Sign in to follow this  
Equilibrio

Roccat Mouse FPS

Recently found out my Roccat mouse causes FPS drops over time in APB. Has anyone else encountered this and were you able to fix the issue? Already tried updating USB's, disabled/ made the extra buttons read as regular keyboard keys. I think it may be due to the memory and onboard CPU inside the mouse. Not 100% sure. Any help would be appreciated. 

have you tried just closing swarm and maybe playing around with the polling rate?

tried USB 2.0 vs 3.0?

tried uninstalling swarm?

i have a roccat kone pure owl eye and no issues like this whatsoever.

(playing at max dpi + very low ingame sens (low sens overall), 1kHz polling rate, usb 3.1 gen2 port (not like any of this is necessary))

those components should not affect any game at all.

Edited by neophobia

Had the same issue with my Roccat Leadr both with and without Swarm installed. Game would slowly drop from steady 145 fps to 80 until I unplugged the mouse, then it would instantly jump back up to 145 fps. Tried every single usb port on my pc, tried different usb drivers, tried different versions of Swarm. Same result with whatever I try.

Only happens in APB as well, no problems in any other game.

Edited by dogfish

@TheSxW No macro on, @neophobia and I have tried all USB ports. @dogfish Must just be the over abundance of buttons. I also have Roccat Tyon, which is the wired version. Really odd that this is a thing, hopefully the new engine will sort it out. Otherwise I'll just buy a mouse for APB then. Thanks guys. 

I can also add that I've had this problem on two different computers (z270 chipset with 7700k and z390 with 9900k)

Yea I believe its just the on board memory and cpu. People claim it uses physical mem and cpu, allowing the control layout you setup to be used on any PC, as the changes are saved on board into the mouse. I recently bought the Steel series rival 500, has a similar button layout to the Roccat Tyon/ Leadr and have 0 problems. If it's not the on board cpu/mem, then it's something proprietary . @TheSxW I have windows 10. 

@dogfish I haven't tried it since I replaced my mouse, but PoundofFlesh has the Leadr mouse, and he said the way he fixed it was going into steam, settings, controller, and checking to see if steam recognizes your mouse as a controller and if so, turning it off. Hopefully it helps.