MattScott

Update: NOT going to wipe progress

Hi Wastelanders,

We've been doing some backend work on the database and infrastructure of Fallen Earth to properly map out how the new version will upgrade.

At this point, I'm 99% confident that we will not wipe progress.

NOTE: We may still choose to limit quantities of some items that come over due to the duplication bug.

But for the most part, everything should come across.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 7
  • Thanks 13

Wonderful to hear Matt. Thank you to you and the team for the hard work.

• Like 2

dear matt, dear lo team and other officals,

this really is good news to prolly most, if not all fe-players

i personally would either quit for good or stick to original fe, as long as its up, if i would loose my collections, since many items are unique, given out long time ago on events or giveaways,

rewardet for beeing suscriber, most have a personal meaning to me and alot arent available anymore.

i would be fine with regaining lvl, mats, gear (if craftable or still dropped) and reputation for faction,   IF (!!!) :

the relaunched fe comes with the collection and a future as in new sectors with many missions and a story, aswell as serendipitys and unique recipes and all we loved in the early fe

also i would love to see:

max lvl raise with new gear and buffs (maybe just higher tiers of existing ones adjusted to actual combat- and buildsystem)

factionmissions and storyline continued,

faction gear as one topnotch as it used to be for a while (just merge gt suits and helmets with max faction ones, add adjusted modifiers and make it 780k rep to wear)          but faction suit as look !

new stages of DOME (imo add a ticket to tier4 merchs, that allows one to enter new stages to avoid conflicts with buff/tent time)

make neverender´s revenge augmnetable, so many people still love them, me includet

GORE stage 2, add new recipe to create augmantable ones from the existing weapons, adjust to fit

BUT:

at the moment fe is expiriencing many laggs again/still (idek) , FIX THAT PLZ

either split option needs to return or some items and components need to be sellable, so we can use the merch workaround

thx for ya time

with hopes and greetings

o/

• Like 2

Great News!!!!! I am really glad things are going well with the port to Unity!

• Like 1

This  will allay the fears of many long term players but I do question what items will be limited and to what amount?

Some of the popular items to dupe were farmed legitimately by some players in vast amounts. Obviously not the same amount as those that duped same items but still, substantial amounts gained the correct way. Knowing if these mats will be limited (eg: Dome and DT parts, etc) would help people with excess parts decide whether to make items or sell parts ahead of the changeover. Or even if it is worth still farming for more mats of those to be limited until afterwards.

Thanks for the update LO. Global chat might finally quieten down on the subject. That is a win right there.

• Like 2

matt

Matt, I think you're rushing with that option. Statistically the game was already bad and this will not improve. My opinion is that the game has a big problem since the last updates made by gamerfirst. Honestly, it's hard for me to get in, given that LO has done a few surveys of prohibitions to people who do not deserve it because they continue with the 400 accounts, using vpn and using the same cheats. Without going any further, I entered three days ago and I have seen an empty world with the three known cheaters attentive to doing their "headshots". Please matt, give us a "minimal reason" to play the game, give us a fucking anticheat !

edit: stadistics : https://steamcharts.com/app/113420

Edited by Aroa Croft
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Aroa Croft said:

matt

Matt, I think you're rushing with that option. Statistically the game was already bad and this will not improve. My opinion is that the game has a big problem since the last updates made by gamerfirst. Honestly, it's hard for me to get in, given that LO has done a few surveys of prohibitions to people who do not deserve it because they continue with the 400 accounts, using vpn and using the same cheats. Without going any further, I entered three days ago and I have seen an empty world with the three known cheaters attentive to doing their "headshots". Please matt, give us a "minimal reason" to play the game, give us a fucking anticheat !

i only have 4 accounts. oh i was never permabanned on any btw, and who were online? i wonder wich ones of the 10 pvpers left, since you think everyone but you is cheating. if they add an anticheat you will just cry that it doesnt work, just go ahead and play candy crush on your phone.. if you have the brain capacity to figure out how it works that is.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Aroa Croft said:

matt

giphy.gif

You  logged in 3 days ago after you left FE since January and now you have already  started accusing random players in FE for cheating. You should not have any rights to talk about Anti Cheat in this game. Matt made the right decision and the majority of the players are very happy about it "including me" and btw mind your words, no one is taking you serious.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kinksta said:

i only have 4 accounts. oh i was never permabanned on any btw, and who were online? i wonder wich ones of the 10 pvpers left, since you think everyone but you is cheating. if they add an anticheat you will just cry that it doesnt work, just go ahead and play candy crush on your phone.. if you have the brain capacity to figure out how it works that is.

I will not go into battles with people like you, with whom I played in another game that had an anticheat and that did not even reach the level of being mediocre as a player. That said, to tell you that you have a good time in a game without anticheat, is the ideal game for you.

1 hour ago, Viscera said:

giphy.gif

You  logged in 3 days ago after you left FE since January and now you have already  started accusing random players in FE for cheating. You should not have any rights to talk about Anti Cheat in this game. Matt made the right decision and the majority of the players are very happy about it "including me" and btw mind your words, no one is taking you serious.

Your words say one thing, the numbers say something totally different. I honestly doubt that this game changes with cowardly decisions and not risky. Time will give me the reason again, as I predicted in December 2014. time to time.

By the way, to the numbers I refer to the "steam charts" and I think I have enough experience in the game and its mechanics (since 2011) to know when a player is using cheats.

11 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

I will not go into battles with people like you, with whom I played in another game that had an anticheat and that did not even reach the level of being mediocre as a player. That said, to tell you that you have a good time in a game without anticheat, is the ideal game for you.

Your words say one thing, the numbers say something totally different. I honestly doubt that this game changes with cowardly decisions and not risky. Time will give me the reason again, as I predicted in December 2014. time to time.

By the way, to the numbers I refer to the "steam charts" and I think I have enough experience in the game and its mechanics (since 2011) to know when a player is using cheats.

oh boy, just prepare to uninstall again when the game gets an anticheat. il make sure to 1clip you first

• Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 6:50 AM, MattScott said:

Hi Wastelanders,

We've been doing some backend work on the database and infrastructure of Fallen Earth to properly map out how the new version will upgrade.

NOTE: We may still choose to limit quantities of some items that come over due to the duplication bug.

Thanks,
Matt

A tad late, but Glad to hear my progress will mostly stay (most of my stuff is sentimental)

I may have to return to FE after all. *after 3 years.

i fucking told you they would nto but you didnt belive me WHY DIDNT YOU BELIVE ME 

On 4/10/2019 at 10:42 PM, Aroa Croft said:

matt

They will look for exploited items, it seems to be a good compromise.

The anti-cheat is off topic.

bummer, i was looking forward to a fresh start ...

As a person with many, many accounts, was never perma banned and have lots of items stored on various toons, this is pleasing. Am happy that my stuff is going to be transferred over.

What isn't pleasing is seeing this....

On 4/11/2019 at 6:42 AM, Aroa Croft said:

matt

On 4/11/2019 at 9:19 AM, Aroa Croft said:

Only way to stop Aroa flooding a thread with abusive rants and false concerns about things they have no clue on is to lock the thread.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS UNHOLY..........STOP THE AROA 'FAKE NEWS' and lock the thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ozium said:

bummer, i was looking forward to a fresh start ...

that's what we all expected, a new beginning given by a new company, it sounded great!

58 minutes ago, Dracio said:

As a person with many, many accounts, was never perma banned and have lots of items stored on various toons, this is pleasing. Am happy that my stuff is going to be transferred over.

What isn't pleasing is seeing this....

Only way to stop Aroa flooding a thread with abusive rants and false concerns about things they have no clue on is to lock the thread.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS UNHOLY..........STOP THE AROA 'FAKE NEWS' and lock the thread.

as always you are disrespectful in the forums, putting my name in question.

I do not know if someone in this forum can believe that the steam charts are my property and I put the numbers ... (I mean with this the supposed fake news that you mention) " https://steamcharts.com/app/113420".

I know you do not like to see the reality of a "REAL" database, since it shows that the game is not going well. I see her with a critical eye, to try to improve the situation.

On the multiple accounts you mention, you should read the rules. What's the point of creating 400 free accounts with a single character or two, when the game has the possibility of "expanding characters" after payment? This means that people evade payment for the same service, or in case of many, they do it to hide "illegitimate objects fraudulently copied" or use traps to evade the bans.

- Therefore, it is being created illegitimately since the game offers the possibility of expanding those accounts with a character more previous payment

On this I would like, that I could make pay "a single payment of 5 or 10 euros / dollars" to create an account, this would remove many of the trolls and the multiple accounts that use cheats

read this, this is written by lixil in forum rules:

- No Multiple Accounts A new account should only be made if there is a legitimate reason. Users that fail to comply to evade bans will be taken care of accordingly.   

And by the way, to say my name on the forums every time you appear, if you do not like my ideas, you just have to not see them or say I do not agree, instead of trying to put what remains of community against me or proffer insults.

if you read the rules, read this:

- No Flaming Refrain from using language that is abusive, aggressive, confrontational, slanderous, or provocative.     ( you provocate me each time you put my name in forums)

- No Harassment Acts of intimidation towards a community member in public or in private, sexual or otherwise, are not  allowed. ( you do act intimidation againts me each time you put my name in forum )

have a good day.

Edited by Aroa Croft

On 4/15/2019 at 9:29 PM, Kishoot said:

They will look for exploited items, it seems to be a good compromise.

The anti-cheat is off topic.

I know that this is outside the topic that we are talking about. But the truth is that I'm frustrated by the current game we have. In my opinion, I do not think that some better graphics will make the game better. The main problem has always been the lack of anticheat of the game and the lag that creates the game itself that makes the characters have orthopedic movements. But you're right this is outside the topic that is talked about and Matt is not going to talk about it, since they have enough work to redo the game to listen to opinions that give them more work.

15 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

On the multiple accounts you mention, you should read the rules. What's the point of creating 400 free accounts with a single character or two, when the game has the possibility of "expanding characters" after payment? This means that people evade payment for the same service, or in case of many, they do it to hide "illegitimate objects fraudulently copied" or use traps to evade the bans.

- Therefore, it is being created illegitimately since the game offers the possibility of expanding those accounts with a character more previous payment

read this, this is written by lixil in forum rules:

- No Multiple Accounts A new account should only be made if there is a legitimate reason. Users that fail to comply to evade bans will be taken care of accordingly.   

OK the rule you refer to is about forum accounts NOT the game. Many people have multiple game accounts with 4-6 toons on each. Which is fine and allowed. This does not mean those people are doing nefarious things on those accounts or are storing tons of duped items. They are legit accounts with legit items (this is not to say there are not people with multiple accounts with duped items on it but there would be less people than legit). So if you are going to spout rules, please use the correct ones hon.

15 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

And by the way, to say my name on the forums every time you appear, if you do not like my ideas, you just have to not see them or say I do not agree, instead of trying to put what remains of community against me or proffer insults.

if you read the rules, read this:

- No Flaming Refrain from using language that is abusive, aggressive, confrontational, slanderous, or provocative.     ( you provocate me each time you put my name in forums)

- No Harassment Acts of intimidation towards a community member in public or in private, sexual or otherwise, are not  allowed. ( you do act intimidation againts me each time you put my name in forum )

have a good day.

If you feel intimidated by people that differ in views and ideas to your own, I feel sorry for you. No human can grow intellectually without expanding their ideals by looking at and considering those of others. To live a stinted life, stuck in a limited view point of your own does not mean you are right. Many people are very happy that their items will be transferred over and this is great news. This means some who intended to quit will stay now. Those that return from time to time have no fear of having to start from scratch each time. Which btw has stopped a few from returning. The grind is real and some don't want to do it over.

Stop putting up rules to suit your purpose when the forums are full of you abusing said rules. Just go back and look at your posts.

On 4/18/2019 at 3:02 AM, Dracio said:

OK the rule you refer to is about forum accounts NOT the game. Many people have multiple game accounts with 4-6 toons on each. Which is fine and allowed. This does not mean those people are doing nefarious things on those accounts or are storing tons of duped items. They are legit accounts with legit items (this is not to say there are not people with multiple accounts with duped items on it but there would be less people than legit). So if you are going to spout rules, please use the correct ones hon.

If you feel intimidated by people that differ in views and ideas to your own, I feel sorry for you. No human can grow intellectually without expanding their ideals by looking at and considering those of others. To live a stinted life, stuck in a limited view point of your own does not mean you are right. Many people are very happy that their items will be transferred over and this is great news. This means some who intended to quit will stay now. Those that return from time to time have no fear of having to start from scratch each time. Which btw has stopped a few from returning. The grind is real and some don't want to do it over.

Stop putting up rules to suit your purpose when the forums are full of you abusing said rules. Just go back and look at your posts.

I'm not going to start a discussion with you, nor will I repeat the same thing, you yourself point to what you write, I will not feed more to a troll like you. It is clear in my opinion the rules, the indices of population by a free means such as steam charts and people or mods see who appoints who in the forums. That you have a good day and that you go well and your boyfriends.

the forum is not for these nonsense; D

Excellent news, thanks for the update! Now I can come back and start playing again! 😁

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 10:50 PM, MattScott said:

Hi Wastelanders,

Thanks,
Matt

Is it possible to go back to an earlier version like the one in 2011? this is compatible with not deleting and starting from scratch. Some of the objects such as weapons and equipment could be changed by others through a simple recipe. I believe that there and in putting an anticheat, is the key to success!

No one wants to go back to 2011 FE. Just stop it, geez.....

If having no anticheat is such a big issue for you go play a game that has it and quit complaining

• Like 1