Japlord

stop resetting config files

make it so some random update doesn't delete my config changes it is getting really annoying to redo them every single time for some 10mb patch??? thanks. this game is not fun to play vanilla

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

its like 3 seconds of extra work dude lol

ok but no one asked for this cringe event lol just stop updating the game until engine update like g1 said 🙂

• Like 1

Rename your modified file and use a launch argument to tell APB to use it. For example, I renamed mine to A_APBCompat.ini and launch APB with the following command:

-COMPATINI=..\APBGame\Config\A_APBCompat.ini

This will work with most of the config files.

• Like 1

Maybe, play the game without editing the files, like everyone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Japlord said:

ok but no one asked for this cringe event lol just stop updating the game until engine update like g1 said 🙂

I actually asked for this event specifically, since G1 isn't around anymore to complete the engine upgrade.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Japlord said:

make it so some random update doesn't delete my config changes it is getting really annoying to redo them every single time for some 10mb patch??? thanks. this game is not fun to play vanilla

You should be thankful that they allow you to edit all your files and not banning you for it and you complain about the smallest most irrelevant thing ever. People are great.

3 hours ago, AOSCMP said:

There are only a handful of people who play the game vanilla because the current vanilla game sucks terribly on every level.

• Thanks 2

just make a copy of all your edited .ini and copy paste them back in... or do what mrhappypenguin suggested (which is alot more clever).

4 hours ago, AOSCMP said:

EVERYONE else?

Have we finally gotten some data on this?

Or are you just saying, "none of my friends edit files"?

2 hours ago, Flaws said:

There are only a handful of people who play the game vanilla because the current vanilla game sucks terribly on every level.

Playing "vanilla" since start .. 2012-13. Never had any problems tho my PC is potato. Personally i would ban everyone who edits online game files.

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

Playing "vanilla" since start .. 2012-13. Never had any problems tho my PC is potato. Personally i would ban everyone who edits online game files.

good thing you aren’t in charge then

45 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

I'm agree. LO should ban also for editing sensitivity and key bindings

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

I've tried out Advanced APB Launcher wen it came out and back in 2017 when my girlfriend needed help but in general i play vanilla since the beginning, since this game has born and i never have had any problems at all.

Well, i would like some more customization in the section of the HUD liek other games have but isn't useless atleast, it's cool for me, nto the best one but isn't that bad.

Personally i would ban who edit not colors of kills feed and easy stuff liek this but other strange stuff you know.. with APB config files if you have a bit of knowledge you can make the game totally different from the normal one and i don't agree at all with that, if i play that game i want it to be how i saw it and how i loved to see things, no fun to make the game looks like another one.

1 hour ago, Lign said:

I'm agree. LO should ban also for editing sensitivity and key bindings

A bit to much there 😂

Key bindings is something i think need to be adjusted, like.. scroll wheel and other stuff related them but honestly pretty much everything is fine for me.

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

scroll wheel

2019 and people still think scroll wheel shooting is feasible, am i in the twilight zone?

i hope i'm misinterpreting your post

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

scroll wheel and other stuff related them

No one actually does this , it's just a huge pain in the butt and the drawbacks of it outwheigh the advantages by far

Advanced APB Launcher preserves config file settings. Whenever you have to update the game, just run the APB launcher through the advanced launcher, then open the settings tab, it then automatically updates the settings that you changed. When you finish, just play the game. Pretty easy way to preserve settings.

My GPU is no longer a potato, so default launcher has been sufficient for me. Although, I probably could go back, and reduce the smoke settings through the advanced launcher to keep the damn fire and nades from short changing my fps by 10-15 frames.

7 hours ago, Ketog said:

No one actually does this , it's just a huge pain in the butt and the drawbacks of it outwheigh the advantages by far

Lets be real, someone does this and they think they are the next level super sleuth for doing so.

this is y u hav backups nerd

lrn to config

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 9:26 PM, Japlord said:

I'd rather have new content and new players because of it rather than the same stagnant APB we had for years.

Of course I want the engine update , but you  know what?

We need growth here or it only loses players from boredom.

Edit : forgot to add it is Little Orbit not G1

Edited by Fortune Runner

21 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

That doesn't make the vanilla game acceptable in any way lol

Bans for MOST config changes would be unacceptable before a stable version of the engine upgrade is released. (save for particle removals, those are cheating basically.)

Edited by Flaws

Can't wait for when the engine upgrade comes out and all the config changers will whine because they can't edit them anymore.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, GhosT said:

Can't wait for when the engine upgrade comes out and all the config changers will whine because they can't edit them anymore.

462480721156767764.png?v=1

On 4/18/2019 at 2:23 PM, Japlord said:

user files can not be changed when updating the launcher .

1 hour ago, Flaws said:

Bans for MOST config changes would be unacceptable before a stable version of the engine upgrade is released. (save for particle removals, those are cheating basically.)

great detail  !

On 4/18/2019 at 8:10 AM, CookiePuss said:

EVERYONE else?

Have we finally gotten some data on this?

Or are you just saying, "none of my friends edit files"?

Yes, Maybe, No? Anyway, I love waiting for people on twitch to stream the game with shaders, and I go ahead and report them. 🙂