2 hours ago, Saxtus said:

Yes. It's unfair advantage to do otherwise and you know it.

Is it?

"This is VIP abandon now" gives me what advantage exactly?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Is it?

Exactly none. Just like any other localization file edits 🙂

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Saxtus said:

Yes. It's unfair advantage to do otherwise and you know it.

Yeah I also think you shouldn't be able to use steam overlay browser because you can easily search up the mission name on APBDB. iT's aN aDvAnTaGe aNd yOu KnOw iT

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, swindIe said:

Yeah I also think you shouldn't be able to use steam overlay browser because you can easily search up the mission name on APBDB. iT's aN aDvAnTaGe aNd yOu KnOw iT

If you can do that, then do it instead of altering in-game files. But you don't do it.

• Like 1

there you go..oh wait this is from 2015 😏

APBR_Comparison_Waterfront02.jpg

APBR_Comparison_Social02.jpg

APBR_Comparison_Waterfront01.jpg

Edited by TheMessiah

Well you know. Its hard to use the print screen button. Some people need few days to learn how to use it.

16 hours ago, Saxtus said:

If you can do that, then do it instead of altering in-game files. But you don't do it.

it has the same result though - that's his point

2 minutes ago, neophobia said:

it has the same result though - that's his point

Then why you violate the EULA you agreed upon before entering the game and don't use the steam browser instead?

txBg4RX.png

• Like 1

Then why you violate the EULA you agreed upon before entering the game and don't use the steam browser instead?

txBg4RX.png

You seem to be rejecting all questions asking how any of this is supposed to provide anyone some sort of advantage.

Why is that?

Edited by Netzu

Because you wouldn't bother altering in-game files if you didn't think it worth it.

• Like 1

You still didn't answer any of those questions.

It's really simple: It's against the rules - nobody gives a flying shite if it gives an advantage or not. It's a matter of principle.

Also some real experts here have shown that they do not possess the ability to navigate that thin line of bending those rules in the past.

The usual when do we cross the line question is taken out by just following that one simple rule.

Edited by TheJellyGoo

4 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

It's really simple: It's against the rules - nobody gives a flying shite if it gives an advantage or not. It's a matter of principle.

Also some real experts here have shown that they do not possess the ability to navigate that thin line of bending those rules in the past.

The usual when do we cross the line question is taken out by just following that one simple rule.

The debate about whether altering the textfiles is against the ToS or not & the argument discussing whether it is giving anyone some sort of advantage are two entirely different situations.

1 minute ago, Netzu said:

The debate about whether altering the textfiles is against the ToS or not & the argument discussing whether it is giving anyone some sort of advantage are two entirely different situations.

Then just read what Cookie wrote who ironically answered his and your question himself.

You can abandon the mission because you know its a terrible one. There are a handful of them that are heavily in advantage for one side.

Also while insisting on Saxtus to answer your question why not answer his in return? Why do it if it supposedly doesn't give an advantage?

On 4/11/2019 at 1:19 AM, CookiePuss said:

Is it?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Netzu said:

Against tos is removing or replacing textures/sounds/vst ( i could say any game files ) to get some advantage ( ultra low configs are sketchy too )
some examples
No Ambient Sound - gives advantage to hear incoming car at 100m b4 u even sees that on radar hear shoots from distance 100m (all above that distance is not rendered)
No Muzzleflash - Advantage of smoke and fire flashing  from guns / stunning ones especially
Editing shaders to get Special overlay so u can see through all smokes
Removing smokes or make it transparent or leaving fire and removing smoke
adding crosshair
there is alot of this shet and its going on and on and on

about the abandonmission i used that for glitched missions like : no opposition, Crim de la crime, and some others i dont rly remember but was about car delivery. In other hand you can always suecide 5 times and go back to district (if u are on bronze server as gold its ur fault)

Edited by TheSxW

1 minute ago, TheJellyGoo said:

Then just read what Cookie wrote who ironically answered his and your question himself.

You can abandon the mission because you know its a terrible one. There are a handful of them that are heavily in advantage for one side.

Also while insisting on Saxtus to answer your question why not answer his in return? Why do it if it supposedly doesn't give an advantage?

I've not asked anyone anything, just something I wanted to point out

It is a practical thing.

4 minutes ago, Netzu said:

I've not asked anyone anything, just something I wanted to point out

It is a practical thing.

It is your (as the people supporting editing) question since you use it for your own argumentation.

txBg4RX.png

since when is steam browser a prerogative ?

I do think that it adds an advantage, however, seems that adding an advantage or not is irrelevant and it's subject to my opinion vs others, so I am not going to argue more on that matter.

However it is against the agreement we all agreed to play the game, so in this context is not a matter of opinion, it is just plain wrong because you violate what you agreed here:
https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/eula (point 18 under section B. Prohibited Conduct)

The EULA is very clear on that and is not subject to interpretation or have any exclusions on what files you can edit and what not.

EULA is above anything else that has been said anywhere else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Saxtus said:

txBg4RX.png

i don't. i've only used the advanced launcher (which is explicitly allowed - which you tried to misrepresent in previous threads iirc)

and this was definitely not point of the discussion. it's about "gaining an unfair advantage". being forbidden in the eula does in fact not mean it is because you get an unfair advantage. e.g. racist/offensive symbols (arguably) don't do that either.

and since he claimed it has the same result, your response/counterargument does not hold, since it isn't related.

also the eula is ambigous. does it mean executable databases and files? :^) if so, since they are not executed (they are being interpreted/parsed, comparable to html documents), this isn't a technical violation.

that being said, the latter does not make it not a bannable offense - and also doesnt mean that isn't an advantage in a way.

i'm quite neutral, i couldn't care less if people use them or if they were forbidden. just trying to make objective statements.

Merged.

32 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

The EULA is very clear on that and is not subject to interpretation or have any exclusions on what files you can edit and what not.

EULA is above anything else that has been said anywhere else.

not necessarily true, as stated above.

also it really isn't, there are also official statements made by the devs. (e.g. about advanced launcher) - and, you know, things like the law xd

sry for doublepost, missed mergetime.

Edited by neophobia

7 minutes ago, neophobia said:

i don't. i've only used the advanced launcher (which is explicitly allowed - which you tried to state wrong in previous threads)

and this was definitely not point of the discussion. it's about "gaining an unfair advantage". being forbidden in the eula does in fact not mean it is because you get an unfair advantage. e.g. racist/offensive symbols (arguably) don't do that either.

and since he claimed it has the same result, your response/counterargument does not hold, since it isn't related.

also the eula is ambigous. does it mean executable databases and files? :^) if so, since they are not executed (they are being interpreted/parsed, comparable to html documents), this isn't a technical violation.

unknown.png

The EULA means everything. The executable code, database and files. They are all included.

Terms of Service are often made comprehensive to protect a product/service. You can't outsmart it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is high quality, game relevant off-topic'ing.

35 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

unknown.png

The EULA means everything. The executable code, database and files. They are all included.

Terms of Service are often made comprehensive to protect a product/service. You can't outsmart it.

i wouldn't say so in this point - executable code, executable databases and executable files vs

all databases, all files and just executable code

it seems quite obvious but idk if it is. maybe it is. anyway.

not really my main point

Edited by neophobia

48 minutes ago, neophobia said:

The mission text could fall under database (if we consider it as flat-file database) or file in general.

As it's been said above, you can't outsmart it.

4 minutes ago, neophobia said:

executable databases

There is no such thing in APB.

Edited by Saxtus
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Saxtus said:

The mission text could fall under database (if we consider it as flat-file database) or file in general.

As it's been said above, you can't outsmart it.

those are also not being >executed so the statement still somewhat holds.

but as ALSO was said above, that really wasn't my main point.

Edited by neophobia