Sign in to follow this  
Easych

RIOT - did something go wrong?

Hi all.

What stage is riot-mode? @MattScott wrote that the release date was supposed to be March 27, but he postponed it due to errors. 

10 April you have added an easter event, which will last until April 24. 

Well... you postpone the new mode for a month? If you start from the date of the announcement (Reveal) - Nearly two months.

too bad

Edited by Easych
  • Like 3

At this point in Apb's struggle patience is very hard to have, but it's all we can do; patiently wait. Im kind of hoping that one reason it has been delayed as long as it has is that the decision to release it before the engine has been reconsidered and we are going to get both dropped together before summer.

Literally everything can go wrong in the game development sphere, it's normal for things to be delayed like this

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

I think we can all learn a lesson here.

Never give concrete dates.

Agreed, unless its tested and ready to go.

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

aLcPSMS.gif

If there's a date, it comes SOON

That's better than districts crashing and other bugs. Maybe its already fixed but it would coincidence with easter and they postponed it

It's going to be posponed over and over + Engine upgrade for 8 years more. *cof cof*

• Like 1

G1 flashback. 

Now I realized that these guys did the right thing when they kept the Gamersfirst brand – because it's all the same G1, with minor changes. Seriously: I already see how the engine upgrade is postponed for autumn.

c16dd4b76a55d726519ee4bc2484e133.png

• Like 2

Cmon guys let them work we'll when it comes . They do their work and so on , but the biggest problem is in APB that the most players leaving and the game will be dead soon, cuz gamerfirst was telling people so much what they wanna do but never something happen. I can understand why most players here leave cuz their really mad about what G1 did in the past.

But for sure just play on and wait maybe something will happen.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Acornie said:

At this point in Apb's struggle patience is very hard to have, but it's all we can do; patiently wait. Im kind of hoping that one reason it has been delayed as long as it has is that the decision to release it before the engine has been reconsidered and we are going to get both dropped together before summer.

Literally everything can go wrong in the game development sphere, it's normal for things to be delayed like this

yep...i mean we only been waiting since the anouncement 2012, Q1 2014....so i can wait another 8years if they decide to push riot with the engine(which honestly should be the best thing to do)

So i'll keep lurking for any good news...one day...or a blogpost/livestream on progress...or just NDA and silent just like the G1 days

like i guess in another topic-i think theyr aiming for may 10 for both engine upgrade and riot at once..probably

perhaps they should stop wasting "milions" in anticheats and get something interesting done..people complain about cheaters anyways

36 minutes ago, Lato said:

perhaps they should stop wasting "milions" in anticheats and get something interesting done..people complain about cheaters anyways

The problem is not the vast numbers of cheaters... I mean there is under 1000 active concurrent players.

The problem people complain about with cheaters is the fact they reroll and make new account or not being banned quickly enough.

It's probably under 120 people in all of APB but there is also a lot of players that just find APB to be a steep learning curve. That on top of a match making and threat system which isn't really working as intended.

The concern over cheaters is high despite the numbers are actually low, it is just a high frequency.

It's like thinking there is a bee hive somewhere in your house because you're seen a dozen bees around your house.   ...no it's the same 2 bees which you've seen 6 time each, because they can't get out the windows!

Edited by VickyFox
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Mozie said:

Agreed, unless its tested and ready to go.

Which means it will still break when pushed to the live servers, because this is APB.

On 4/11/2019 at 10:12 PM, CookiePuss said:

BuT Den DeRE's nO ComMMUniCATIon!!!

LO reALy bAD liKE G1.

On 4/11/2019 at 8:33 PM, introlapse said:

G1 flashback. 

Now I realized that these guys did the right thing when they kept the Gamersfirst brand – because it's all the same G1, with minor changes. Seriously: I already see how the engine upgrade is postponed for autumn.

Who are you?

introlapse

Starter Member

1 post

Joined Apr 2019

You talk like youve been here but your account says no...hmm

Little Orbit ran into some unforeseen events but SPCT is and has been testing the engine.

You're not perfect either or you would of fixed the upgrade yourself  😜🤣

I saw you read this topic, @MattScott 

I understand everything, but we are waiting for the riot for too long. 

27 minutes ago, Easych said:

I saw you read this topic, @MattScott 

I understand everything, but we are waiting for the riot for too long. 

It will be done when it is ready. They need to solve the unforeseen issues they encountered so that it will work correctly.

Giving Little Orbit a hard time when they are doing their jobs is not fair.

Hope is a nice place to visit. I couldn't live there, though.

Sign in to follow this