Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

Another Quick Survey

Deployable Shields  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What is your opinion on deployable shields. Should they:

• Be left as is. They are fine as they currently are
    • Receive a rework. The concept is not a bad idea, but the execution was terrible
    • Be deleted. They are broken
    • Unsure/Don't know

If you've been playing for a fair bit of time, you may have picked up on a certain playstyle: that is dropping a deployable shield as soon as you are shot at/about to die

Putting that aside, we all probably have our fair share of an opinion on it so this survey is so we can see the varying views on it from other members of the community

Edited by Weeb TheEpicGuyV2

Ive never had a problem with shields beyond their ability to block ladders.... then again as often as Im getting 1v1 and 2v2 missions, sometimes even that is a nice feature.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 4

Be left as is. They are fine as they currently are

More than happy to hear other people's opinions and perspectives, If someone thinks deployable shields are broken or over powered then I'd like to hear their reasoning.

Deployable shields are consumables so are limited, and serve as a temporary extra layer of defence, I have gone against an opponent that is just in an open area or stuck in a corner and use a shield as a delaying tactic hastily without any options of escape.

It is a really beneficial defensive tool but you some basic plan or strategy as to how you're going to use it.

As cookie said it can block ladders, but after it is destroyed then anyone that attempts to replace it at the ladder would be exposing themselves to gun fire. It results in a stand off/ambush which would of happened at the ladder anyway.

I want them to be deleted, but not because they are broken. I just think they bring a more static, campy game-play, which I personally don't like.

I'm sure this can be countered by skill and the right tactic, but skills and tactics haven't been on my to-do list the past few years.

• Thanks 1

Ah the "I-made-a-mistake-and-am-out-of-position-but-who-cares" deployable. Yes, not a huge fan of it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AsgerLund said:

I want them to be deleted, but not because they are broken. I just think they bring a more static, campy game-play, which I personally don't like.

I'm sure this can be countered by skill and the right tactic, but skills and tactics haven't been on my to-do list the past few years.

meh just die then throw your newly acquired grenades at them

no strategy needed just die respaawn and boom

While far from the best player or the most experienced, I see the majority of deployable shields use similarly to what I call "panic percs". As you mentioned, people tend to drop them when they're panicking after making a mistake. I can't say what sort of rework would make them more appropriate to use in certain situations, but I do think a rework to eliminate said panic behavior would be nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Solacium said:

While far from the best player or the most experienced, I see the majority of deployable shields use similarly to what I call "panic percs". As you mentioned, people tend to drop them when they're panicking after making a mistake. I can't say what sort of rework would make them more appropriate to use in certain situations, but I do think a rework to eliminate said panic behavior would be nice.

I personally don't mind panic shields. 

Even if you are out of nades, it effectively removes the player from the fight. They are still out of position even if they manage to regen health. Just remember not to continue to engage an enemy who is behind a shield. Unless you have the clear advantage. (Like the higher ground) They will have to move eventually and that is your moment to strike. 

Remember, in APB you never want to engage in even a fair fight if you can help it, and though you may have had the advantage before the shield was dropped, unless your opponent is running pointman weapons, the shield at the very least evens the score if not outright gives them the advantage. 

This is where I see many players screw up. They know they are only 1-2 shots from scoring a kill, and that bloodlust seems to prevent them from thinking clearly.

So simply disengage, or wait. 

They will have to move again. 

4 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

@CookiePuss you seem to have a habit of not minding things that get nerfed in the end :^)

Love you 😘

I save my crying for irl stuff.

While I may have been against some of the nerfs, I don't own the game, so its simply not my call.

tl;dr Im an adult

Right now all these yellow mods just give straight advantage to the user.

Change all consumables into orange mods. Rebalance if needed.

A rework is needed from my point of view, never got addicted to consumables honestly.

I voted unsure/don't know because i haven't played in a while and haven't really noticed this.But imo games shouldn't have reactionary last chance savior items (with a few exceptions like potions and leaps on cooldowns) .I am kind of split on this.Maybe a rework wouldn't hurt.

They are fine as they are. My only problem is with cooldown - it's not often but you can meet guys litteraly dependant on them and deploying them "whenever".

Blocking ladders is other thing but beyond few places, most are climable from other place or you can shot it off pretty easily.

I would like to see Deployable Shields requiring some time to set up, since they are too Fortnite-ish atm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2019 at 11:00 PM, CookiePuss said:

tl;dr Im an adult

what is the age of an adult ?

37 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adult

It depends, apparently. 

But in the US, at least conversationally, it means someone over the age of 18. 

Law speaking you become adult when your legally consider as such by state - usually along with gaining voting rights.

But physically? Well... I still don't consider myself adult 🙂

Could be a cool concept where, the player uses it while mobile, removing their primary slot and is forced to use their secondary giving the armor advanced a decent balance. since the shield can now be moved though I think it to be wise to half the original health of the shield has but, what do I know 😛

Edited by IRyanI