vfterlife

STRETCHED IMAGE: THREAD 2.

Hi. 
A month ago, I created a topic here about the problem of a stretched image in APB: 

And a couple of days ago, I accidentally found out that Fortnite stopped supporting the stretched image.
22.1555263435.png
link: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/competitive/en-US/news/competitive-fortnite-state-of-development-4-3-19?lang=en-US 

That made me raise this topic again. This time I will not be toxic. Now I expect to get the position of LO on this issue. @MattScott Please, tell me what you think about this.
It will be the best gift, if with a engine upgrade you will stop supporting stretched image.

Players: If this does not give an advantage: then tell me why so many players use it, possessing even good computers 🤔

• Like 1

All i want to know is, with enough monitors is it possible to get a 360 FOV in apb?.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zolerox said:

All i want to know is, with enough monitors is it possible to get a 360 FOV in apb?.

APB VR when?

I just cant take you seriously 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Amberwind said:

what if u use a crt monitor?

That's a ban.

Heckler chet. 

1 hour ago, vfterlife said:

Players: If this does not give an advantage: then tell me why so many players use it, possessing even good computers

Is it any at all possible that the supposed advantage is an illusion being bought into?

Just now, Nite said:

Is it any at all possible that the supposed advantage is an illusion being bought into?

Pretty sure that's the case, the thing is, native resolution just looks god damn awful in APB due to the default FOV.

• Like 2

People use it because 1 because old school used to it. Second Weapon recoils are much easier to control the lower the resolution is. That's why you see some Russians with super weird patootie squashed resolutions so they can M1 there Ntec's.

I don't understand why do you show this as a "problem" when everyone can use it, I mean if it gives an advantage in apb , why don't you use that advantage too ?

Edited by Takotak
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Takotak said:

I don't understand why do you show this as a "problem" when everyone can use it, I mean sure it gives an advantage in apb , why don't you use that advantage too ?

^

the mild advantage it gives never was an issue in the "classic" competetive shooters, counterstrike (including the most modern installation, global offensive), rainbow six (including the most modern installation, siege

),

as well as games like CoD (including the latest installation, BO4

)

and battlefield (probably including 4, could only fine something about 1 (the modern one) https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/13730/bf1-4-3-resolution-blackbars-or-stretched)

Just an overblown controversy in fortnite.

i see no reason for a rather "casual-competetive" game like APB to adapt to something which isn't even considered a meaningful edge in actual, more competetive games.

Edited by neophobia

5 minutes ago, neophobia said:

^

the mild advantage it gives never was an issue in the "classic" competetive shooters, counterstrike (including the most modern installation, global offensive), rainbow six (including the most modern installation, siege

),

as well as games like CoD (including the latest installation, BO4

)

and battlefield (probably including 4, could only fine something about 1 (the modern one) https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/13730/bf1-4-3-resolution-blackbars-or-stretched)

Just an overblown controversy in fortnite.

i see no reason for a rather "casual-competetive" game like APB to adapt to something which isn't even considered a meaningful edge in actual, more competetive games, I edited my message, my bad ^^

I never ever said or think that, I totally agree with you, I'm just poiting out what this guy is thinking about the stretched resolution, he finds it's an advantage and want it removed.

I edited my message, my bad ^^

Edited by Takotak

1 hour ago, Gateron said:

People use it because 1 because old school used to it. Second Weapon recoils are much easier to control the lower the resolution is. That's why you see some Russians with super weird patootie squashed resolutions so they can M1 there Ntec's.

Old school gamers apb? Average age must be 15-20 yo. Last time I had CRT monitor was in 2006 and when I went to buy a new monitor they had no CRT's anymore.

Pretty sure op is trolling but lowres stretched makes a difference, - a positive one. However I'm not going to make my game look like a potato.

37 minutes ago, Takotak said:

I never ever said or think that, I totally agree with you, I'm just poiting out what this guy is thinking about the stretched resolution, he finds it's an advantage and want it removed.

I edited my message, my bad ^^

sorry, the ^ was meant as "^this" and i just added something xd

1 hour ago, Gateron said:

i believe it's mostly about hitboxes being "broader" so a bit less aim is required and e.g. heads are a bit easier to hit. the recoil patterns are the same and should be scaled accordingly, since they are not tied to pixels or any relative measurement (afaik).

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

4:3 is just a preference, not an advantage.

I prefer my 16:9, so it's what I use. 

I feel like it's really none if my business what someone else prefers.

• Thanks 1

After the first thread, I'm gonna have to say, OP is either trolling (still) or just outright mentally challenged.

I feel obligated to say again; what the OP is actually on about is ratios 16:9 or 4:3, I suppose I would be curious for a response from Little Orbit if something like this will change with UE3.5, but I really don't think it matters 

6 hours ago, vfterlife said:

Players: If this does not give an advantage: then tell me why so many players use it, possessing even good computers 🤔

Because they're sheep? Placebo? People doing it =/= smart

6 hours ago, vfterlife said:

i'd like to refer you to this thread for the answers to your question

I have a CRT, and yes I still play games on it (INCLUDING APB). 

I don't know why people think it gives such a huge advantage, it is purely preference and in some cases just to save fps. 

Have you even actually played stretched res? Have you done any better using stretched res very obviously? If the answer is no to either of these then you should probably delete this thread because you have no idea what you're talking about.

• Thanks 4

I use a CRT aswell, mostly because I can't afford a decent 144hz monitor :^)

I just hope 16:9 isn't enforced any time soon, like someone already pointed out, APB is ~pretty casual~, and stretched image isn't that helpful (apparently), since CSGO pro players, that were the ones that abused stretched res, actually use black bars nowdays (I'm generalazing, of course)

Edited by Hiz

I'm gonna take my 1 monitor i've had for 8 years and walk away.

As many pointed out in the last topic, it comes down to feel and what you prefer. (which you apparently ignored) 
This game is old and a lot of people started out playing the game in 4:3 and they want to keep that since it feels more natural to them. 

Other use it to change the feel of the game (running speed and distance). most "advantages" from 4:3 are placebo or they play better since the know the res.

Unless you're using the no-recoil res. then you're just hacking :))

Edited by I3ox

17 hours ago, vfterlife said:

Because a lot of the better players tend to play shooters for more than just a few years and likely started somewhere in CS 1.6 or CSS? Whether you want to play 4:3 or 16:9 comes down to personal preference and for some people is just down to what they are used to. Not to mention that APB just feels better in terms of frame latency/fps on a lower resolution. 

As for why Fortnite banned 4:3 is pretty simple, a lot of streamers that tend to take the game semi-serious were being sarcastic about going into "Tryhard mode" and play 4:3 because that's what the cool kids are doing and like you said in your previous thread, 4:3 images may not be the most pleasant to look at from a viewers perspective so I'm assuming that Epic simply didn't like that the bigger broadcasters streamed their game in a 4:3 resolution which in return made the game look horrible. The thing is that Epic can allow themselves to piss off a few players and make them quit the game, while LO can not as the players are already dwindling with every month. (And no, the game picking up with a few thousand players after 3.5 is not an excuse to do it either)

• Thanks 1

Remove shoulder switch too while you're at it.

Edited by Kiida
  • Thanks 1