"The Servers Are Fine"

"The Servers aren't a problem"

"We need better mitigation, not to change host"

"Our host isn't at fault"

MY internet speed, test done 10 minutes ago:

8195614773.png

APB trying to download an update, 15 minutes ago:

bHfr2l5.jpg

I download games on Steam, movies on Utorrent, etc, at about 80MB/s to 100MBs. Takes me about 1 minute on average to download an 8GB movie.

APB servers take longer to push out a 43MB update, at 214KB/s, regardless of my internet speed, than it takes for me to download an 8GB 1080p BluRay movie.

Tell me about how the server host for APB isn't a problem and doesn't need to be changed, again, please. Let's instead focus on celebrating 4/20. Don't forget to blaze it.

Inb4; "Not all LO resources are focused on the same thing, there are different sectors for different tasks" - yeah because changing server hosts for a game server that peaks at less than 1k players is a task only a very specific sector of LO can do, and totally not something that can be done in a matter of hours by literally anyone with the ability to search for reliable server hosts on google.

hasnt the apb launcher always been limited to really slow download speeds?

• Thanks 1

Mine only takes a few seconds for these small patches.

1 minute ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Mine only takes a few seconds for these small patches.

huh, downloaded the patch to test and you're right

c66c40de4e5207eba18b94d2cb857331.png

kept increasing throughout, im assuming it would continue ramping up until it hit my normal speed, the download itself was just too small

Same here, to much fast to see the actual speed of it.

4 hours ago, ShadowXS said:

"The Servers aren't a problem"

"We need better mitigation, not to change host"

"Our host isn't at fault"

You are quoting out of context.

Those are  quotes from when the DDoS attack happened.

No one (in their right mind) has ever said we have the best servers.

Changing the host wouldn't fix the mitigation lag which is also out of context from the DDoS attack we had.

Changing a host does not prevent DDoS attacks but can only delay a short time which is where that third quote is from as well.

If you are going to make a thread complaining can you at least quote properly instead of twisting words?

I remember those quotes from that DDoS attack thread around a month to two months ago when it was suggested to change hosts ( I believe suggested by you but I am not completely sure)

To sum it up your quotes don't go with this thread. Those quotes were about the DDoS attack and mitigation.

Sign in to follow this