Lixil

RIOT public testing!

Hello everyone!

We're going to be performing some public testing for Riot starting next week. As you see in the picture below there are different types of tests. 

Stress Test 

The stress test will only be performed on the NA server

Open Test

The open test will be performed on both the EU server and the NA server. 

More details in the picture below!

5GDiqdJ.png

We might have to perform the third test if we require more details or information of any sort. If we do, we'll make sure to announce further details about this potential test after finishing performing the first test. We will keep you updated!

You can convert PDT timezone to your timezone using https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com

If you need to download the OTW client you can do so here: http://apb.patch.ot.gamersfirst.com/APB_OTW_Installerprogram

Thank you!

Update:

Today we're going to perform the planned stress test. You can see the countdown timer for the exact time of the test here.

Remember, the primary goal of this test is to look at and locate issues, not to enjoy the new game mode itself. We are expecting issues with the servers so therefore we're asking nicely if you guys don't stream the event today. Thank you!

For the open world test that is going to be performed on Friday, you are more than welcome to stream if you want to! 

Thank you very much for understanding and respecting our wishes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Is OTW updated to the test build right now? I have pretty bad internet but want to take part

Edited by IROCkiller

So just to confirm that ALL times are in PM PDT for conversion?

While not everyone can translate 24 hours time into 12, a 24 hour time leaves little to no room for ambiguity.

• Like 3

Daaaaaamn that i am on Health cure and rehabilitation atm and cant participate.

But i am verry hyped to see some progress the next weeks. 👍👍👍

Didn't expected that, wow, so basically that "i hope you can help us soon to test" by Cookie was some sort of "advice".

Well, anyway, im happy to say that im goign to partecipate in every single session.

So, see you there very soon!

Not 100% if i can even partake in the event after eating a 1kg chocolate egg (on the 20th)

UTC was always easier for me to convert.

But here's times in UTC for this interested:

Test 1. April 24 - NA: 19:00 PM-22:00 PM UTC

Test 2. April 26 - NA: 2:00 AM-6:00 AM UTC EU: 6:00 AM-10:00 PM UTC

That is of course taking that hour is PM on every hour in this table. Also i didn't take into consideration fact if it's next day or the same.

Edited by Mitne

Ok, serveral questions,

Is this going to be a test on Live servers with a RIOT District or the OTW?

If it is on OTW, will people have their characters form the Live servers? Because character customization has a big impact on Server performance., so a proper test ould require fully customized characters.

1 minute ago, LilyV3 said:

Ok, serveral questions,

Is this going to be a test on Live servers with a RIOT District or the OTW?

If it is on OTW, will people have their characters form the Live servers? Because character customization has a big impact on Server performance., so a proper test ould require fully customized characters.

Actually character customisation only has an impact for the first 2-3 minutes, and not on the server, only on clients. The server only needs to send a few kilobytes of information around, the client uses that info to generate the customised characters. A starter character has barely more data to transfer than one at the customisation limit, at least in the grand scheme of things.

Basically, unless the devs say so, we don't need to worry about that.

• Like 1

Just a question.... wouldn't it be better to use an actual European time zone for the EU server? Just a thought.

If I gather this right, 11 PM PDT on a Friday is actually around 07:00 GMT and 08:00 CEST on the Saturday, 28th of april? 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 7:06 PM, Lily Rain said:

The wait is now over

heart6small3.gif

sadly not for UE3.5

6 hours ago, Keshi said:

sadly not for UE3.5

Nu, but since RIOT is going on public test, the engine upgrade should not be too far off from here

• Like 1

As @Mitneseems that made the conversion to UTC but people can't differentiate it from BST, people are possibly confused.

Hence, I include links to a popular time zone converter service for each test, for lazy people that want to see the correct time for their current place without any effort:

1. Stress test
  2. Europe open playtest
  3. North American open playtest

Edited by Saxtus
Had wrong day for European open playtest, thank you Kevkof! NEW EDIT: Open playtests postponed, links fixed.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can not participate in the tests, it's a pity, I live in Spain the hour is very early at that time I and my daughter we are still very comfortable in bed, I would ask for a later hour, well I will see it in the month of May, why do I tell you that I do not even get up at 6 o'clock in the morning for some tests, I do it to work not for you! have you really seen when there are more people on the European server? It is always from 3:00 p.m. till 1:00 a.m. Those are the highest hours of the European server, I do not know where you got the statistics but, come on, a little more of the view would not go wrong, and the Spanish language that was removed of g1 are you going to put back? I'm tired of seeing the options in English and Russian, I was in Spanish remember? I think the Russian, English, French, Japanese languages are very good? implement more languages please !!! I for asking that it is not, Russian gentlemen without offending anyone! you could leave the chat for your talks, talk in churches and if you do not know you speak privately or join and play in a group, but let's give the pain with your incredible language we are all very tired of russo, not to mention more, Thanks for your incredible effort to improve this game, thanks adm i technical team, for your effort, Thanks Matt !! I walk and you are very happy everyone hahaha

Edited by SirVilla

On 4/16/2019 at 1:16 PM, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Actually character customisation only has an impact for the first 2-3 minutes, and not on the server, only on clients. The server only needs to send a few kilobytes of information around, the client uses that info to generate the customised characters. A starter character has barely more data to transfer than one at the customisation limit, at least in the grand scheme of things.

The Overkill hardware stress test suggests otherwise. Those servers ran perfectly fine with 100 newly created characters in a single location, but fell apart with even 80 custom avatars spread across the entire district.

If things haven't drastically changed the servers still have to handle all character data for each player in the district at pretty much all times. This includes items which are not equipped and only rest in inventory.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Saxtus said:

Europe open playtest

This one seems to be set to the wrong day (says 24th). Thank you for providing them though 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:16 PM, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

this is absolutely wrong.

have you ever been to a big car meeting, like we had regulary back then? Or when the devs held the contest? many highly customzied people in the same area have a constant bad impact on the server, and a REAL serve one. And it was not the clients affeceted it was the server fps that got dumped (back then when we even had  server fps shown, not hidden in the reverse MS each frame took.

So a proper test must involve this or the test is pretty useless.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 1