MattScott

Update: NOT going to wipe progress

22 hours ago, Dracio said:

No one wants to go back to 2011 FE. Just stop it, geez.....

If having no anticheat is such a big issue for you go play a game that has it and quit complaining

Why do you answer everything I write? you are idiot?

the question I asked Mattscot not to you, if you get bored buy a donkey

jesus!!

On 5/16/2019 at 8:13 AM, Aroa Croft said:

Is it possible to go back to an earlier version like the one in 2011? this is compatible with not deleting and starting from scratch. Some of the objects such as weapons and equipment could be changed by others through a simple recipe. I believe that there and in putting an anticheat, is the key to success!

That wouldn't solve anything. Gear balance is where the issue sits. The combat system in 2011 after going f2p was terrible(yay half the skill lines are total trash), and you would collapse in the combat system pre-f2p. Going back to it would be terrible...ignoring the fact they likely don't even have that version anymore lol.

Game needs a proper playerbase to justify anti-cheat.

On 5/21/2019 at 4:27 PM, MICFILLER said:

That wouldn't solve anything. Gear balance is where the issue sits. The combat system in 2011 after going f2p was terrible(yay half the skill lines are total trash), and you would collapse in the combat system pre-f2p. Going back to it would be terrible...ignoring the fact they likely don't even have that version anymore lol.

Game needs a proper playerbase to justify anti-cheat.

The problem of not having enough players is based on the gameplay of the game, which in my opinion, needs a change ... complete?

Possibly you are right and do not have the version that was released just before the patch of "gores", but although they could recreate that situation, since it was the most fun and attracted people to the game, it was simple and at the same time it was a constant challenge , with different ways of arriving at similar equipment.

The anticheat is really very necessary, if not another option would be that the game does not have pvp, it is ridiculous to do pvp without anticheat in a community that you know that cheats are used.

SIncerely, can not think of another idea to save the game, although the new graphics will come very well but will not affect the gameplay that is the key to success in the game, I would bet for that. What other idea do you think of yourself? Do not tell me to create 500 maps, 500 new weapons ... that costs a lot of investment ...

On 4/6/2019 at 10:50 PM, MattScott said:

Hi Wastelanders,

We've been doing some backend work on the database and infrastructure of Fallen Earth to properly map out how the new version will upgrade.

At this point, I'm 99% confident that we will not wipe progress.

NOTE: We may still choose to limit quantities of some items that come over due to the duplication bug.

But for the most part, everything should come across.

Thanks,
Matt

Well progress has already been wiped, all my oldest toons achievements are gone...

FE%20Gone.png

They where all there about a year ago, not checked since, so may or may not be linked to the server move.

And for some reason my toon made 15-16 months ago has not lost any achievements.

On 4/6/2019 at 10:50 PM, MattScott said:

Yeah sure, it is one of ways to make a transition, still doesn't relieve you and the team to give all players ("all" is important) some clear and doable objectives, what they can do with their characters - how to progress and don't feel ignored and gated by overall mechanics, skill deficiency and group-dependency. If weekend / casual player cannot grind even slightly worse gear (previously top) at much slower but steady rate, one will uninstall game, no bucks for you, obvious. I hope you walked-through this game at least once from 1 to 55 as solo player to understand pain, not exactly as a member of strong supportive clan which would babysit you.

Good news.

Better news would be developing FE2 with the option to port old accounts =P

Then my items would exist in a new game where they will never be available unless you ported the items through!

I love rare items! Haha

Oh and can you please send me an Electric Ant [Ant Bait]. It's the only pet I will never be able to get and I want to complete my collection =P

Or tell me secretly that you placed it in the Animal box so I can scurry to get one before anyone else - that way I can log in and brag and show it off.

I'm serious. It's legendary. No one has it.

On 8/23/2019 at 11:35 AM, Drake Dragoon said:

Good news.

Better news would be developing FE2 with the option to port old accounts =P

Then my items would exist in a new game where they will never be available unless you ported the items through!

I love rare items! Haha

Oh and can you please send me an Electric Ant [Ant Bait]. It's the only pet I will never be able to get and I want to complete my collection =P

Or tell me secretly that you placed it in the Animal box so I can scurry to get one before anyone else - that way I can log in and brag and show it off.

I'm serious. It's legendary. No one has it.

unfortunately it is not good news but rather very bad news since the game has been worse since this was announced.

I honestly don't care if you have an ant of gold, electric or that it is an ant with 28 legs. If nobody plays the game, nobody cares about the "exclusive" objects you may have. You can have a pig with wings that barks, but if nobody is going to see it more than you it makes no sense

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 11:50 PM, MattScott said:

Hi Wastelanders,

We've been doing some backend work on the database and infrastructure of Fallen Earth to properly map out how the new version will upgrade.

NOTE: We may still choose to limit quantities of some items that come over due to the duplication bug.

But for the most part, everything should come across.

Thanks,
Matt

I don't know how to you gonna keep the FE population going for the new release if you're not gonna attract new players. And those will have little to no interest in joining a game which will carry over the old progress and especially things that were affected by duplication glitch (Because that glitch ultimately affected the progress itself one way or the other, no doubt).

I would highly suggest reconsidering this part. Also what about EU servers? The current standards for MMORPGs is for them to be accessible globally. Which FE never was.

1 hour ago, rioha said:

I don't know how to you gonna keep the FE population going for the new release if you're not gonna attract new players. And those will have little to no interest in joining a game which will carry over the old progress and especially things that were affected by duplication glitch (Because that glitch ultimately affected the progress itself one way or the other, no doubt).

I would highly suggest reconsidering this part. Also what about EU servers? The current standards for MMORPGs is for them to be accessible globally. Which FE never was.

This is a thread from 2019. Things have changed in the 2 years since it was originally posted.

The Classic FE that is now back online has been wiped of all old characters.

56 minutes ago, Asquinol said:

This is a thread from 2019. Things have changed in the 2 years since it was originally posted.

The Classic FE that is now back online has been wiped of all old characters.

Good thing because that way, those who had a shitload of chips by selling duped items, will have to start over. 

There are 3 sides to this.

First side, people who love FE will come back and play it every day. Same people who were around since last time.

The more interesting ones are the next two groups
-People who got to max/near max and decided the game had nothing left for them. These people will play for a week, then leave. They won't support the game.

-New players who will see that everybody is already maxed out and feel discouraged they couldn't be part of an MMO launch but instead get to watch as everybody flexes their sick gear.

The only good thing is that higher tier players will frequently help newbies, so that can encourage them for a little bit, but gaining things too quickly can make the experience stale too.

I personally believe the best course of action is to wipe the progress. Those people who would be upset about losing progress are either 1: going to play anyways or 2: people who would have left in a week due to boredom anyways. At the very least though, cash shop items that were purchased previously should be re-applied to previously established accounts. That will alleviate a lot of the anger that established players will feel.

Has there been an official, updated announcement on this?

I'd love to come back and play, but I"m not going to bother if everything will be wiped.  This game, the time and emotional investment, the leveling, scavenging, crafting, hoarding, etc... not going to do all that, just to lose it again.

8 minutes ago, ArykGrev said:

I'd love to come back and play, but I"m not going to bother if everything will be wiped.  This game, the time and emotional investment, the leveling, scavenging, crafting, hoarding, etc... not going to do all that, just to lose it again.

as far as i have heard classic is a full wipe our old data is in stroge as matt and co figure out what to do about the bloat (duped items) and clean it up with out pissing to many off

2 hours ago, ArykGrev said:

The server is now back online. It's a full wipe, as it was too much work getting rid of all the dupes people did with duped/duplicated data, etc.

So everyone has to start over now in Fallen Earth Classic.  They not going to do much further with this, so its just free to play without Cash shop (thank god) and that's it.

Their focus will remain on the reworked version of Fallen Earth that will most likely release alongside it and as long as Classic has an active community it will remain up me thinks.

As the rework will be a different game and different experience. So both versions should be able to live alongside each other as long as there is a healthy population.

Edited by Jeronan

Time to dig up my old alt accounts, if i can even remember the emails.

EDIT: I was able to log in; various ownerships of FE over the years meant I was using an older login.

Edited by ArykGrev

I have spent well over £2000 on both of my accounts playing this game, I don't mind the wipe, as long as I can still come back and enjoy the game, so well done devs, can't wait for the new FE while enjoying the classic

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1