Why is parchusing G1C more expensive with credit card? For example buying G1C with PaysafeCard it costs 20$ for 2240 G1C and with credit card 2240 G1C costs 24,2 $... 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

Smells like tax.

Have you tried buying with Steam wallet? (provided that you are starting the game through Steam and the Steam overlay works)

4 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Smells like tax.

Have you tried buying with Steam wallet? (provided that you are starting the game through Steam and the Steam overlay works)

Steam wallet is even more unfair in G1C count.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mitne said:

+1

1 hour ago, CatInTuxedo said:

Why is parchusing G1C more expensive with credit card? For example buying G1C with PaysafeCard it costs 20$ for 2240 G1C and with credit card 2240 G1C costs 24,2 $... 

and thats probably taxes tbh

you can buy paysafecard codes online, with your credit card , just be smart

On 4/13/2019 at 12:43 AM, CatInTuxedo said:

Prolly surcharges with a CC? 

On 4/13/2019 at 1:49 AM, Mitne said:

qiMRJiT.png

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

How so?

Not sure if this counts but I get a 10% tax on my G1C purchase using Steam Wallet thanks to being Australian. FWIW I haven't tried the other payment options though to see if the "fuck you Australia tax" is still there.

Edited by KnifuWaifu

1 minute ago, KnifuWaifu said:

qiMRJiT.png

Not sure if this counts but I get a 10% tax on my G1C purchase using Steam Wallet thanks to being Australian. FWIW I haven't tried the other payment options though to see if the "fuck you Australia tax" is still there.

Did not know that happens. Why does that tax exist? hmm doesnt sound fair at all

4 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Did not know that happens. Why does that tax exist? hmm doesnt sound fair at all

It is very unfair imo.

I have no idea tbh because apparently (I have some idea) - it doesn't (only) effects all Australians (who are dumb enough to use Steam Wallet (like me)), just some. The website itself says that it's a GST on all Australian purchases which I know the government here enacted on some online shopping because the Aussie retailers were getting butthurt over everyone just importing their own stuff from overseas rather than paying the middlemen (aussie retailers) for the privilege but why the hell that tax is enabled on a virtual currency that I can only get from an overseas vendor is beyond me. 

I can only guess that it is due to Steam Wallet since technically Aussies can still buy games in person as if we're some sort of caveman taking the pennyfathing down to the vulcanised terminus to pick up a waxpaper package of polo, so they slapped the tax on the entire Steam store because no one cries louder than a butthurt retailer trying to fight an evolving market which actually benefits consumers.

EDIT: Looks like the above guess was right - it is Steam enacting the Australia Tax. Using non-Steam Wallet payment types don't add that extra 10%. Well fuck me for using Steam, right?

9xsGnMH.png

Edited by KnifuWaifu

1 hour ago, KnifuWaifu said:

Australia Tax

Michigan also has a tax on video games and shit now. shit's so lame. prob gonna tax my ingame APB$ next.