Fatebringer

Why do people hate the ATAC so much?

Whenever I use it someone always complains even if they're using something like the OCA or NTEC

• Like 2

People complains all the time ... you have to learn to - not read mean messages. True ... ATAC have bad history due to G1 fault.

(G1 use to manipulate players by making some weapons op/ez just to increase purchise at armas).

• Like 2

Why do people open up sheety patootie topics about things which have been talked over and over and over again and are also thoroughly explained by r255 bronzies on district chat twice every hour

Are you just trying to flex with your Atac ? Because I have a Far Charger AND a Scoped Ntec 

12 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

Why do people open up sheety patootie topics about things which have been talked over and over and over again and are also thoroughly explained by r255 bronzies on district chat twice every hour

Are you just trying to flex with your Atac ? Because I have a Far Charger AND a Scoped Ntec 

lel not everyone use forums ... and when they do, we get same old topics, due to same old problems.

(Cant blame ppl. otherwise forum would be empty cuz pretty much all topic are talked over and over again)

• Like 2

Assault rifle low to mid range, SMG fire rate...

It's a fairly good all-rounder and people may feel like their efforts/skills are undermined by another player with a gun that is just actually pretty good in most scenarios.

• Like 1

would no one talk about the lack of recoil?

• Like 2

People hate on everything they don't use.
They want you to play using what they want, and even if you do they'll call you cheater.

• Like 4

When the ATAC was originally released it garnered relatively little notice (beyond it being one of the first guns released by G1), and it kind of flew under the radar until it was buffed a few years back - I think the accuracy was increased? 

Everyone started using it after that point, and to be fair it has never been a very complicated weapon to use (It's a literal point and shoot with little bloom control or recoil) so it gained a reputation for being a no skill weapon. It has since been more or less reverted back to its pre-buff state, but I guess the stigma remains for a few people.

Or of course they're just mad.

• Thanks 3

People seem to feel the risk / reward ratio of the weapon is skewed towards reward. 

That is, the risks of choosing the ATAC are relatively low while the rewards are more substantial. 

tl;dr it's too easy to use  

• Like 1

I find it funny when people whine about guns like the ATAC when there's a lot more popular and problematic weapons.

• Like 1

The ATAC is actually balanced unlike most weapons in APB. Its got its niche and does well at what it was made for. At one point yes it was OP but it got nerfed and its fine now. Nowadays ppl just complain about it and use its past as an excuse to justify it but in reality theres no justification for it.

33 minutes ago, GhosT said:

I find it funny when people whine about guns like the ATAC when there's a lot more popular and problematic weapons.

*cough*ntec*cough*

• Like 5

"ATAC balanced"

6YKqULG.png

33 minutes ago, a Pair of Socks said:

"ATAC balanced"

Yes. assault automatic rifle universally works as a single and automatic shooting . suitable for long , medium and short distances .

2 hours ago, Yood said:

Yes. assault automatic rifle universally works as a single and automatic shooting . suitable for long , medium and short distances .

Which make it op as the ntec

I can understand OCA moans vs ATAC because i'm there. ATAC at close range is virtually the same as OCA with just a tiny bit slower TTK.

Can't understand N-TEC which basically can enter in any fight I have and spray me to death and still will hit more than I do with OCA most of time.

Atac have a range of 50 m stock so it can compete with the ntec, in long range it is worse than ntec but it is way better in close range than ntec, also just compare the stats of the atac to the stats of the colby m-1922 to see that is op

because it's an op gun.

Edited by Uhtdred

ATAC is far from OP at this point, you barely even see people playing it.

It has 50m range stock, but you can't really use it at that range.

It can kill, but it takes such a long time that your opponent can easily turn around and finish you, if he has a weapon that can do that.

17 minutes ago, GhosT said:

ATAC is far from OP at this point, you barely even see people playing it.

It has 50m range stock, but you can't really use it at that range.

It can kill, but it takes such a long time that your opponent can easily turn around and finish you, if he has a weapon that can do that.

That would be your case I have seen twitch streamers using it perfectly at that range. Atac is a meta weapon only avaliable by p2p. 

How I said just compare it to the Tommy gun stats to see what I am talking about

The tommygun was nerfed into uselessness just like a bunch of other guns G1 tried to "improve".

Can't really compare here.

• Like 1

At one point it was the Whisper instead of the ATAC. There have been a bunch of overly annoying weapons over the years unfortunately. I definitely see less ATACs being used these days than a few years ago though.

1 hour ago, RCooper said:

Atac is a meta weapon only avaliable by p2p. 

ATAC is available for lease through the Joker store as well.  (Not that I wouldn't like to see it as a contact unlock.)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

ATAC is available for lease through the Joker store as well.  (Not that I wouldn't like to see it as a contact unlock.)

But it is not worth it

34 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

To be able to continuously lease something from the joker store you practically have to grind fight club with these items. Not really the intention of most people.

• Like 1