoles get most of the missing content?

Can we remove the stupid patootie OOB system already and open San Paro back up to exploration?  Literally never ran into people abusing OOB areas in missions except VASLORD that one time years ago lmao

10 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

Can we remove the stupid patootie OOB system already and open San Paro back up to exploration?  Literally never ran into people abusing OOB areas in missions except VASLORD that one time years ago lmao

+++++++++

so far so good LO
so far so good.

53 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

What good is OOB without wheelies?

pxlcvtP.gif

15 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

What good is OOB without wheelies?

I thought LO was trying to improve APB and make it better, without the stupid patootie OOB that literally noone fucking likes at all, and VERY APPARENTLY DIDNT DO SHIT FOR THE HALLOWEEN EVENTS, please remove the stupid system.  

Back when apb was actually good