Vehicle Balance  

76 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion on vehicles. Should they:

• Be left as is. They are balanced out well against one another. A job well done
    • Some of the cars receive a rework. Some are balanced, while others could use a looking into. A half finished job
    • Receive a complete overhaul. Nothing was done well
    • Unsure/Don't know

Might as well start calling these weekly polls now...

If you've played apb for a solid few hours, you would have noticed majority of the playerbase using the same handful of cars, while others get next to no usage

With that said, what's your opinion on vehicles currently? This includes their health, as well as the physics concerning them and their handling

The best way for LO to make changes that will be accepted is to voice our opinions in an easy analysable manner, so let's put our initial opinions out in the open for them

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2
  • Like 2

I just want more cars to be a viable option; Apb is one of those games that it expects you to always play the meta. When can I use my beloved 4-slot Patrol Broadwing? Against silvers, that's what. If I was using it in a mission against the good players I'd probably get alot of... heat from teamates

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Maybe call them infinitely recycled topics. 

hey if it wasn't for recycling these forums would be long dead

MNxaAak.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I'm tired of seeing 4x4s, Espacios and Pioneers. Some of the lower tier cars need buffs, 4x4 needs a complete rework, cisco needs maybe better handling or something to do with collisions idk

O🅱️en 🅱️oll when

Edited by Szambi
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Szambi said:

I'm tired of seeing 4x4s, Espacios and Pioneers. Some of the lower tier cars need buffs, 4x4 needs a complete rework, cisco needs maybe better handling or something to do with collisions idk

Agree

The only non-Armas car worth using is the T-25, every small car is pushed around, and Montane, Fresno or Moirai have no 4 slot option..Anyway, all cars need reworked collision and landing physics...Also, the Varzuga 4x4 should have the highest top speed

what happens when these 3 cars are basically drag racing tanks. Either rework everything from the core or listen to feedback from the spct team and work from that. But, you know, one of the two is sprinkling glitter on a turd.

Edited by _chain

Nerf the tanks so people stop fucking hiding behind/inside them 24/7.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

hey if it wasn't for recycling these forums would be long dead

MNxaAak.png

Touche good sir. 

im kinda between option two and three , but i choosed 3

honestly cars in APB do not feel like they should, neither the driving system does actually..., apb is one of the few games where you can still feel the server delay when you turn left or right, also cars feel like if you are driving a 10 story building with wheels, whatever you hit or touch will put you on your roof or on your side, some cars act like rockets, some like paper airplanes.

im my opinion some cars do and should be weaker than other cars, but some are really ridiculous , vegas 4x4 is way too versatile with it's high max speed, high wheight, good grip, health and acceleration, the base vegas is way too slow at getting speed, jerchio feels like driving with soap on your wheels , kurai 's front wheels touch the ground less than 50% of the time , vans have huge doors and less angle for shooting yet you can't use bigger weapons on them, coywolf is barely affected by the VIP speed modifier for some unknown reason, and there's so much more ... , sooo much.

i think both cars and the driving system needs an overhaul, it's a lot of work, but it's also a key aspect of the game that needs fixing.

other games did it, so why not apb.

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 1

i want my han veo to finally drive at the speed of sound and shoot lasers like it was intended!!!

jokes apart, it would be really cool if the less popular cars had a buff or change of some sort, to encourage some variety

Make the Enf starter car the Broadwing, and the Crim the Ceresco. 

Delete everything less viable than those two. 

Balance what is left. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Acornie said:

I just want more cars to be a viable option; Apb is one of those games that it expects you to always play the meta. When can I use my beloved 4-slot Patrol Broadwing? Against silvers, that's what. If I was using it in a mission against the good players I'd probably get alot of... heat from teamates

I think a solution could be adding a upgrade system for cars where you can upgrade their health, acceleration and max speed to a certain point.
So every car would be viable with the right amount of money in them. (Also a new thing to spend that money you don't know what to do with.)

Edited by TheKeanuReeves
  • Thanks 1

I agree, bunch of seiyos, pioneers, and 4x4s

I'm in favor of a complete re-work. Many of the older vehicles simply haven't stood up to the test of time and are in need of a lot of attention.

The basic starter car is a good all round vehicle in terms of handling and ramming capability, most of the tier 1 and 2 vehicles suffer by comparison.

After a certain point it starts becoming a case of who can drive well with a Vegas 4x4 or a Pioneer, simply because those are the most common.

I believe all the cars slide on glass/have poor handling but I am not sure since I do not drive every last one.

Like for instance people also want the glass to be shot through to be more realistic.

A lot of modern gamers get weirded out by how the current cars are ( Those game reviews about APB recently)

After the engine upgrade , matchmaking/phasing and hitboxes etc  things like this could be done.

But this should probably come after the other core problems are fixed first

• Like 1

lmao, imagine if they decide to rework everything, it's gonna take at least 10 years

17 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Make the Enf starter car the Broadwing, and the Crim the Ceresco. 

Delete everything less viable than those two. 

Balance what is left. 

Broadwing as default? YES SIR!

I am for it!

please don't touch my jericho

Edited by Szambi

34 minutes ago, Szambi said:

pwease don't touch my jericho

This is a no uwu zone. Just for that, I'm adding a new option

hit the redo button on vehicles

I might be a role-player, but I just use car I think look cool. But that is my choice.

Wish there could be some racing events or missions that does not include pvp. Could give some variety to the game, with minimum effort for the devs. 

4 hours ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

This is a no uwu zone. Just for that, I'm adding a new option

c4740d47effb2dc205d9a554f82af6df.png

Edited by Szambi
nvm figured it out
  • Like 1