Hiaro

Can ex-cheaters really go legit?

If you don't have to win all the time, then you don't have to cheat, winning doesn't really matter past R255.

7 hours ago, vsonyp0wer-xyz said:

Uh Disagree. Cheaters are most commonly banned with those weapons in their hands. Which wants to say something

if a cheater is using it, it must be too op. And it is.

The only counter for a OSCAR user is to take an OSMAW / AAEPD Volcano

then he will start flaming u 

by your logic spoons make people fat.....

43 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

by your logic spoons make people fat.....

Eat a soup with a fork and tell me again that spoons don't make people fat. :classic_ninja:

2 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Eat a soup with a fork and tell me again that spoons don't make people fat. :classic_ninja:

VIIWItV.gif

Speaking from experience here, yes: https://ffbans.org/Jericho/NotTheEnforcer

Rank 210-ish I think now?

Haven't played in a few months due to lack of updates/changes. When I was cheating, it was because I didn't care about the game, and more importantly, I didnt care about learning it either. At that time, everyone knew APB was going downhill and that it was gonna get closed down eventually, cheaters were rampant in those times, Id often face them myself and it became a hack-off lol.

Now, I play legit, and Im surprised that Im actually good at the game too lol. Just gotta learn to play your own style, try new things, see what works and what doesnt. I figured out that Im really good at close-mid range fights, but I tend to lose more long range fights unless Im using launchers.

Granted, only a small amount of people will go back to playing legitimately. Most cheaters ditched the game after getting banned AFAIK. Some really dedicated trolls kept rerolling to drive players out.

Edited by NotTheEnforcer

24 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

When I was cheating, it was because I didn't care about the game, and more importantly, I didnt care about learning it either.

You used free or bought hacks? Not everyone learn and become pro despite how much they play.

4 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

its soup

doesnt matter if you eat it with your shoe although the shoe would make it more filling

On 4/18/2019 at 9:14 PM, Kiida said:

I've only seen a couple go legit and stay that way. Most don't, they can't stand playing without that ego boost.

always strange to see god tier players suddenly became average.

On 4/20/2019 at 6:16 PM, TheJellyGoo said:

I eat soup with crackers... and a fork...

Depends on whether they're lazy or not.  If they're lazy then they will keep cheating, if not then they'll get off their @ss and play for themselves.

Edited by BrandonBranderson

On 4/20/2019 at 9:51 AM, BXNNXD said:

better nerf the fbw too then, i bet more cheaters have been banned with an fbw equipped than any other gun

balancing your game around cheaters is flat out stupid, you’ll only end up putting your legit player base at even more of a disadvantage because (pro tip) cheaters don’t care how weak a gun is when they can land every shot and outmaneuver their opp

I couldn't agree more. 

You out here talking about cheaters in fuckin videogames like they're ex-prisoners... Come on lmao

Edited by _chain

1 hour ago, _chain said:

You out here talking about cheaters in fuckin videogames like they're ex-prisoners... Come on lmao

Cheaters actively damage businesses. Just a matter of time until the industry grows old enough for the law to be an incorporated factor.

Oddly enough not just felonies but repeated minor criminal activities can just as much lead to prison - very odd how this cuts into the threads question if cheaters can stop.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, onionopinions said:

anyone who has ever cheated in a virtual game should go to prison, you heard it here first boys

Your fruitless attempt to disprove the logic by laughably using an hyperbole just shows your ignorance on the topic.

Not like I expected anything substantial but it just shows that the issue lies in the perception of cheating itself which takes a certain degree of maturity to comprehend the far-reaching implications.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Your fruitless attempt to disprove the logic by laughably using an hyperbole just shows your ignorance on the topic.

Not like I expected anything substantial but it just shows that the issue lies in the perception of cheating itself which takes a certain degree of maturity to comprehend the far-reaching implications.

I think the point that he's trying to make is that your point is far-reaching at best. Cheaters actively damage the industry, yes. But the damage they do is incredibly minimal in the grand scheme of things, not to mention the many active countermeasures available to deter cheating. US Courts will never find cheating an imprison-able crime as there are more than enough deterrents available to all companies. They'd majority rule that if a company's revenue or production is severely hampered by cheating, then the company isn't doing enough to prevent it.

We're not a communist regime. We don't burn books and we don't imprison cheaters simply because they choose to cheat. We tell the companies to grow the fuck up and use the countermeasures that they all have access to, or develop their own.

32 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

I think the point that he's trying to make is that your point is far-reaching at best. Cheaters actively damage the industry, yes. But the damage they do is incredibly minimal in the grand scheme of things, not to mention the many active countermeasures available to deter cheating. US Courts will never find cheating an imprison-able crime as there are more than enough deterrents available to all companies. They'd majority rule that if a company's revenue or production is severely hampered by cheating, then the company isn't doing enough to prevent it.

We're not a communist regime. We don't burn books and we don't imprison cheaters simply because they choose to cheat. We tell the companies to grow the fuck up and use the countermeasures that they all have access to, or develop their own.

Sure imprison-able crime is straight up a rather obscene punishment and would very likely only ever be for the most severe cases of cheat distribution.

But again I wasn't the one who said to lock up all them cheaters that was his hyperbole. I said it should be punishable by law and there is more diversity of punishments than prison or no prison so...?

Going with your sentiment I assume thievery is not punishable either or if it is why don't you tell your companies to grow the fuck up and use countermeasures against thievery as well? 

After all it's in their discretion to make use of store detectives, video security, radio labels and others. Their fault for not securing their wares enough, right? Why bother the law with those acts?

4 hours ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Going with your sentiment I assume thievery is not punishable either or if it is why don't you tell your companies to grow the fuck up and use countermeasures against thievery as well? 

After all it's in their discretion to make use of store detectives, video security, radio labels and others. Their fault for not securing their wares enough, right? Why bother the law with those acts?

Apples to Oranges, kid. Try your useless comparisons on someone who didn't study law. (Business Law at that)

Ill give you the very basic rundown of why online cheating (that doesn't directly involve business affairs, for example: cheating in video games as compared to online gambling, which is a direct business-related affair) isn't an actual crime in the US Courts: Because the resources spent finding and punishing those who do it far outweighs the industry effects of the cheaters.

That's extremely basic industry/law, you should know that.

Think about it, Ill use myself as an example: I cheated on APB for roughly half a year, if that. I probably caused a couple dozen people to ragequit from their session. But, the actual revenue impact of that? I'd be surprised if I even cost them a single dollar of their revenue stream. DDOS'ers take out more revenue than a cheater ever will, which is why DDOS'ing is an actual punishable crime, because it can significantly affect a digitally-based company. So why would a court waste some undisclosed fuckload of resources, manpower, and money, to track me down, and fine me....what? 30 cents in damages?

You see how useless that idea is now?

Edited by NotTheEnforcer

7 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Apples to Oranges, kid. Try your useless comparisons on someone who didn't study law. (Business Law at that)

Ill give you the very basic rundown of why online cheating (that doesn't directly involve business affairs, for example: cheating in video games as compared to online gambling, which is a direct business-related affair) isn't an actual crime in the US Courts: Because the resources spent finding and punishing those who do it far outweighs the industry effects of the cheaters.

That's extremely basic industry/law, you should know that

You only pointed out that not that cheating cant turn into convictions but just that usually cheating doesn't turn into convictions.

Right now, it costs too much money (according to you) to find and catch cheat developers, however, if that were to change by some form of technology reducing this cost generally (since for extreme cases this technology already works) , we would be right where thejellygoo theorized we would be.

Saying something is improbable as opposed to being impossible is quite literally talking apples to oranges.

Once the means are realistically applicable, the courts wont do anything to stop them from happening.

We're talking a gigantic industry with millions of people. That seems like it could have a big effect on a game or gaming industry.

If youre appart of the problem you should be held accountable.

Do you get let off from jail time because during a riot you only stole 1 item and everyone else stole 50?

Do you get let off from jail because you only beat up a person someone else killed?

Also; see Nazi's. Not every Nazi would have killed someone but they were held accountable for the actions of their ideals.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog
  • Thanks 2

Yes lets make more laws that can not be enforced properly when there are already laws in place that can not be enforced properly.

Also the comparisons are a bit of a stretch.

12 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

That's extremely basic industry/law, you should know that.

Think about it, Ill use myself as an example: I cheated on APB for roughly half a year, if that. I probably caused a couple dozen people to ragequit from their session. But, the actual revenue impact of that? I'd be surprised if I even cost them a single dollar of their revenue stream. DDOS'ers take out more revenue than a cheater ever will, which is why DDOS'ing is an actual punishable crime, because it can significantly affect a digitally-based company. So why would a court waste some undisclosed fuckload of resources, manpower, and money, to track me down, and fine me....what? 30 cents in damages?

Yes, very sophisticated of you to resort to calling me a kid. I think it would be more helpful for your case if you went after my arguments and not person.

You keep talking about the present and it's obvious flaws as to why it isn't a viable option to go after cheaters now (where I agree with you).

However I can clearly remember that I opened with "Just a matter of time until the industry grows old enough for the law to be an incorporated factor" which insinuates a time in the future.

A time when major sponsors find their way into esport, when consumers might need to deposit some sort of IDs and when there is generally more money on the line.

How often do I read that "ah that kid cheated when he was xx years old" shouldn't punish him because he did sth. stupid when he was young.

The perception of cheating is wrong and sth. needs to change so young people growing up know straight away that it is wrong and not okay to do because everybody forgives it anyway due to age.

Seeing as you proclaim that the damages you did while cheating for half a year amount to less than a dollar show how wrong your own perception on the topic is.

While you are just one cheater you are part of a collective problem that causes exponential more damage.

Not to forget the ruined time of the players that you have met over half a year (hard to put a prize on that). Unless you say they don't matter?

Given this time I am really reaching far since that can hardly be called criminal rather just a case of egoistical pleasant fellow. Pardon. Educated egoistical pleasant fellow. Cheers.

btw banned players shouldnt be able to use obt/cbt veteran tittles...

when i was called cheater while using a low lvl char, they would usually say "nice cheat dude, you were banned and now u started a new char". AND THERE i used to equip my obt tittle and they would shut up their mouth.. now i can't do that anymore because banned players are using tittles too.

"i was never banned, can you see my obt title?" doesn't work anymore, sad...

ofc there was always that guy saying "probably a bought account" but meh..

Edited by Uhtdred

4 minutes ago, YakuzaStyle said:

Cheaters never stop cheating, they only turn down their settings.

if a cheater turns all his settings to zero, is he still cheating?

9 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

if a cheater turns all his settings to zero, is he still cheating?

Your question doesn't make any sense. Just because he turns off his cheats for 4 minutes doesn't mean that person isn't a cheater anymore. There's a guarantee he'll just turn it on again when he's losing. That's what togglers do.

Edited by YakuzaStyle
Added information.