36 members have voted

1. 1. Is this still allowed to be used?

Tell me 😄

There are plenty of topics asking this already including this one: 

Using the search feature is your best friend

• Like 1

imo it shouldn't be allowed but for some reason it is 😕

• Thanks 2

At this time the Advanced Launcher is an exception and is authorised by Little Orbit.

However it may be reviewed once the new game engine is out.

...it remains debatable though if it gives an unfair advantage to some who do not need it.

Advanced Launcher is 100% allowed and it should remain that way until the engine upgrade. There is no excuse in forcing players to play with the default laggy settings before the game gets a proper update and is optimized. Besides, the advanced launcher does not offer any actual advantage over players who use the default files because it does not allow for removal of particles. Separate files are needed for particle removals and as far as I know, those extra files are gray area (I do not recommend using those personally, because they are also widely considered as cheating.)

Edited by Flaws

38 minutes ago, Goldtiger said:

imo it shouldn't be allowed but for some reason it is 😕

Oh god... here we go again.

• Like 1

There is a reason, why Epic Games blocked all those cheaty custom resolutions in Fortnite and allowed only 16:9.
LO should do the same and lock every "not an advantage" yet a big advantage config after engine upgrade. There is no legit excuse in 2019 to use anything else than native monitor resolution.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Microtea said:

There is a reason, why Epic Games blocked all those cheaty custom resolutions in Fortnite and allowed only 16:9.
LO should do the same and lock every "not an advantage" yet a big advantage config after engine upgrade. There is no legit excuse in 2019 to use anything else than native monitor resolution.

Sweet, I was worried someone who has no clue what they are talking about wouldn't show up.

Thanks fam!

• Like 2

the search button is still illegal i see

1 hour ago, Microtea said:

I sincerely hope you are joking. playing stretched is at best a placebo that makes you feel like you have an easier time hitting and a straight up disadvantage at worst.

Most people that play on stretched do so because they are used to lower res from ye olde days of the late 90s early 2000s, then there are a few special snowflakes who saw their favourite CSGO pro play stretched and therefore thought it had to be some sort of advantage.

Just block everything already. /end  lol/s

What really needs to happen is things need to be implemented for everyone. New players who do not have mouse accel fixes and auto sprint edits are at a minor disadvantage. Change my mind.

Edited by RandomCatface

Search function - is it still usable?

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

9 hours ago, Microtea said:

imagine having so little brain cells you post something like this

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Sweet, I was worried someone who has no clue what they are talking about wouldn't show up.

Thanks fam!

Ha, some basement dweller on 500 /pop game forum thinks he is smarter than EG, industry leading gamedev company.

12 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

I sincerely hope you are joking. playing stretched is at best a placebo that makes you feel like you have an easier time hitting and a straight up disadvantage at worst.

Most people that play on stretched do so because they are used to lower res from ye olde days of the late 90s early 2000s, then there are a few special snowflakes who saw their favourite CSGO pro play stretched and therefore thought it had to be some sort of advantage.

So let them live in their late 1990s with pentium 3 and vga resolution on CRT monitor. They can go back living in cave as well, because our ancestors used to live there.
What people are doing when they want to see some gameplay? They are going to YT or Twitch. What they gonna see there? Trash can full of 320x240 minecraft config clay man wars. Nice promotion for sure.
inb4 people watch skillful gameplay rather than graphics

5 hours ago, Fur said:

imagine having so little brain cells you post something like this

imagine lowercase typing weeb talks about brain cells lmao

3 hours ago, Microtea said:

Ha, some basement dweller

While I did recently move my office from the main floor which overlooked our fruit orchard and one of my wife's flower gardens to the lower level, it was only to afford myself a view of the sunsets over our private lake. But yes, I am typing from what you might technically call a "basement".

on 500 /pop game

If you think so little of the game and our community, Im not really sure why you are even here. Though if this was just an emotional response to people disagreeing with you I understand that, as Ive certainly fallen prey to it myself.

thinks he is smarter than EG

Epic Games is highly successful indeed. Cornering the market on children has that effect. That being said, you should be aware of how controversial their recent decision was, even within their own community.

Surely you don't think EG is infallible. Or maybe you do, I don't know. For me, while I don't understand why people choose to play with stretched resolutions, it doesn't really seem like any of my business or any of my concern.

If you could explain why you think it shouldn't be allowed, I'm happy to discuss any points you make in detail.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

where are you taking your thought ? 

personally I consider ADVANCED LAUNCHER how to use third-party software to gain an advantage in the game . 

what vote ? specifically in this moment ADVANCED LAUNCHER it is a proven and officially authorized program . hopefully this will be fixed with the game engine update .

Edited by Yood

"Is it still legal"

Once you become 18+, there is no going back..

Sign in to follow this